Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:06:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] June 4th, 2017 Madrid, Spain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] June 4th, 2017 Madrid, Spain  (Read 16345 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »

June 4th, 2017 - Madrid, Spain @ Estadio Vicente Calderon
Setlist: It?s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin? Jive, Better, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude, This I Love, Civil War, Black Hole Sun, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Jam (Melissa)/Don't Cry, The Seeker, Patience, Paradise City

Great show and great crowd!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »

So BHS

Is now a staple?

Yes.

What do you think of Axl's performance tonight, generally through the whole show?

What was their best song performance as a band?

What song did the crowd react to the most?

I couldn't care less about about how the band or crowd sounded for a show I wasn't even close to going to

What I care most about is

This band is about to come back to north amrerica for the second time in as many years and is on leg 7 roughly of this tour and I have seen or heard nothing new

I have heard the excuse wait for the whole world to see this act theyvyou can start to complain   Really?

So in aug when they play in Denver and its the exact same show.   Glorious!

Come back in August with your complaints then.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2017, 10:38:29 PM »

Setlist: It?s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin? Jive, Better, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude, This I Love, Civil War, Black Hole Sun, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

/jarmo

Thanks for the setlist Jarmo!  ok
Awesome they played both DC and Patience on the same show, hope they keep it that way!
Cheers
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2017, 04:58:09 AM »

Awesome show. One of the best GN'R shows I've been to for sure.

People in the crowd around me were losing their minds, band sounded great and were super loud - and the setlist was awesome.

Yes Will, they played OTGM!

Thanks Adz, glad you enjoyed the show!

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2017, 05:31:49 AM »

Marion68
VIP

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2017, 08:51:31 AM »

/jarmo

Thanks for the setlist Jarmo!  ok
Awesome they played both DC and Patience on the same show, hope they keep it that way!
Cheers

Exactly my thoughts
cyalex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2017, 08:59:23 AM »

The best GNR Show in my life, band sounded really loud, I was like ten meters from the stage in front of the Nightrain horn and it was awsome, first show for me outside my country (Venezuela) and in both shows GNR have played there they did not play Don't Cry, for me was a special moment when a I hear the first notes of the song.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »

Fucking incredible show. Just got back...it's 2 am. The best I've seen GNR played, ever.

I've never seen Axl so happy and so intense. He was so in the zone, absolutely incredible. Slash was flawless all night long with exception of Jungle, seems to me the guitar got out of tune somewhere in the bridge. Other than that, he fucking nailed it. His solo part sounded a lot like "Johnny be good" and then lead into "The GodFather theme"

I was down in the pit, so it got pretty intense there. Not one single soul left the building until the last note of Paradise City was played. No one. Show ended at 0:10 am (started at 9:21 pm, I can't believe they were early).

Highlights were so many; Double talking, Estranged, Coma, Rocket Queen, LALD, YCBM...the biggest one though was probably seeing Axl, Slash and Duff sharing the stage again. I 'can't simply describe how that felt to me.

People fucking lost their minds with LALD, YCBM, Jungle....and the obvious PC. But i was really impressed how everyone around me stayed till the very last note and enjoyed every minute of the show.

Man...what a show. My back is killing me now. This is what happens when yo spend 3 hours at the pit singing and jumping like crazy at 41. Kids, don't try to do that! My back will probably complain tomorrow, but I do not really care tonight.

On a side note, Richard and Slash also played a little of The Allman Brother's "Melissa" right before Don't Cry in tribute to Greg Allmans' recent passing. I always liked that song, so kinda cool they improvised it. I was also surprise they played Don't Cry and Patience. I was not expecting it.

Thanks for the great review, really got me even more excited about next week!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: