Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:31:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London, UK, June 17th 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: London, UK, June 17th 2017  (Read 14274 times)
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 04:30:16 AM »

How do they personally stay in business then?  Seems someone must be buying these tickets

Madonna is coming to your city and the tickets go in 3mins. It is nearly a year before the date but you are panicking and go online and can luckily secure a ticket for your wife and her friend. Only $1300 each but who cares, what would I not do for her.

Thousands of people do the same and the touts are laughing. The profit has already been made.

Or if it was possible for the wife to wait until few days before the gig you could find tickets for $25 each because they were not sold for a ridiculous price. Or as it seems to be in some cases, the tickets are simply thrown away and nobody gets in.

Yeah but the guy and his wife would then make the show

What was described to me here was....

This third party ticket place....    purchases tickets quick

Then marks them up to such a premium that knobody buys them...

That the reason I was give these places look empty.  3rd party vendors buys these tickets  can't sell them then they go unfilled   Someone even said they give these tickets away for free

So I am asking

How do these third party ticket people stay in buisness?   Sure seems like a total loss

Or just an excuse

This is an off topic discussion. Seems like you just like to focus on a few empty seats in a pretty full stadium.

For the record, there can be many reasons for you seeing empty seats in photos. For example, the sections weren't on sale because they are in a spot with reduced visibility. Or you're seeing the emergency exit....

/jarmo

There a big section on the Mellissa side of the stage that is the sports media section that was blocked of too.
Lancia34
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2017, 05:58:42 AM »

It was packed. The floor was completely full which is why some of the lower tier seats were empty.
Did take a bit of time to fill up once they went on which I presume was because of the wristband issues.
The signal was dead for me, I couldn't even text a mate up the front until we got out if there.

Oh and it was the best GnR concert I've seen since 1992 and think I prefer his voice nowadays as it doesn't sound so broken and screwed. Think My Michelle was the only song that wasn't great apart from the CD songs which people just didn't get into.

Not my photo as I was on the floor

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCg63PqW0AAldYU?format=jpg&name=large

Couldn't find a way to just attach a photo.

Belfer
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2017, 06:21:41 AM »

Yesterday I was, but not I have been following since it sucked me a new book about Axl, that to death I forgot about the concert  Grin On Tuesday I will be in Gdansk, so I'll try to keep something to throw. Cool
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2017, 07:07:37 AM »

It was packed. The floor was completely full which is why some of the lower tier seats were empty.
Did take a bit of time to fill up once they went on which I presume was because of the wristband issues.
The signal was dead for me, I couldn't even text a mate up the front until we got out if there.

Oh and it was the best GnR concert I've seen since 1992 and think I prefer his voice nowadays as it doesn't sound so broken and screwed. Think My Michelle was the only song that wasn't great apart from the CD songs which people just didn't get into.

There you go... Fucking impressive, would love to some videos from this angle too.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 07:31:26 AM »

There you go... Fucking impressive, would love to some videos from this angle too.

Now that's impressive!!!
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2017, 07:40:41 AM »

Seems the 80,000 is legit according to this http://www.london-stadium.com/stadium/about And looking in the news part of that site there was a 22:30 curfew
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:43:16 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2017, 07:46:10 AM »

Amazing second show (and first too) - crowd were really good imo - so loud and bouncing around.  Deafened during live and let die last night!!  I think saturday the stadium filled up quicker or rather earlier, than friday - but both nights, from where i was and turning around every now and then - it was packed.  It is cool that the lower tier seats allow you to go on the pitch - so you will see some spaces here and there as people moved around. 

That pic ^ is so cool!!  You dont have much persepctive when in the pit - I love seeing the full crowd shots afterwards. 

Had an absolute BLAST - what a weekend! !!!
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2017, 08:32:30 AM »

Also very cool when Axl mentioned both nights when they played KOHD that they very first played that song in London.
Lancia34
Opening Act

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:54 AM »

I remember back in 1992 at Wembley and the back quarter of the pitch was quite empty and there was a large beer tent along the back but plenty of open space.
This week the pitch was pretty much packed from front to back.

JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 05:09:18 AM »

After 14 months of reading reviews and anticipation I'm glad I can finally write my own review of a NITL show  Cool

It was my first time attending a show in the UK and we planned a nice weekend with friends around the show. Arriving by plane from Amsterdam on friday it already seemed the GN'R fans took over London; every subway we passed at least a few walking GN'R shirts could be seen....very nice Smiley

We planned to see some London city downtown highlights in the early Saturday morning, unfortunately too early because the Popup store at the Jon Varvatos wasn't open yet. The rest of the day we enjoyed the Queen's birthday celebrations in the park before heading eastwards to Stratford station. We arrived at the stadium park about 5 o'clock and the crowd at the merchandise stand was massive. I really wanted a London specific event tee and got the skull-guard one. After some beers in the late afternoon sun we headed towards the field at 6 when the first opener already had begun.

After we got some more beers we got a nice spot halfway the field and enjoyed the atmosphere with some nice music of The Kills in the background (definitely going to check them out at Rock Werchter in 2 weeks). They finished their set about 7.15 so I was very suprised to see the intro music starting at 7.40....still a bit used to the times of 2006 Smiley

The magic of hearing the screaming opening voice of the announcer '...from Hollywood, Guns N' Roses!!!!!' gave me (and again writing this) goosebumps. After more than 25 years waiting for this moment it watered my eyes to see Axl, Slash & Duff on one stage.

Although I prefer the notes of WTTJ as opener of the show the rawness of It?s So Easy isn?t that bad either. I immediately noticed how tight the band sounded. Having heard an enormous amount of bootlegs from all era?s I was really impressed by Slash?s skills on these GN?R tunes.

The vibe in the stadium was awesome and everyone was really stoked to see the band and when Slash started the opening riff of WTTJ the stadium really exploded, so cool! Although I don?t mind a few suprises I was already pretty glad they played the usual songs and didn?t scrap Coma and Black Hole Sun.

Personal highlights were Estranged, Civil War, Yesterdays, Coma, Nightrain and Whole Lotta Rosie. Also cool they played New Rose instead of Attitude. I love the album Chinese Democracy  and it?s good to see Slash?s take on these songs, CD and Better sound great but I prefer the version of This I Love played by the previous line up (2010 was absolutely fabulous).

Some notes:
- Axl got a big applause when he dedicated KOHD to the victims of recent attacks and the fire.
- The beer-supply on the field wasn?t very well organised; just a few points at the back which were out of beer halfway the concert
- Bad toilet situation, had to walk outside the venue during the Godfather?s Theme?could just make the end of Coma Smiley
- Great venue and very nice park and atmosphere around the stadium
- Very long walk (a few miles extra) back to the station after the concert
- I love London city, great people and great city. I will come back for more concerts Smiley
- and concluding: Fuck the setlist haters and Youtube watchers  rant Wink

Can?t wait to see them in 3,5 weeks in Nijmegen, Holland!  peace

Graspop'06 | Nijmegen'06 | Antwerpen'10 | Arnhem'10 | Rotterdam'12 | Monchengladbach'12 | London'17 | Nijmegen'17 | Nijmegen'18 | Groningen '22 | Weert '23
georgie_beans
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2017, 10:03:02 AM »

This was a great show. The band were tight as hell and looked to be happy. Axl sounded good and Slash nailed everything. It was great to finally see Axl, Slash and Duff on the same stage together again, in person.

Everybody in the crowd seemed to be enjoying themselves and the atmosphere was good. The place was packed with the crowd on the floor stretching almost the entire length of the stadium, and there were GnR fans everywhere in London for the entire weekend.

Highlights: Coma, Rosie, Estranged, KOHD
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »

To those who attended: glad you had a great time, I am looking forward to having the experience of my life in 3 days in Hanover Wink

To those who keep complaining about the setlist, covers and other stuff: take JMB-GNR's comment Cheesy
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »

After 14 months of reading reviews and anticipation I'm glad I can finally write my own review of a NITL show  Cool

It was my first time attending a show in the UK and we planned a nice weekend with friends around the show. Arriving by plane from Amsterdam on friday it already seemed the GN'R fans took over London; every subway we passed at least a few walking GN'R shirts could be seen....very nice Smiley

We planned to see some London city downtown highlights in the early Saturday morning, unfortunately too early because the Popup store at the Jon Varvatos wasn't open yet. The rest of the day we enjoyed the Queen's birthday celebrations in the park before heading eastwards to Stratford station. We arrived at the stadium park about 5 o'clock and the crowd at the merchandise stand was massive. I really wanted a London specific event tee and got the skull-guard one. After some beers in the late afternoon sun we headed towards the field at 6 when the first opener already had begun.

After we got some more beers we got a nice spot halfway the field and enjoyed the atmosphere with some nice music of The Kills in the background (definitely going to check them out at Rock Werchter in 2 weeks). They finished their set about 7.15 so I was very suprised to see the intro music starting at 7.40....still a bit used to the times of 2006 Smiley

The magic of hearing the screaming opening voice of the announcer '...from Hollywood, Guns N' Roses!!!!!' gave me (and again writing this) goosebumps. After more than 25 years waiting for this moment it watered my eyes to see Axl, Slash & Duff on one stage.

Although I prefer the notes of WTTJ as opener of the show the rawness of It?s So Easy isn?t that bad either. I immediately noticed how tight the band sounded. Having heard an enormous amount of bootlegs from all era?s I was really impressed by Slash?s skills on these GN?R tunes.

The vibe in the stadium was awesome and everyone was really stoked to see the band and when Slash started the opening riff of WTTJ the stadium really exploded, so cool! Although I don?t mind a few suprises I was already pretty glad they played the usual songs and didn?t scrap Coma and Black Hole Sun.

Personal highlights were Estranged, Civil War, Yesterdays, Coma, Nightrain and Whole Lotta Rosie. Also cool they played New Rose instead of Attitude. I love the album Chinese Democracy  and it?s good to see Slash?s take on these songs, CD and Better sound great but I prefer the version of This I Love played by the previous line up (2010 was absolutely fabulous).

Some notes:
- Axl got a big applause when he dedicated KOHD to the victims of recent attacks and the fire.
- The beer-supply on the field wasn?t very well organised; just a few points at the back which were out of beer halfway the concert
- Bad toilet situation, had to walk outside the venue during the Godfather?s Theme?could just make the end of Coma Smiley
- Great venue and very nice park and atmosphere around the stadium
- Very long walk (a few miles extra) back to the station after the concert
- I love London city, great people and great city. I will come back for more concerts Smiley
- and concluding: Fuck the setlist haters and Youtube watchers  rant Wink

Can?t wait to see them in 3,5 weeks in Nijmegen, Holland!  peace

Great review. Enjoyed reading it.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2017, 05:11:26 PM »

Very high quality videos available. Just weird that this was absolutely the worst nightmare trying to watch live and then this. Maybe better late than never Roll Eyes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2017, 06:04:58 PM »

They may well have signal jamming technology there.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2017, 06:48:54 PM »

I think the mobile broadband net kneeled during the show with so many people using it. The credit card machines at the merch stands stopped working, they couldn't connect anymore.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2017, 01:04:26 AM »

I think the mobile broadband net kneeled during the show with so many people using it. The credit card machines at the merch stands stopped working, they couldn't connect anymore.

That is the most probable explanation but it should not happen anymore. In the late 90's it was impossible to make a phone call as it was always 'network busy'. Then it got better for a long time but now the problems are back with the explosion of live streaming.

I don't believe that signal jamming is legal and if so a big stadium would never risk doing it.
JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2017, 03:58:46 AM »

Great review. Enjoyed reading it.
I also enjoyed writing it, so many good memories of last weekend!

To those who keep complaining about the setlist, covers and other stuff: take JMB-GNR's comment Cheesy
peace

Very high quality videos available. Just weird that this was absolutely the worst nightmare trying to watch live and then this. Maybe better late than never Roll Eyes
They may well have signal jamming technology there.

I don't think there was a jamming situation just too many people for the same broadband. Most of the time I had no signal at all but I managed to sent 1 photo before the show via Whatsapp; all other messages arrived well after the show. So I can imagine streaming anything would have been impossible for more than a few minutes in this packed stadium.

I know from previous concerts the park in Nijmegen for July 12th hardly has any signal at all during events so don't expect any livestreams that evening either  Wink

Graspop'06 | Nijmegen'06 | Antwerpen'10 | Arnhem'10 | Rotterdam'12 | Monchengladbach'12 | London'17 | Nijmegen'17 | Nijmegen'18 | Groningen '22 | Weert '23
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2017, 04:12:26 AM »

I think the empty seats can be explained by a combination of things:

1) The 2nd night didn't go on sale until the 1st night had almost completely sold out (so about 30 minutes after tickets went on sale) so sales were slower and I don't think it sold out completely.

2) There was a block of seats either side of the stage which weren't covered over but also weren't being used. There were security standing at the entrance to stop anyone going in there (and later they were sitting in the seats near the entrance because why would you stand for 3 hours next to a bunch of empty seats).

3) As previously mentioned the lower tier was General Admission and you could come and go from there to the floor and it looks like most people chose to stand. My in-laws had our spare GA tickets and chose to sit down and from what my mother-in-law told me (she talks to everyone) everyone around them was unwilling or unable to stand the whole show, or had kids with them. (It's really cool how many people brought kids, and how many of them were really into it.)

4) I think some people are still being caught out by the band coming on stage on time. Even right down the front people were thinking there would be more than enough time to go get drinks after The Kills finished their set (we tried to tell them they were wrong, they decided to take their chances). Then when they came on there was a sudden rush of people coming back from the bar. One guy near us missed the first 2 songs, all for a couple of cokes.

It is kind of funny to realise the last time I saw the CD line-up in London the show didn't even start until 10:40pm and this one finished just after 10:30. But in the same way I always thought everyone knew if you go and see GnR it will start late I assumed everyone had heard that wasn't happening on this tour. I tend to forget people on the internet are just a sub-set of GnR fans.

Anyway, the important thing is the show was amazing. Both nights but I actually think night 2 was better, and they played both Yesterdays and Don't Cry which was a nice surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: