Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses will play at Rock in Rio 2017 (Sep 23rd)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses will play at Rock in Rio 2017 (Sep 23rd)  (Read 13098 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: March 07, 2017, 06:51:57 PM »

The band will play in the same night with The Who. Not sure who will be first, tho. The article is more focused on The Who.

But that will mean a proshot, I guess. Hopefully.

This thing is gonna take place in Rio de Janeiro in September 23rd.

Source: http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/musica/rock-in-rio-tera-the-who-guns-roses-na-mesma-noite-21026497?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=O%20Globo
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:58:33 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »

Video teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHe5oUZ2u2s

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 07:31:34 PM »

That seems an odd two bands to put together to me! Is the setup that they will be on separate stages or one play first, then the other? I can't see either of those bands being 'support' really!

Is doubly weird given Roger Daltry's less than complimentary comments on Axl last year !

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 07:38:23 PM »

Best thing about this is that we might have The Seeker out of the set for the first time in a long time!  hihi

Same stage, The Who playing before GNR but the two bands will play their full set. They are co-headliners!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »

Best thing about this is that we might have The Seeker out of the set for the first time in a long time!  hihi

Same stage, The Who playing before GNR but the two bands will play their full set. They are co-headliners!

According to the Rock In Rio wikipedia page there will be three stages each night, which makes a heck of a lot more sense. The Who will be headlining one, GNR another - similar to the setup they had with Slipknot headlining one stage and Steve Vai another at the last one.

My guess would be GNr headlining the Palco Mundo stage (the bigger one) with The Who on the Palco Sunset one- which is smaller. Could be the other way round but I doubt it.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »

According to the Rock In Rio wikipedia page there will be three stages each night, which makes a heck of a lot more sense. The Who will be headlining one, GNR another - similar to the setup they had with Slipknot headlining one stage and Steve Vai another at the last one.

My guess would be GNr headlining the Palco Mundo stage (the bigger one) with The Who on the Palco Sunset one- which is smaller. Could be the other way round but I doubt it.

No dude...both on Main Stage. Secondary stage shows end right before the main stage shows starts...and bands of this importance dont play secondary stage. The third stage you are referring to is probably the rock street, but only local bands and very small acts play there.

EDIT: Sunset stage main act on Sept 23rd will be Ceelo Green. Check it here: http://rockinrio.com/rio/pt-BR/line-up?filter=date_2017-09-23
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:48:53 PM by Bazfreak » Logged

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 07:46:45 PM »

....also interesting to note that this comes a way after the last scheduled tour date on September 8th. I sort of thought that last gig would be the last one of the entire tour for some reason, but obviously not!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »

No dude...both on Main Stage. Secondary stage shows end right before the main stage shows starts...and bands of this importance dont play secondary stage. The third stage you are referring to is probably the rock street, but only local bands and very small acts play there.

I'm going off the Wikipedia page here- have a look at Rock In Rio 6. They're had three stages since RIR 4 apparently-  there are listings for all the events, with all the stages mapped out.  Definitely three stages each day, with some pretty big acts headlining the second one (Korn, John Legend, Deftones etc) last year. Whether the second stage wraps up before the headliner plays the main stage though I don't know, but I'd wager The Who will headline that second one personally. Check it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_in_Rio

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »

....also interesting to note that this comes a way after the last scheduled tour date on September 8th. I sort of thought that last gig would be the last one of the entire tour for some reason, but obviously not!

Some rumours are surfacing related to additional dates in South America right after Rock in Rio.

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 07:52:43 PM »

I'm going off the Wikipedia page here- have a look at Rock In Rio 6. They're had three stages since RIR 4 apparently-  there are listings for all the events, with all the stages mapped out.  Definitely three stages each day, with some pretty big acts headlining the second one (Korn, John Legend, Deftones etc) last year. Whether the second stage wraps up before the headliner plays the main stage though I don't know, but I'd wager The Who will headline that second one personally. Check it out.

See my edit on post above...conformation on official site, both on Main Stage and Ceelo Green on Sunset stage!

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »

They will play more dates in South America im pretty sure  beer
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 07:55:34 PM »

See my edit on post above...conformation on official site, both on Main Stage and Ceelo Green on Sunset stage!

Yeah- just seen this. Looks clear they ARE both on the main stage. Personally I reckon that's a really odd couple of bands to put together!

http://rockinrio.com/rio/pt-BR/line-up?filter=date_2017-09-23

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »

Alter Bridge playing under Bon Jovi the night before. Surely they would have been a better fit for the GNR day? Strange.

Still.....pro shoot video hopefully! RIR recordings are always great!

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 07:59:23 PM »

Myles Kennedy will play with Alter Bridge one day before GNR....hoping that Slash makes a special guest appearence!!

Festival is killer so far.... Aerosmith, Billy Idol, Bon Jovi, Alter Bridge, GNR, The Who, Red Hot...and more to come!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 08:06:12 PM »

They will play more dates in South America im pretty sure  beer

Would there be demand for more dates there? Would be less than a year since the last ones, and at the high prices presumably they'd have to be looking at much smaller venues?

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:39 PM »

This edition of Rock in Rio is shaping up to be a great one!! I'm really, REALLY, pumped to be able to see The Who for the first time. I'm a huge fan, as my nickname states.  rofl

I'll be attending 3 nights: Justin Timberlake (judge me all you want, he's AWESOME), Aerosmith and GNR + The Who.  drool

PS: The Seeker times two for the win!!!  peace peace peace

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 11:12:20 PM »

love The Who big time......somebody will get their money's worth. peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Thiago
Headliner

To all you idiots out there, in cocaine land!

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 12:00:06 AM »

it will be my 6 Gnr show, my 3 Gnr/Rir experience , first The Who show..

who gives a shit who will open/close the night? Definitely not me, just kidding folks peace

BUT, pretty sure it will be broadcasting Grin

..and oh yeah, with all the respect The who fans, Gnr will close the night, in my opinion

Vejo vcs l? cambada ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 05:10:04 AM »

Would there be demand for more dates there?

Definitely.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »

Funny that Tommy Stinson is in that teaser!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 09:25:37 AM »

Saw some people on Twitter suggesting that GNR would be closing the night. Sounds realistic to me:

The article I posted is all about The Who, but this video (thanks Jarmo) kinda gives it up: at this point, GNR would be a much bigger act. Yes, the former is a classic band, but they just don't bring as much people to see them.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »

RIR recordings are always great!

Well not always... even if it's raining?
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »

Would there be demand for more dates there?

Definitely.

/jarmo

Yeah...I'm pretty sure they can adaed dates in Chile,Argentina,Urugvay,Paragvay, Colombia and some other countries...I think GNR menagment did a real job,and there are lot of space and demand for another stadium tour in South Americ
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »

As far as sound: it was NEVER good. The soundboard mix was terrible at the 2001 version and laughable in the 2006 (most of the times there was no guitars).

But here's hope for a 4K broadcast. The 2015 edition was broadcasted in 4K and with dolby atmos sound, but that was still a trial. Hopefully we'll get another one - I've been a beta tester for them before at the Olympics, maybe I'll be able to at least get it again. Not sure how to record that, tho.

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »

Anyone notice they randomly used a clip of DJ Ashba in the promo?!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHe5oUZ2u2s
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 05:24:28 AM »

Anyone notice they randomly used a clip of DJ Ashba in the promo?!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHe5oUZ2u2s

Yeah, but it's a wide shot and used only for a couple of seconds. The person is nearly indistinguishable. There's bumblefoot in the video too, but if you don't stop it and analyze, you will not notice. I think it's alright to use a footage like that. It's there for the effect and it does it well.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »

Well..RIR II is ok not great, and RIR III (while it's my favourite of them all) sounds very messy, and has weird echoes and Axl's mic is way too low.
(there's three songs available from Japan broadcast, and they are way better sounding, vox and drums sound very different there).

Then there was the 2006 Rock in Rio Lisboa, and sound of the broadcast was way off again, and 2011 there was problems too like you said, and like many us will remember..

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 04:20:02 AM »

http://rockinrio.com/rio/en/line-up?filter=date_2017-09-23

Guns Headlines, The Who support
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 08:35:57 AM »

Makes sense. The Who are a pretty poor live act these days I think. Guns would blow them off stage if it was the other way round.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 08:56:19 AM »

Scrolling through the other days, the supporting bands are written with a smaller font. The Who and GNR have the same size headlining-font.

Seems to be more of a co-headlining deal, which probably means that GNR will go on last, but The Who will still have a full headlining time-slot (2hrs maybe).

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 09:13:40 AM »

That's my understanding as well.

Co-headlining.

I guess The Who are too big to be just an opening act.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 09:24:06 AM »

Co-headlining.

/jarmo

From a promoters point of view it's a weird one, as The Who are basically wasted money. GNR could sell the show on their own, so having The Who co-headlining too seems, financially, a strange choice. If I was promoting it I simply wouldn't have bothered booking The Who.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »

Co-headlining.

/jarmo

From a promoters point of view it's a weird one, as The Who are basically wasted money. GNR could sell the show on their own, so having The Who co-headlining too seems, financially, a strange choice. If I was promoting it I simply wouldn't have bothered booking The Who.

I don't know how active The Who are planning to be in years to come. The promoters at RIR might have seen this as an opportunity to have The Who as part of their festival. An opportunity that might not come again.

A festival's resum? and reputation are just as important factors as money. It's what'll help a festival keep alive in the future.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »

Co-headlining.

/jarmo

I don't know how active The Who are planning to be in years to come. The promoters at RIR might have seen this as an opportunity to have The Who as part of their festival. An opportunity that might not come again.

A festival's resum? and reputation are just as important factors as money. It's what'll help a festival keep alive in the future.

Yeah, that's another way of looking at it. It's strange all round though in my view, not just financially but in terms of putting the two bands together musically. Especially with Roger Daltry's comments about Axl recently. All just seems odd to me.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »

I'd say that The Who were probably 90% booked when the deal for GnR was started, and to his surprise both agreed, so opted to headline both.  It could have been a no from both or an either 1 from 2 deal too. Sometimes the runes line up that way.  The Who aren't my kinda of deal but I did see 'em at the Isle of Wight last year and they did put on a stella show, so its not entirely a bad combo for that evening.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 11:31:20 AM »

The last time Guns opened a show, it was for the Rolling Stones in 1989
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »

I'd say that The Who were probably 90% booked when the deal for GnR was started, and to his surprise both agreed, so opted to headline both.  It could have been a no from both or an either 1 from 2 deal too. Sometimes the runes line up that way.  The Who aren't my kinda of deal but I did see 'em at the Isle of Wight last year and they did put on a stella show, so its not entirely a bad combo for that evening.

Yeah, that's a good theory actually. Did you enjoy them? I've only seen recent live footage on tv rather than n person (Glastonbury, a couple of others) and thought they were piss poor live these days! Just two old guys running through the motions with little passion. A bit sad to see.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »

The Who are doing a Vegas residency this summer ... for whatever that is worth.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 05:07:22 PM »

I saw The Who at Desert Trip and they fucking rocked!!  ok
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2017, 01:47:09 PM »

GNR could do something unique on RIR. From the band?s history (and Axl?s) to the festival, it?s not just a show for them and their audience.

An amazing show as we are used to see on their tour? NICE!
An amazing surprise to the whole world to see and be unique in RIR history? MIND BLOWING!

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 07:08:36 PM »

GNR could do something unique on RIR. From the band?s history (and Axl?s) to the festival, it?s not just a show for them and their audience.

An amazing surprise to the whole world to see and be unique in RIR history? MIND BLOWING!

Yes.   This would be a great opportunity not to do the same old same old
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »

The only thing 'worthy' of the mind blowing tag would be a new track being played (never before heard, not just never played by Slash like IRS or SOD).

Izzy would be cool... other than that any other guest would be 'old hat'.

With that said, even if nothing changes the shows have all been amazing so if it just stays the course the RIR crowd will be in for a great show. PLUS we should get the Pro Shot we've all been waiting for... Interesting question... would it make sense for GnR to release a concert video that they can 'control' vs. having the RIR feed be the first widely distributed pro shot of the reformed lineup?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »

The only thing 'worthy' of the mind blowing tag would be a new track being played (never before heard, not just never played by Slash like IRS or SOD).

Izzy would be cool... other than that any other guest would be 'old hat'.

With that said, even if nothing changes the shows have all been amazing so if it just stays the course the RIR crowd will be in for a great show. PLUS we should get the Pro Shot we've all been waiting for... Interesting question... would it make sense for GnR to release a concert video that they can 'control' vs. having the RIR feed be the first widely distributed pro shot of the reformed lineup?

Would definitely make sense- but then we're talking GNR world here!

I wonder what the contract is with RIR though? They wouldn't let Coachella show much remember. Unless the pro-shoot is a part of the contract, we may be looking at the same situation.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2017, 07:44:46 PM »

True, but we some great audio boots from Coachella.  Both weekends sounded great.

I expect the same at Rock In Rio.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 08:24:53 AM »

True, but we some great audio boots from Coachella.  Both weekends sounded great.

I expect the same at Rock In Rio.

They have gotten a lot more lax with things as the tour has gone on... for example at the Troubadour they had those Electronic bags for phones, then they limited the feed for Coachella, a lot of that was obviously to sort of 'protect' the newness and intrigue of the reformed lineup heading into the tour. They have now been on the road for over a year... I tend to think (especially for this festival and all of it's history with this band) that we will see a much more lax stance by the band regarding the stream and TV coverage of the show. Which brings up a much different point, there is TV coverage of this gig, where Coachella was only a stream, there is airtime and sponsors that need to be considered if you are going to black out a main stage headliner.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:20:45 AM by C0ma » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 05:46:28 AM »

The ticket sales for Rock in Rio 2017 starts tomorrow (April 6th)!
English: http://rockinrio.com/rio/en/tickets 
Portuguese: http://rockinrio.com/rio/pt-BR/ingressos
Spanish: http://rockinrio.com/rio/es/entradas

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »

Tickets are now on sale. Good luck!

/jarmo

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »

It's sold out!

Thiago
Headliner

To all you idiots out there, in cocaine land!

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

Sold out in 1 and half hour!! e EU VOU!! My 6 gnr show!!! ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2017, 07:34:16 AM »

That's cool! Cheesy

Looks like the Maroon 5, Red Hot Chili Peppers and GN'R days are sold out.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: