Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:27:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lisboa June 2nd 🇵🇹🤘
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisboa June 2nd 🇵🇹🤘  (Read 33113 times)
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2017, 07:38:42 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSHPe4G_Xkk&feature=youtu.be

Second upload! This time is Double Talkin' Jive Smiley

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Journeyman
VIP

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2017, 08:05:11 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmlq7uI9Yjk&feature=youtu.be

Now it's Coma! Smiley

27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Journeyman
VIP

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2017, 08:25:25 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQSDBLrdO9s

Last upload, Nightrain

Cheers!

27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2017, 08:50:41 AM »

Maybe so different audiences can experience the tribute to Chris Cornell?
Well, you can have been done once in memory and not over and over again to play not have their songs that fans expect to play?

I don't think they left out any songs in the normal setlist to make room for BHS. It was an addition.

It's an other easy cover

And even with the one night tribute.

I do not need to read people saying it's great to hear or they need to now play this to every city in the world as a tribute

Really. Multiple cities?

These are the same people that would say. Just wait.  Once this band travels the world and plays mulplte legs of this act we will for sure see something new.  Right

On a scale from 1 to 10, how much does the one-song-addition to the set bother you, and why?

10/10

For a cover song

I feel cheated as a fan as it is a easy out for a band to play a cover song and not an original song

To me, you seem a little too invested in the setlist of this tour.

You feel cheated? Aren't you sitting at home, reading about the shows in Europe?

I understand that a set that a band decides on can't please 100% of the audience, but I think you are in that .1% group that are livid. Funnily enough, most of this group is found on the fan forums. Out in the real world I think I've exclusively heard positive feedback about this tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2017, 12:46:23 PM »

Well, you can have been done once in memory and not over and over again to play not have their songs that fans expect to play?

I don't think they left out any songs in the normal setlist to make room for BHS. It was an addition.

It's an other easy cover

I do not need to read people saying it's great to hear or they need to now play this to every city in the world as a tribute

Really. Multiple cities?

These are the same people that would say. Just wait.  Once this band travels the world and plays mulplte legs of this act we will for sure see something new.  Right

On a scale from 1 to 10, how much does the one-song-addition to the set bother you, and why?

10/10

For a cover song

I feel cheated as a fan as it is a easy out for a band to play a cover song and not an original song

You feel cheated? Aren't you sitting at home, reading about the shows in Europe?

I understand that a set that a band decides on can't please 100% of the audience, but I think you are in that .1% group that are livid. Funnily enough, most of this group is found on the fan forums. Out in the real world I think I've exclusively heard positive feedback about this tour.

I would really lile a poll to see how many people actually stay to the end of the show
How many people actually like all these covers
How many people actually like all these cd songs
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »

It's an other easy cover

Really. Multiple cities?

10/10

For a cover song

I would really lile a poll to see how many people actually stay to the end of the show

The CD songs... That is probably a bit different, more divided but I think more people have accepted these songs with Slash playing them.

Songs like LALD and KOHD... those are among the casual fans' favorites. Both of those were singles, both of those are on the GH album. KOHD is the 4th most downloaded GN'R song on iTunes, LALD is 11th.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSHPe4G_Xkk&feature=youtu.be

Second upload! This time is Double Talkin' Jive Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQSDBLrdO9s

Last upload, Nightrain

Cheers!
THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING!!!  beer
By-the-by:  You did an excellent job filming!!!  QUALITY STUFF!!! headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Journeyman
VIP

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »

Thanks  Grin

27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2017, 03:58:38 PM »

It's an other easy cover

Really. Multiple cities?

10/10

For a cover song

The CD songs... That is probably a bit different, more divided but I think more people have accepted these songs with Slash playing them.

Songs like LALD and KOHD... those are among the casual fans' favorites. Both of those were singles, both of those are on the GH album. KOHD is the 4th most downloaded GN'R song on iTunes, LALD is 11th.

That's is for your opinion

But I disagree totally

Nobody but hard core fans likes the cd songs.   And most t hard core fans only like a couple.  And they don't even play those ones regularly

Sure after 30 years of playing the cover songs lald and kohd they have become hits.    They will are cover songs not original music from this band  but cool.  If you want the band to keep playing these covers because they have played them for ever and made them hits. Cool

Bhs
The seeker
All the cover jams the band does
Hen what other cover from the si

They play is way to much.

Stick to 2 covers per show per max. 

Any more than that you become a cover band
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »

Sure after 30 years of playing the cover songs lald and kohd they have become hits.    They will are cover songs not original music from this band  but cool.  If you want the band to keep playing these covers because they have played them for ever and made them hits. Cool

Bhs
The seeker

I have never stated my own opinion on the songs. I have not said these are my favorite songs. I'm just stepping back and evaluating what the general audience thinks.

I just think you are making a bigger deal out of this than what it in reality is.

Become a cover band? GN'R aren't playing more covers now than before..

- Dead Flowers
- Dust in the Wind
- It's Alright
- Attitude
- Knockin' On Heaven's Door
- Live And Let Die
- Mother
- The Godfather
- Imagine
- Pinball Wizard
- Since I Don't Have You
- Wild Horses
- Sail Away Sweet Sister
- Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
- The One
- Only Women Bleed
- I Was Only Joking
- Whole Lotta Rosie
- Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Mama Kin
- Nice Boys
- Heartbreak Hotel

These are some songs and instrumentals played during the heyday. It will probably not change in the future. But these are not dominating the sets!

Sweetness is a virtue
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2017, 05:04:14 PM »

Wow, Slash killed it on the TIL solo! By far the best yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPfIqbaYR_o

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2017, 05:48:45 PM »

Bhs
The seeker

I have never stated my own opinion on the songs. I have not said these are my favorite songs. I'm just stepping back and evaluating what the general audience thinks.

I just think you are making a bigger deal out of this than what it in reality is.

- Dead Flowers
- Dust in the Wind
- It's Alright
- Attitude
- Live And Let Die
- Mother
- The Godfather
- Imagine
- Pinball Wizard
- Since I Don't Have You
- Wild Horses
- Sail Away Sweet Sister
- The One
- Only Women Bleed
- I Was Only Joking
- Whole Lotta Rosie
- Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Mama Kin
- Nice Boys
- Heartbreak Hotel

These are some songs and instrumentals played during the heyday. It will probably not change in the future. But these are not dominating the sets!

Sailing by Rod Stewart
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2017, 08:43:18 PM »

Bhs
The seeker

- Dead Flowers
- Dust in the Wind
- It's Alright
- Attitude
- Live And Let Die
- Mother
- The Godfather
- Imagine
- Pinball Wizard
- Since I Don't Have You
- Wild Horses
- Sail Away Sweet Sister
- The One
- Only Women Bleed
- I Was Only Joking
- Whole Lotta Rosie
- Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Mama Kin
- Nice Boys
- Heartbreak Hotel

So are you saying guns n roses has always been a cover band?

Thanks for reinforcing my point

Cover songs are great for a band just starting out like guns was in the 80s.  Brings a new audience to your original material

But if you remain the same cover band 30 years later is just lazy and lame
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2017, 08:53:48 PM »

Cover songs are great for a band just starting out like guns was in the 80s.  Brings a new audience to your original material

No I'm not.

I'm saying there's no difference to their sets these days compared to back in the day regarding the amount of covers.

Having a few covers in a set of 25 songs doesn't warrant being called a cover band.

EDIT: If anything, they're less of a "cover band" today compared to earlier as their setlists are generally longer. The percentage of covers goes down.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 08:58:27 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »

No I'm not.

I'm saying there's no difference to their sets these days compared to back in the day regarding the amount of covers.

Having a few covers in a set of 25 songs doesn't warrant being called a cover band.

EDIT: If anything, they're less of a "cover band" today compared to earlier as their setlists are generally longer. The percentage of covers goes down.

So again my original point

You were proud to say how many song guns plays per night compaired to other major bands. 

I pointed out that guns.  Plays beyond and above the most cover songs amongst any huge band

I proved my point

Great guns plays a lot of songs

70 percent of them are only original.

I will take a band that play 90 percent original music any day

This isn't 1986 when guns just started touring and needed some material to fill a set so they played covers

This is 30 years later and the band should have enough material by now
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2017, 09:15:42 PM »

No I'm not.

You were proud to say how many song guns plays per night compaired to other major bands. 

I pointed out that guns.  Plays beyond and above the most cover songs amongst any huge band

I proved my point

This isn't 1986 when guns just started touring and needed some material to fill a set so they played covers

Most of the songs in the list are taken from the Use Your Illusion tour, not 1986.

MY point was that: take away the covers, the number of original songs in GN'R set is still as many or more than most other bands. You haven't proven anything.

I this whole cover thing bothers you so much, I don't know what to tell you. Personally I think you're being ridiculous, it would be different if the majority of the set was covers.

Find another band to follow and finally have peace of mind.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2017, 09:19:56 PM »

No I'm not.

I proved my point

Most of the songs in the list are taken from the Use Your Illusion tour, not 1986.

MY point was that: take away the covers, the number of original songs in GN'R set is still as many or more than most other bands. You haven't proven anything.

I this whole cover thing bothers you so much, I don't know what to tell you. Personally I think you're being ridiculous, it would be different if the majority of the set was covers.

Find another band to follow and finally have peace of mind.

The majority of this set is covers + cd songs

You seem not to count cover jams as actual songs

Sure seems they do here when counting the song track

Awesome.

I do not think this band could do anything less to make you a fan

They added another cover song to the set instead of adding an original song

The band hasn't released a new album in 10 years

All is good though as long as they are making millions of dollars I guess

I as a fan though have way higher standards though.  Guess you don't
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »

Their last concert had 15 non-cover, non-CD songs. The total # of songs in the set was 26 (covers, originals, solos, jams, what-fuckin-ever). PLEASE tell me HOW that is the MAJORITY of the set?Huh

Btw, now you're extending your complaint to include CD-songs.. Just to make your point more valid or what?

That's your opinion.

Many seem to think they are putting on a fine show these days. I choose to enjoy the moment, and still remain optimistic there will be new things in the future. Right now, Slash and Duff are back together with Axl and I think that's cool.

If this is your grief in life, I don't feel sorry for you.

Good on you.

I guess I will have the most fun though.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2017, 11:57:41 PM »

Their last concert had 15 non-cover, non-CD songs. The total # of songs in the set was 26 (covers, originals, solos, jams, what-fuckin-ever). PLEASE tell me HOW that is the MAJORITY of the set?Huh

Btw, now you're extending your complaint to include CD-songs.. Just to make your point more valid or what?

That's your opinion.

Many seem to think they are putting on a fine show these days. I choose to enjoy the moment, and still remain optimistic there will be new things in the future. Right now, Slash and Duff are back together with Axl and I think that's cool.

If this is your grief in life, I don't feel sorry for you.

Good on you.

I guess I will have the most fun though.

Yes enjoy the show most of us have seen over and over again and
Keep listening to the same songs we have all heard for the past 30 years
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2017, 02:55:26 AM »

hihi

ok
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: