Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:32:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater  (Read 34763 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: June 21, 2017, 07:21:30 AM »

Apollo show.
Sirius  channel.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:52:34 AM by jarmo » Logged

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:28:57 AM »

https://www.siriusxm.com/gunsnroses ?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:37:51 AM »

Apollo Theater on July 20th. Live on Stern's 101 Sirius channel! Also, limited run Guns N' Roses channel starts on July 13th.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:40:40 AM by gnrrock » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 07:49:42 AM »

Cool stuff! Just entered to win. I thought at first they were going on the show though, which would also be very cool. Maybe this gets them a little closer?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 09:01:54 AM »

A good friend of mine works for Sirius....

I am going to bother him every single hour until that day for him to get me in that building....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 09:46:55 AM »

I am going to bother him every single hour until that day for him to get me in that building....

The theater seats 1500 people I believe. It's going to be a difficult ticket to get. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 09:53:13 AM »

Yeah, tickets willl be impossible.

But we should get a good recording of the show, which is awesome.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 09:55:10 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »

Howard involved? Interview maybe?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 10:05:35 AM »

The theater seats 1500 people I believe. It's going to be a difficult ticket to get. 

Oh yeah I know...

but my friend who works there goes to all of these events... and I am the GNR guy in our circle... so if even one ticket falls in to his hands....IT SHALL BE MINE  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »

Oh yeah I know...

but my friend who works there goes to all of these events... and I am the GNR guy in our circle... so if even one ticket falls in to his hands....IT SHALL BE MINE  Grin

Good luck!
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 10:39:54 AM »

Howard made it sound like he was going to the show on air this morning, but no mention of an interview. It would be great hearing him speak with Axl and the band. Especially being a long time fan of both and hearing Howard's interviews with Roger Daultry, Neil Young, etc.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:44:02 AM »

Cool stuff! Just entered to win. I thought at first they were going on the show though, which would also be very cool. Maybe this gets them a little closer?

it almost seemed like Howard was pushing for that. he was referring to old stories that he would love to confirm with the band. I forget his exact words, but definitely seemed like he was hinting towards that. he also referenced the one time Axl called in, and said Slash has been on several times as well.

an interview with Stern would be epic.

a number of people have played in studio, although probably no need for that since they are broadcasting the concert live.  

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 10:46:04 AM »

Howard made it sound like he was going to the show on air this morning, but no mention of an interview. It would be great hearing him speak with Axl and the band. Especially being a long time fan of both and hearing Howard's interviews with Roger Daultry, Neil Young, etc.

An interview with Howard would be amazing.  I was listening to "best of" a while back and they played the clip from the 80's when Guns was in New York and Howard got Axl's hotel room number and called him on the air early in the morning.  It was short but a pretty good interview...Axl was kind of chill, considering he probably just got back to his room from a night out.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 10:50:39 AM »

An interview with Howard would be amazing.  I was listening to "best of" a while back and they played the clip from the 80's when Guns was in New York and Howard got Axl's hotel room number and called him on the air early in the morning.  It was short but a pretty good interview...Axl was kind of chill, considering he probably just got back to his room from a night out.

This show among other things I imagine is great promotion for selling the rest of the US tour dates....

A great interview would be icing on the cake.

I'm not even a Howard fan... but I realize his following is tremendous.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »

Just got this on my email:

N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater

- Exclusive show will be held before the band embarks on the next leg of their North American "Not In This Lifetime" tour

- Concert to air live on the band's limited-run SiriusXM channel Guns N' Roses Radio and Howard Stern's Howard 101 channel

PR Newswire

NEW YORK, June 21, 2017

NEW YORK, June 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM announced today that legendary rock band Guns N' Roses will perform at Harlem's world famous Apollo Theater for a special invitation-only concert for SiriusXM subscribers on Thursday, July 20. Howard Stern made the announcement today during his live SiriusXM show The Howard Stern Show.

The exclusive SiriusXM concert marks the first time that Guns N' Roses will perform at the iconic venue. The special event, taking place before the next leg of the band's North American "Not In This Lifetime" tour, will air live nationwide on SiriusXM's Guns N' Roses Radio. The concert will also air live on Howard Stern's Howard 101 channel.   

SiriusXM's Guns N' Roses Radio will feature music from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees' entire iconic career, including the 1987 Appetite for Destruction album, which is celebrating its 30thanniversary. The SiriusXM channel will also include music by artists who have influenced Guns N' Roses, live tracks and rarities.

"Guns N' Roses started off in Los Angeles in 1985 and went on to conquer the world with its swaggering, unrepentant, rebel rock and roll, and we are thrilled to have them perform this exclusive show for SiriusXM at the world famous Apollo Theater," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer of SiriusXM. "Our subscribers will get a once in a lifetime experience, seeing the ultimate rock and roll band live before the next leg of their national tour kicks off."

Guns N' Roses Radio will launch on Thursday, July 13 and will air through Saturday, July 22, via satellite on channel 41, and through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

For more information about Guns N' Roses and their "Not In This Lifetime" tour, visit www.gunsnroses.com.

The legendary non-profit Apollo Theater is known for launching the careers of countless iconic performers, and has been a catalyst for artistic excellence and innovation since it opened its doors in 1934. The Apollo's new artistic vision builds on its legacy and new Apollo programming has music as its core, driving large scale and more intimate music, dance and theater presentations. For more information, visit www.apollotheater.org.

SiriusXM has presented special, private concerts at the Apollo Theater with Paul McCartney in 2010, Bruce Springsteen in 2012, Metallica in 2013 and James Taylor in 2015.

Guns N' Roses Radio is an example of SiriusXM channels created with iconic and leading artists, including Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio, The Beatles Channel, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, Garth Brooks' The Garth Channel, Willie Nelson's Willie's Roadhouse, Kenny Chesney's No Shoes Radio, Tom Petty Radio, B.B. King's Bluesville, Elvis Radio, Siriusly Sinatra, Ozzy Osbourne's Ozzy's Boneyard, Pearl Jam Radio and Eminem's Shade 45.

SiriusXM subscribers since June 7, 2017 can enter for the chance to win a trip to New York City including airfare, hotel stay and a pair of tickets to the Apollo Theater show, plus SiriusXM will fly the winner and a guest to the show of their choice on the Guns N' Roses "Not In This Lifetime" 2017 U.S. Tour including airfare, hotel stay and tickets. See Official Rules for complete details at siriusxm.com/GunsNRoses.

For more information on SiriusXM, please visit www.siriusxm.com.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 10:54:30 AM »

Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater

- Exclusive show will be held before the band embarks on the next leg of their North American "Not In This Lifetime" tour

- Concert to air live on the band's limited-run SiriusXM channel Guns N' Roses Radio and Howard Stern's Howard 101 channel

PR Newswire

NEW YORK, June 21, 2017

NEW YORK, June 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM announced today that legendary rock band Guns N' Roses will perform at Harlem's world famous Apollo Theater for a special invitation-only concert for SiriusXM subscribers on Thursday, July 20. Howard Stern made the announcement today during his live SiriusXM show The Howard Stern Show.

The exclusive SiriusXM concert marks the first time that Guns N' Roses will perform at the iconic venue. The special event, taking place before the next leg of the band's North American "Not In This Lifetime" tour, will air live nationwide on SiriusXM's Guns N' Roses Radio. The concert will also air live on Howard Stern's Howard 101 channel.   

SiriusXM's Guns N' Roses Radio will feature music from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees' entire iconic career, including the 1987 Appetite for Destruction album, which is celebrating its 30thanniversary. The SiriusXM channel will also include music by artists who have influenced Guns N' Roses, live tracks and rarities.

"Guns N' Roses started off in Los Angeles in 1985 and went on to conquer the world with its swaggering, unrepentant, rebel rock and roll, and we are thrilled to have them perform this exclusive show for SiriusXM at the world famous Apollo Theater," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer of SiriusXM. "Our subscribers will get a once in a lifetime experience, seeing the ultimate rock and roll band live before the next leg of their national tour kicks off."

Guns N' Roses Radio will launch on Thursday, July 13 and will air through Saturday, July 22, via satellite on channel 41, and through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

For more information about Guns N' Roses and their "Not In This Lifetime" tour, visit www.gunsnroses.com.

The legendary non-profit Apollo Theater is known for launching the careers of countless iconic performers, and has been a catalyst for artistic excellence and innovation since it opened its doors in 1934. The Apollo's new artistic vision builds on its legacy and new Apollo programming has music as its core, driving large scale and more intimate music, dance and theater presentations. For more information, visit www.apollotheater.org.

SiriusXM has presented special, private concerts at the Apollo Theater with Paul McCartney in 2010, Bruce Springsteen in 2012, Metallica in 2013 and James Taylor in 2015.

Guns N' Roses Radio is an example of SiriusXM channels created with iconic and leading artists, including Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio, The Beatles Channel, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, Garth Brooks' The Garth Channel, Willie Nelson's Willie's Roadhouse, Kenny Chesney's No Shoes Radio, Tom Petty Radio, B.B. King's Bluesville, Elvis Radio, Siriusly Sinatra, Ozzy Osbourne's Ozzy's Boneyard, Pearl Jam Radio and Eminem's Shade 45.

SiriusXM subscribers since June 7, 2017 can enter for the chance to win a trip to New York City including airfare, hotel stay and a pair of tickets to the Apollo Theater show, plus SiriusXM will fly the winner and a guest to the show of their choice on the Guns N' Roses "Not In This Lifetime" 2017 U.S. Tour including airfare, hotel stay and tickets. See Official Rules for complete details at siriusxm.com/GunsNRoses.

For more information on SiriusXM, please visit www.siriusxm.com.

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 10:57:32 AM »

pretty ironic that howard and robin have bashed axl and the chinese lineup over the years just like last month howard said how ridiculous axl looks
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 11:08:16 AM »

Sorry about the double posting.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 11:13:24 AM »

pretty ironic that howard and robin have bashed axl and the chinese lineup over the years just like last month howard said how ridiculous axl looks

About as ironic as Slash talking shit about Axl (and vice versa) and then reuniting to play one of the biggest world tours of all time.  Things change, right?
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »

About as ironic as Slash talking shit about Axl (and vice versa) and then reuniting to play one of the biggest world tours of all time.  Things change, right?

it changed for howard because his company told him to change he's a hypocrite because he said how slash looked good for his age and can still pull off the leather pants and no shirt etc but axl looks ridiculous now
and we all know why slash changed his tune $
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: