Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:19:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses will play at Rock in Rio 2017 (Sep 23rd)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses will play at Rock in Rio 2017 (Sep 23rd)  (Read 13095 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: March 07, 2017, 06:51:57 PM »

The band will play in the same night with The Who. Not sure who will be first, tho. The article is more focused on The Who.

But that will mean a proshot, I guess. Hopefully.

This thing is gonna take place in Rio de Janeiro in September 23rd.

Source: http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/musica/rock-in-rio-tera-the-who-guns-roses-na-mesma-noite-21026497?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=O%20Globo
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:58:33 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »

Video teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHe5oUZ2u2s

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 07:31:34 PM »

That seems an odd two bands to put together to me! Is the setup that they will be on separate stages or one play first, then the other? I can't see either of those bands being 'support' really!

Is doubly weird given Roger Daltry's less than complimentary comments on Axl last year !

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 07:38:23 PM »

Best thing about this is that we might have The Seeker out of the set for the first time in a long time!  hihi

Same stage, The Who playing before GNR but the two bands will play their full set. They are co-headliners!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »

Best thing about this is that we might have The Seeker out of the set for the first time in a long time!  hihi

Same stage, The Who playing before GNR but the two bands will play their full set. They are co-headliners!

According to the Rock In Rio wikipedia page there will be three stages each night, which makes a heck of a lot more sense. The Who will be headlining one, GNR another - similar to the setup they had with Slipknot headlining one stage and Steve Vai another at the last one.

My guess would be GNr headlining the Palco Mundo stage (the bigger one) with The Who on the Palco Sunset one- which is smaller. Could be the other way round but I doubt it.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »

According to the Rock In Rio wikipedia page there will be three stages each night, which makes a heck of a lot more sense. The Who will be headlining one, GNR another - similar to the setup they had with Slipknot headlining one stage and Steve Vai another at the last one.

My guess would be GNr headlining the Palco Mundo stage (the bigger one) with The Who on the Palco Sunset one- which is smaller. Could be the other way round but I doubt it.

No dude...both on Main Stage. Secondary stage shows end right before the main stage shows starts...and bands of this importance dont play secondary stage. The third stage you are referring to is probably the rock street, but only local bands and very small acts play there.

EDIT: Sunset stage main act on Sept 23rd will be Ceelo Green. Check it here: http://rockinrio.com/rio/pt-BR/line-up?filter=date_2017-09-23
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:48:53 PM by Bazfreak » Logged

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 07:46:45 PM »

....also interesting to note that this comes a way after the last scheduled tour date on September 8th. I sort of thought that last gig would be the last one of the entire tour for some reason, but obviously not!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »

No dude...both on Main Stage. Secondary stage shows end right before the main stage shows starts...and bands of this importance dont play secondary stage. The third stage you are referring to is probably the rock street, but only local bands and very small acts play there.

I'm going off the Wikipedia page here- have a look at Rock In Rio 6. They're had three stages since RIR 4 apparently-  there are listings for all the events, with all the stages mapped out.  Definitely three stages each day, with some pretty big acts headlining the second one (Korn, John Legend, Deftones etc) last year. Whether the second stage wraps up before the headliner plays the main stage though I don't know, but I'd wager The Who will headline that second one personally. Check it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_in_Rio

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »

....also interesting to note that this comes a way after the last scheduled tour date on September 8th. I sort of thought that last gig would be the last one of the entire tour for some reason, but obviously not!

Some rumours are surfacing related to additional dates in South America right after Rock in Rio.

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 07:52:43 PM »

I'm going off the Wikipedia page here- have a look at Rock In Rio 6. They're had three stages since RIR 4 apparently-  there are listings for all the events, with all the stages mapped out.  Definitely three stages each day, with some pretty big acts headlining the second one (Korn, John Legend, Deftones etc) last year. Whether the second stage wraps up before the headliner plays the main stage though I don't know, but I'd wager The Who will headline that second one personally. Check it out.

See my edit on post above...conformation on official site, both on Main Stage and Ceelo Green on Sunset stage!

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »

They will play more dates in South America im pretty sure  beer
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 07:55:34 PM »

See my edit on post above...conformation on official site, both on Main Stage and Ceelo Green on Sunset stage!

Yeah- just seen this. Looks clear they ARE both on the main stage. Personally I reckon that's a really odd couple of bands to put together!

http://rockinrio.com/rio/pt-BR/line-up?filter=date_2017-09-23

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »

Alter Bridge playing under Bon Jovi the night before. Surely they would have been a better fit for the GNR day? Strange.

Still.....pro shoot video hopefully! RIR recordings are always great!

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 07:59:23 PM »

Myles Kennedy will play with Alter Bridge one day before GNR....hoping that Slash makes a special guest appearence!!

Festival is killer so far.... Aerosmith, Billy Idol, Bon Jovi, Alter Bridge, GNR, The Who, Red Hot...and more to come!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 08:06:12 PM »

They will play more dates in South America im pretty sure  beer

Would there be demand for more dates there? Would be less than a year since the last ones, and at the high prices presumably they'd have to be looking at much smaller venues?

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:39 PM »

This edition of Rock in Rio is shaping up to be a great one!! I'm really, REALLY, pumped to be able to see The Who for the first time. I'm a huge fan, as my nickname states.  rofl

I'll be attending 3 nights: Justin Timberlake (judge me all you want, he's AWESOME), Aerosmith and GNR + The Who.  drool

PS: The Seeker times two for the win!!!  peace peace peace

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 11:12:20 PM »

love The Who big time......somebody will get their money's worth. peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Thiago
Headliner

To all you idiots out there, in cocaine land!

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 12:00:06 AM »

it will be my 6 Gnr show, my 3 Gnr/Rir experience , first The Who show..

who gives a shit who will open/close the night? Definitely not me, just kidding folks peace

BUT, pretty sure it will be broadcasting Grin

..and oh yeah, with all the respect The who fans, Gnr will close the night, in my opinion

Vejo vcs l? cambada ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 05:10:04 AM »

Would there be demand for more dates there?

Definitely.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »

Funny that Tommy Stinson is in that teaser!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: