Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nightrain Troubles
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nightrain Troubles  (Read 38744 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »

I also feel that all the tickets should be available for the fan club presale.  I understand that certain bands out there may not have the clout to make this demand of the venue/promoter/whoever.  But I?m sure that GN?R (and PJ and Metallica) do have that clout.  Especially now with Slash and Duff back in the fold (no offense to the rest of the band, IMO the demand was there regardless).  Why make this demand you ask?  Because not everyone in the fan club wants to be in the pit.  If someone wants to be in GA or in the very farthest seat from the goddam stage that?s their business.  Why is it only certain sections?  That doesn?t make much sense to me.  Every interested party I can think of only has one goal in mind and that?s to sell every last ticket in the place. 

I could not agree more.

I re-upped with the fanclub, and after taking a look today...I wonder why.

Most diehard fans want to be on the floor or in GA.  Me, I'd rather be killed than have that seat.

What I wanted, was a club box.  And they were not even available to me.  The fanclub guy.  Who paid extra money for early access.  Say what?

I have seats in the lower level.  They are great seats.  What they were not, were not my first choice.  Why did I not even have a chance at my first choice?

Why, 2 weeks after fanclub access, a week after AmEx access, and 3 days after the general public seats go on sale...can I suddenly get club box seats?

Makes zero sense.  It's a first world problem, to be sure, but it's fuckin' irritating.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2017, 04:31:14 PM »

I also feel that all the tickets should be available for the fan club presale.  I understand that certain bands out there may not have the clout to make this demand of the venue/promoter/whoever.  But I?m sure that GN?R (and PJ and Metallica) do have that clout.  Especially now with Slash and Duff back in the fold (no offense to the rest of the band, IMO the demand was there regardless).  Why make this demand you ask?  Because not everyone in the fan club wants to be in the pit.  If someone wants to be in GA or in the very farthest seat from the goddam stage that?s their business.  Why is it only certain sections?  That doesn?t make much sense to me.  Every interested party I can think of only has one goal in mind and that?s to sell every last ticket in the place. 

I could not agree more.

Most diehard fans want to be on the floor or in GA.  Me, I'd rather be killed than have that seat.

What I wanted, was a club box.  And they were not even available to me.  The fanclub guy.  Who paid extra money for early access.  Say what?

I have seats in the lower level.  They are great seats.  What they were not, were not my first choice.  Why did I not even have a chance at my first choice?

Why, 2 weeks after fanclub access, a week after AmEx access, and 3 days after the general public seats go on sale...can I suddenly get club box seats?

Makes zero sense.  It's a first world problem, to be sure, but it's fuckin' irritating.

Yeah I paid the 45 dollars to "upgrade" my membership for the passcode... even though I just paid for the membership not even a year ago...

but I did it... I'll get a new t shirt... alright.. no big deal.. and like you said, I also got good seats...but it's not a good system, and not worth it when you have an opportunity to choose from the entire seat chart after the presale.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »

but I did it... I'll get a new t shirt... alright.. no big deal.. and like you said, I also got good seats...but it's not a good system, and not worth it when you have an opportunity to choose from the entire seat chart after the presale.

Here's the other side of that.  And frankly...it destroys my own argument.

I could NEVER have rolled the dice and waited.  I needed to know I had my seats ASAP.

So, something of a Catch-22, really.  It's just frustrating. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2017, 04:53:39 PM »

I could NEVER have rolled the dice and waited.  I needed to know I had my seats ASAP.

Yup.... that's why I did it too.... would be too anxious.

Common sense should have slapped me and told me to wait....but oh well haha.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2017, 05:53:31 PM »

Has there ever been a problem for anyone getting seats when they just become available to the general public.

That's all I did In Seattle.  Got great seats.  And greatvseats are still available in Edmonton and Denver.   Even on resale sites the markup isn't even close to being outrageous.   

Defenetly not worth my time to sign up for this to wait in line for that only to get something you are 100% satisfied with and then complain about it
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »

Has there ever been a problem for anyone getting seats when they just become available to the general public.

That's all I did In Seattle.  Got great seats.  And greatvseats are still available in Edmonton and Denver.   Even on resale sites the markup isn't even close to being outrageous.   

Defenetly not worth my time to sign up for this to wait in line for that only to get something you are 100% satisfied with and then complain about it
The Baconmans account has been hacked, not a fucking moan in sight, I had to double check the posters name to be sure. hihi
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2017, 08:17:26 PM »

All this sitting down at concerts in America beats me from the start! Seats on the floor at Arena and stadium shows are pretty much unheard of over here- unless it's an act aiming for that vibe. For rock shows, it seems totally alien to me. Why is it? A health and safety thing?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »

Wow... Simply not possible to read all that. Does anyone have a short recap of what is being said confused

Reading is fundamental.  Read a paragraph and then go take a break.  You can do this!   ok

I could not agree more.

I hear you man.  Thanks for the sympathy.

I could not agree more.

Exactly, especially if you are making travel plans to get to the show.  As mentioned in my rant it's great that with some shows amazing tickets become available a week before the show and all, but not so great for folks who decided not to go because they never even had the chance to try to get those tickets. 

We are not 100% satisfied with it that's the problem.  I know my rant is long but if you take the time to read it you will hopefully come away knowing two things.  One, the problems with the fan club are not just with the tickets, that's only one problematic area.  Two, many of us were not satisfied with the tickets we end up getting (or not getting in some cases) for the shows.  Yes, we understand that there are no guarantees even if the fan club had access to all the tickets.  At this point we would simply appreciate an explanation of why things are being run they were they are when, based on other fan clubs, it doesn't seem like they have to be.

All this sitting down at concerts in America beats me from the start! Seats on the floor at Arena and stadium shows are pretty much unheard of over here- unless it's an act aiming for that vibe. For rock shows, it seems totally alien to me. Why is it? A health and safety thing?

A great question indeed, wish I had an answer for you on that one.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2017, 02:41:32 PM »

Yup. It's a fire code thing to ensure venues don't oversell the venue.  A LOT of it stems from some pretty horrific outcomes (like the Whitesnake/Station club fire) when at medium sized to large venues that have had large % GA shows.

Indoor Venues are allowed a VERY small % of their capacity to be GA (basically enough to fill a pit) and not much more.  You can apply for permission to change that, and FESTIVALS have entirely different rules (don't get me started on the complexity of THAT set of craziness), but by and large, most venues comply with them.

Different cities and states have different exact rules, and there are a few that still allow more GA setups...but those venues are few and far between.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2017, 04:01:35 PM »

Yup. It's a fire code thing to ensure venues don't oversell the venue.  A LOT of it stems from some pretty horrific outcomes (like the Whitesnake/Station club fire) when at medium sized to large venues that have had large % GA shows.

Indoor Venues are allowed a VERY small % of their capacity to be GA (basically enough to fill a pit) and not much more.  You can apply for permission to change that, and FESTIVALS have entirely different rules (don't get me started on the complexity of THAT set of craziness), but by and large, most venues comply with them.

Different cities and states have different exact rules, and there are a few that still allow more GA setups...but those venues are few and far between.

I don't think anyone was talking about Americans sitting on flioor seats

I totally get why they actually have to sell floor seats

What blows my mind.  Is people in the stands that sit. 

Europe and Canada all have stadiums.  We. All have seats.   There is no fire code that says you must sit during a concert n perhaps in the United States there is haha
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »

Cheers. Thought it might be something like that.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »

Europe and Canada all have stadiums.  We. All have seats.   There is no fire code that says you must sit during a concert n perhaps in the United States there is haha

Nope, he literally meant "Why are there physical seats on the floor of the arena/stadium". Because in South America and most of Europe..that's not a thing. The floors are all first come/first serve GA style entry.

IDK what shows you've been at, but at the GnR show at Metlife...nobody was sitting during GnR's set anywhere near me! I can tell you that, for sure. I have video footage to prove it, actually.  And by and large at 90% of the shows I've been to...even pop concerts....over the past 30 years, I don't see all that many people sitting during the show.  There's a few..but its not nearly "most".  Maybe it's a geography thing.  90% of the shows I go to are in the NE U.S.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2017, 08:11:09 PM »

Nope, he literally meant "Why are there physical seats on the floor of the arena/stadium". Because in South America and most of Europe..that's not a thing. The floors are all first come/first serve GA style entry.

IDK what shows you've been at, but at the GnR show at Metlife...nobody was sitting during GnR's set anywhere near me! I can tell you that, for sure. I have video footage to prove it, actually.  And by and large at 90% of the shows I've been to...even pop concerts....over the past 30 years, I don't see all that many people sitting during the show.  There's a few..but its not nearly "most".  Maybe it's a geography thing.  90% of the shows I go to are in the NE U.S.

Yeah, that was what I was curious about. I'm not surprised if people sit in their seats- when I've gone to gigs and booked a seat, it's usually because I wanted to sit down, for whatever reason! 

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2017, 09:56:13 PM »

Yeah, that was what I was curious about. I'm not surprised if people sit in their seats- when I've gone to gigs and booked a seat, it's usually because I wanted to sit down, for whatever reason! 

Yea see I knew what you where taking about

I have been to United States concerts in

Las Vegas
Seattle
Denver

People are always sitting in chairs.    It's brutal

I have been to concerts all through out Canada

I have never seen this
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2017, 02:00:41 AM »

Las Vegas
Seattle
Denver

I have never seen this

I've seen GnR in several different countries but my experience in the US was surrealistic. I still cant believe I have experienced a GnR show without having any contact at all with other human beings. In the general field section. It was like attending an opera or ballet act.

in my homeland, going to GnR concerts is literally going to WAR. Im a 1,85 mts and 84 kg guy and I thought I was going to die several times in Buenos Aires 11/4/2016.

I think Brazil is a good and healthy intermediate

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »

Las Vegas
Seattle
Denver

I have never seen this

I've seen GnR in several different countries but my experience in the US was surrealistic. I still cant believe I have experienced a GnR show without having any contact at all with other human beings. In the general field section. It was like attending an opera or ballet act.

in my homeland, going to GnR concerts is literally going to WAR. Im a 1,85 mts and 84 kg guy and I thought I was going to die several times in Buenos Aires 11/4/2016.

I think Brazil is a good and healthy intermediate

Oasis gigs in the UK were like an actual battle! I loved it all at the time, but no way would I go back to that. Rougher than any gig I've ever seen, even by the most aggressive Metal bands you can imagine. Their fans are insane.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2017, 08:37:35 AM »

Oasis gigs in the UK were like an actual battle! I loved it all at the time, but no way would I go back to that. Rougher than any gig I've ever seen, even by the most aggressive Metal bands you can imagine. Their fans are insane.

Agreed, the trouble with the Oasis follower was that there were seriously fucked up fans (in want of a better word) with a real nasty attitude, looking to start fights, throw piss bottles and basically were trying to be Liam wannabe's. It was embarassing to be honest.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2017, 09:02:13 AM »

Agreed, the trouble with the Oasis follower was that there were seriously fucked up fans (in want of a better word) with a real nasty attitude, looking to start fights, throw piss bottles and basically were trying to be Liam wannabe's. It was embarassing to be honest.

Definitely became that way in the later years yeah. The passion was there, but towards the end the 'fucked up' element was definitely taking over. Loved the band though, still do. Never put me off the shows, but don't think I could handle it now!

Tom Grant
Opening Act

« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »

Has everyone seen the new official merch t-shirt "I Listen To GNR With My Kid"? Thought it was pretty cool.  smoking

https://gnrmerch.com/products/i-listen-to-gnr-cassette-kids-t-shirt

Is it still taking months to receive products from the store? I've been considering a Nightrain membership, but I'm curious as to how active is their forum these days?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2017, 10:43:19 AM »

Has everyone seen the new official merch t-shirt "I Listen To GNR With My Kid"? Thought it was pretty cool.  smoking

https://gnrmerch.com/products/i-listen-to-gnr-cassette-kids-t-shirt

Is it still taking months to receive products from the store? I've been considering a Nightrain membership, but I'm curious as to how active is their forum these days?

If you're joining Nightrain solely to use a forum, it's not worth it. No idea about products from store, but Nightrain package took months and months to arrive.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: