Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nightrain Troubles
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nightrain Troubles  (Read 38746 times)
Tom Grant
Opening Act

« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »

Has everyone seen the new official merch t-shirt "I Listen To GNR With My Kid"? Thought it was pretty cool.  smoking

https://gnrmerch.com/products/i-listen-to-gnr-cassette-kids-t-shirt

Is it still taking months to receive products from the store? I've been considering a Nightrain membership, but I'm curious as to how active is their forum these days?

If you're joining Nightrain solely to use a forum, it's not worth it. No idea about products from store, but Nightrain package took months and months to arrive.

Other than having an additional forum, I don't see many other benefits of joining. You do get a 30th anniversary Nightrain t-shirt, so that's not too bad considering the cost of the lower membership is only $45. Considering they are going be making their 2nd NITL run through NA, I don't see pre-sale benefits being a necessity.

Prior to them announcing the additional dates, I almost did buy a membership because I was really hoping that the band was going to put something cool together for AFD's 30th anniversary. In the off-chance that it would have only been a show or two, and if they would have offered tickets to Nightrain members first, I wanted to be ready.

I'm still hoping that the band does something special for AFD's 30th. It's such an iconic album - and being as though all 5 members who helped to create that album are still alive and well - it would be a damn shame if the anniversary were to pass with no special fanfare or celebration.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2017, 04:01:02 PM »

Anyone know when the Fanclub merch will be shipped out? I paid the $85 for the album n stuff. Just curious when it might arrive. Thanks

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2017, 04:04:07 PM »

Anyone know when the Fanclub merch will be shipped out? I paid the $85 for the album n stuff. Just curious when it might arrive. Thanks

When did you buy? Assuming it's in the last few weeks I'd expect it about October time.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2017, 03:08:59 AM »

Order in Spring and maybe if you're very good all year Santa will come.  hihi
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2017, 04:18:58 PM »

When did you buy? Assuming it's in the last few weeks I'd expect it about October time.

Ya I bought it for Toronto presale. Thanks. I'll try to remember in October to keep an eye out for it lol

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »

Competition for Nightrain members to win tickets to the tour just gone out. American residents only. Again.

So they just rolled through Europe, and there were no perks whatsoever for European members - not even a ticket giveaway for shows?

I don't know who is running Nightrain, but they really need to look at the way European fans are treated. There seems to be no perks whatsoever. Essentially you just buy a shirt and a lanyard- that's all the fanclub amounts to for Europeans.

Sorry to moan- it just seems a really poor, and unfair, deal.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »

Competition for Nightrain members to win tickets to the tour just gone out. American residents only. Again.

So they just rolled through Europe, and there were no perks whatsoever for European members - not even a ticket giveaway for shows?

I don't know who is running Nightrain, but they really need to look at the way European fans are treated. There seems to be no perks whatsoever. Essentially you just buy a shirt and a lanyard- that's all the fanclub amounts to for Europeans.

Agreed. I didn't bother to renew my membership.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »

Agreed. I didn't bother to renew my membership.

I won't when mine expires unless things notably change in the interim- it's a shame, as it wouldn't take much to make it decent. I guess it's run by Live Nation? They're hardly known for high quality fan liasons. Throwing the running of it over to fans with experience of running things who had some knowledge of what other fans want I think would surely bring in more renewals?

MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2017, 07:27:36 PM »

On the site it says  "T-shirt and laminate will ship in August. Vinyl, litho, and slipmat will ship in the fall."

I may get the laminate before Hershey show or maybe not.

They had a guitar pick scavenger hunt where they gave away tickets for nearly every show.  Yeah that was for anyone but they never did that in the US.  In London they gave away 12 stage used drum heads signed by Frank to Nightrain members.  Each one was labeled with what country it was played in.   

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2017, 05:13:36 AM »

On the site it says  "T-shirt and laminate will ship in August. Vinyl, litho, and slipmat will ship in the fall."

I may get the laminate before Hershey show or maybe not.

They had a guitar pick scavenger hunt where they gave away tickets for nearly every show.  Yeah that was for anyone but they never did that in the US.  In London they gave away 12 stage used drum heads signed by Frank to Nightrain members.  Each one was labeled with what country it was played in.   

Where was all this revealed? First i've heard about any of it, and i check the nightrain forum regularly!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2017, 12:07:53 PM »

Just used mine to get good seats for Hartford.

Section 105 (right by the stage), 6th row! PERFECT for us!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »

Is membership just for a year?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2017, 05:30:34 PM »

Is membership just for a year?

Yeah.

Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »

That's what put me off getting it. You can get the exact same tickets without the membership, and since the European shows (or at least Slane Castle and London, not 100% sure about the others) the floor was all standing it wasn't even like the pre-sale got you a better spot. And since there seem to be no real benefits except the pre-sale there was no point in joining.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »

That's what put me off getting it. You can get the exact same tickets without the membership, and since the European shows (or at least Slane Castle and London, not 100% sure about the others) the floor was all standing it wasn't even like the pre-sale got you a better spot. And since there seem to be no real benefits except the pre-sale there was no point in joining.

Yeah- I've not been impressed at all. Feel pretty cheated, as I expected at least a few things to justify being a member. You are basically buying a t-shirt/lanyard. It's a shame, but there seems to be no effort put in at all in terms of European fans especially. Pre-sale is the only perk, which, given that they've just finished touring Europe, probably isn't going to be much use!

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2020, 05:53:44 PM »

My Nightrain package was shipped to finland on 27 Feb.
The tracking code dosent work for somereason.

Any guess on how long it will take?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2020, 06:25:50 PM »

Probably a few weeks at least.

If you wanna check on the order, contact them at: https://www.gunsnroses.com/help

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2020, 06:44:03 PM »

Probably a few weeks at least.

If you wanna check on the order, contact them at: https://www.gunsnroses.com/help

/jarmo

Thanks!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2020, 03:45:41 PM »

Ok. So my nightrain stuff arrived in finland, but its held at the costums until i declare it and pay taxes from it in Finland because the value is over 22€.

Is this legit cause in a way those are a gift from being a member? Well what im asking is that can i get around it?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2020, 03:55:06 PM »

Ok. So my nightrain stuff arrived in finland, but its held at the costums until i declare it and pay taxes from it in Finland because the value is over 22€.

Is this legit cause in a way those are a gift from being a member? Well what im asking is that can i get around it?

Sorry to say, but I don't think so. When you paid for the membership, essentially you bought that merchandise.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: