Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:45:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227799 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses will play at Rock in Rio 2017 (Sep 23rd)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses will play at Rock in Rio 2017 (Sep 23rd)  (Read 13146 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 07:08:36 PM »

GNR could do something unique on RIR. From the band?s history (and Axl?s) to the festival, it?s not just a show for them and their audience.

An amazing show as we are used to see on their tour? NICE!
An amazing surprise to the whole world to see and be unique in RIR history? MIND BLOWING!

Yes.   This would be a great opportunity not to do the same old same old
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »

GNR could do something unique on RIR. From the band?s history (and Axl?s) to the festival, it?s not just a show for them and their audience.

An amazing surprise to the whole world to see and be unique in RIR history? MIND BLOWING!

The only thing 'worthy' of the mind blowing tag would be a new track being played (never before heard, not just never played by Slash like IRS or SOD).

Izzy would be cool... other than that any other guest would be 'old hat'.

With that said, even if nothing changes the shows have all been amazing so if it just stays the course the RIR crowd will be in for a great show. PLUS we should get the Pro Shot we've all been waiting for... Interesting question... would it make sense for GnR to release a concert video that they can 'control' vs. having the RIR feed be the first widely distributed pro shot of the reformed lineup?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »

The only thing 'worthy' of the mind blowing tag would be a new track being played (never before heard, not just never played by Slash like IRS or SOD).

Izzy would be cool... other than that any other guest would be 'old hat'.

With that said, even if nothing changes the shows have all been amazing so if it just stays the course the RIR crowd will be in for a great show. PLUS we should get the Pro Shot we've all been waiting for... Interesting question... would it make sense for GnR to release a concert video that they can 'control' vs. having the RIR feed be the first widely distributed pro shot of the reformed lineup?

Would definitely make sense- but then we're talking GNR world here!

I wonder what the contract is with RIR though? They wouldn't let Coachella show much remember. Unless the pro-shoot is a part of the contract, we may be looking at the same situation.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2017, 07:44:46 PM »

True, but we some great audio boots from Coachella.  Both weekends sounded great.

I expect the same at Rock In Rio.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 08:24:53 AM »

True, but we some great audio boots from Coachella.  Both weekends sounded great.

I expect the same at Rock In Rio.

They have gotten a lot more lax with things as the tour has gone on... for example at the Troubadour they had those Electronic bags for phones, then they limited the feed for Coachella, a lot of that was obviously to sort of 'protect' the newness and intrigue of the reformed lineup heading into the tour. They have now been on the road for over a year... I tend to think (especially for this festival and all of it's history with this band) that we will see a much more lax stance by the band regarding the stream and TV coverage of the show. Which brings up a much different point, there is TV coverage of this gig, where Coachella was only a stream, there is airtime and sponsors that need to be considered if you are going to black out a main stage headliner.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:20:45 AM by C0ma » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 05:46:28 AM »

The ticket sales for Rock in Rio 2017 starts tomorrow (April 6th)!
English: http://rockinrio.com/rio/en/tickets 
Portuguese: http://rockinrio.com/rio/pt-BR/ingressos
Spanish: http://rockinrio.com/rio/es/entradas

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »

Tickets are now on sale. Good luck!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »

It's sold out!

Thiago
Headliner

To all you idiots out there, in cocaine land!

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

Sold out in 1 and half hour!! e EU VOU!! My 6 gnr show!!! ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2017, 07:34:16 AM »

That's cool! Cheesy

Looks like the Maroon 5, Red Hot Chili Peppers and GN'R days are sold out.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: