Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:38:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Kids react to Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kids react to Guns N' Roses  (Read 4242 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: March 05, 2017, 05:26:22 PM »

For those of you who's familiar with the Fine Bros on youtube, there's a new video today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWAe9zc_tyA

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Stevenson
Headliner

"Tourmaline Green"

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:45:46 PM »

I still remember the first time I was exposed to Guns N' Roses. I was 7 years old. My Mum's best friend's son was OBSESSED with the band. He was 5 years older than me and was right in the thick of the Illusion albums. I was at their house one night playing Sonic The Hedgehog on his Megadrive. All of a sudden he pauses the game, pops a tape in his stereo, grins from ear to ear and says, "check this out". I didn't know it at the time but we were listening to Get in The Ring. All I remember thinking was, "woah, hold up. These guys swear on their record!! Cool!!" That was my first Guns memory - they swore. It wasn't but 2 hours later and there we were cutting the sleeves off his brand new denim jacket so he could "look cool like Axl". I can remember his Mum shouting from the living room, "You better not be listening to that fucking Guns N' Roses again!!!" The irony of her swearing was lost on me as a kid. The language moved up a gear that night when she discovered the modifications we'd made to his denim jacket. hihi

It would be another 8 years at the turn of the millennium before my own obsession would kick in and I would fully appreciate the band. Up until that point music was such a passive thing for me. Take it or leave it. I don't know what happened but when the Guns N' Roses thing kicked in, it kicked in big time. The same guy who gave me my first taste of the gunners is sadly now a heroin addict and has been for over a decade. No word of a lie the last time I saw him he came round my parents house strung out trying to effectively fleece us for cash. I hadn't seen him for years at that point. The last thing he did before leaving was ask me if we could listen to Civil War. I stuck it on and we listened all the way through.

However, I digress! The kids reactions were great. Loved the kid who explained to Slash that smoking was bad for him.  hihi
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »

The kids' mystified and incredulous reactions to the "November Rain" video are the same reactions I still have to it as an adult.   hihi

"It looks like all those people are in the band!"

"Why is Slash playing his guitar out in the desert?"

"What?  She DIED on their wedding day?"

rofl   rofl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 10:07:00 PM »

That was funny. Thanks for sharing.  ok

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 03:17:34 PM »

That was pretty cute, I lol'd. Cool that some of them even recognized the band even if it was like "my dad plays this"
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 12:23:43 PM »

Hilarious... Made me feel kinda old though  Grin

-Eirik

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »

I got weirdly emotional watching this

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 11:33:04 AM »

I got weirdly emotional watching this

I have no kids and don't want any either. But watching this is a little weird feeling in a way. Some things need to be passed on for other generations to come.

And yes, Slash. Stop smoking, it's bad for you. And all you, cut your hair and get a real job.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 09:31:02 PM »

Yeah, I watched it the other day before this post and it is absolutely great. A new generation of Gunners is being formed as we speak.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 08:01:58 AM »

this has been my favourite video on youtube for the longest time. Those kids are amazing and a true test to GNR's Sound. They Stand the test of time! and they're just as cool today as they were in 87!

Long Live Axl and Gnr

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: