Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:45:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Almost one year ago....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Almost one year ago....  (Read 6602 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: March 28, 2017, 06:42:49 PM »

This time last year.

Rumors were starting to rumble of a surprise show. We were scanning the websites and social media of all the legendary Sunset clubs.

The night before April 1... a pretty wild one on the boards. The excitement and activity overdid the announcement in the New Year. What do you remember? Were you in LA at the time, eventually at the show maybe?

Please share!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:07:07 PM »

Very fun time ! It was so surreal with all of the positive energy in the forums

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »

Great memories of this time last year. The excitement on the boards was insane. Caught them twice on the U.S. leg of the summer tour. Greatest 2 shows ever

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:56:40 AM »

I felt I was missing out- sat on the other side of the world in front of a computer!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 09:10:40 AM »

There is no other band in the history of my life that would compel me to stay up literally all night, all to watch a periscope of a guy that was merely across the street from the venue.

Was a wild night.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 09:24:39 AM »

Watching Coy Clarke and Leah Cevoli, via periscope, hunt down information was like a huge, amazing, compelling "Where in the World is Carmen Santiago".

Seeing them get their tickets was like....IDK....life affirming somehow? I've never been so happy to see 2 people get wristbands for a show I wasn't going to in my life.

And, ditto DX: Staying up all night, reading tweets and watching periscopes OUTSIDE the show (and a couple brief live vid feeds from inside)....goosebumps.

The fandom has really helped make this genesis awesome.  All the periscoping and live tweeting and live posting....IDK any other band, on the planet, that had this many fan broadcasts.  It has been an amazing ride so far.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 04:03:39 PM »

I woke up around 430 am eastern and immediately checked my phone ...

At the time there was one 10 second clip of Axl and Slash during Brownstone ... I must have watched it 100 times ...

Surreal is the only word to describe it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 07:02:21 PM »

This time last year.

You and I were still feuding because I refused to believe any of this shit could happen.

I'm not sure I believe it now!   Shocked
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »

This time last year.

You and I were still feuding because I refused to believe any of this shit could happen.

Hah! I vaguely remember something like that now that you mention it.  hihi

It sure was some crazy hours/days!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 07:27:27 PM »

I'm a bit afraid that future generations of fans will not understand the feelings we had during that night.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 08:48:04 PM »

This time last year.

You were the last hold out here lol

Even when it was inevitable you didn't want to give in ...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 01:40:36 PM »

I'm a bit afraid that future generations of fans will not understand the feelings we had during that night.

I was just so giddy those few weeks in April with the surprise gig and then the Vegas shows.

And just to touch on what JAEBALL mentioned, I was the same way.  There was that clip shot from almost the side of stage that was just a snippet of 'Brownstone'.  And I watched that shit on a loop.  Still amazed I was seeing Axl and Slash together again.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 08:29:49 PM »

I was just so giddy those few weeks in April with the surprise gig and then the Vegas shows.

And just to touch on what JAEBALL mentioned, I was the same way.  There was that clip shot from almost the side of stage that was just a snippet of 'Brownstone'.  And I watched that shit on a loop.  Still amazed I was seeing Axl and Slash together again.

I was amazed that even though Axl broke his leg.  The tour continued     He sat in a chair and sang for 3 hrs   It was at that time I realized  this tour was going to be for real and he was commmited to the cash cow

I also loved hearing twat bein played live in Mexico    Miss that song in the set.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 05:49:34 AM »

cash cow

the set.

Can't miss an opportunity to repeat the same old can you eh?

You're boring. Just go away until you got a new shtick.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 05:56:41 AM »

This time last year ..... pinned to the net!
And getting very tense about my flights to Vegas not being delayed or anything...
Luckily for me, the pilot was going to the first show as well - so nothing was stopping that plane!  hihi
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »

It's been a hell of a year folks.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »

Nothing compares to the whirlwind of that time.

A casual GN'R friend of mine had been berating me for backing out of buying Coachella tix. But it was just way too much money etc. etc. I told him they always did warmup gigs in the past and that my money was on one in L.A. Needless to say, I called that shit. I live in Orange County and when it was announced, I frantically called my wife who was working about 10 miles from the Troubadour to see if she could race down and buy tix. Waiting on pins and needles, she reported that traffic was crazy, cops and people all over the place. When she finally got there and parked it was too late. Way too late-the line was insane.

When the Vegas tickets came on sale, I assured my buddy that my super-awesome Nighttrain membership would get us in to pre-sale no problem. Fail. However, as luck would have it, he had a Chase card (or some such card) which was the way into pre-sale for night #2. Long story short, me and the wife, and he and his girlfriend drove out and had the most epic time of our lives. Being able to walk from our hotel, drinks in hand, bar hopping along the way, was so frickin' rad. We didn't buy beer inside, didn't use the restrooms. 3 hours plus, and I saw every second of it. Couldn't turn away.

It was so much fun that the wife suggested we see them when they announced the San Diego shows. Second greatest show of my life.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 06:25:07 PM by Poops Magee » Logged

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »

For me, the most surreal moment was being at MetLife Stadium and watching my childhood idols back! It was amazing to hear everyone in the stadium singing Sweet Child.

I still can't believe it started a year ago today. 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 02:25:30 PM »

That day totally re-ignited my passion for GNR. The excitement that day, I don't know if I can compare it to anything, following it from work and later when I got home. Just had the goofiest smile on all day. I had no idea what "periscope" was before that day   rofl

Metlife stadium that summer was probably the best night of my life, june 27th and 29th can't come quick enough.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: