Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:56:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater  (Read 34809 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »

OK. Sounds like no support then. Is it all seated? That's interesting. Do you know where you're sitting?

Based on the emails, it seems to be all seated tickets.

They also stated that all seating has been pre-assigned, but exact seating locations will not be available until check-in.

It is a theater with bolted down seats right to the front of the stage.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2017, 04:21:45 PM »

Anyone else on the board score tickets yet? I cannot find another soul with tickets after an extensive social media search. They cannot be THAT limited for subscribers.

i heard them giving a pair away on busted open radio
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »

Channel opened with a nice intro and retrospective......and right into wttj, then locomotive. So the obvious choice to open, and then a deep cut. Bodes well for what they will play (hopefully everything!)

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2017, 03:07:59 AM »

Well, if it's 3 hrs, then I'm gonna expect the typical setlist, just with all the AFD alternates included. Which I'm fine with, just to get a quality live recording.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2017, 10:12:05 AM »

Channel opened with a nice intro and retrospective......and right into wttj, then locomotive. So the obvious choice to open, and then a deep cut. Bodes well for what they will play (hopefully everything!)

Unfortunately the channel plays an "influence" literally every other song so it's only about half a GNR channel.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2017, 01:55:43 PM »

Unfortunately the channel plays an "influence" literally every other song so it's only about half a GNR channel.

I mean, that's sorta the way these channels always work. It's the way all the limited edition "artist" centric channels have worked (even the Beatles channel currently running..and their catalog is WAY bigger). It's the way the permanent artist channels like Ozzy's boneyard and Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville channel works, too. They're not playing exclusively GnR...because, lets face it, that would be impossible without repeating material almost constantly. But it's all GnR influenced, or influencers, or related (the Motley Crue inclusion made me literally LOL...is there a Tommy Hilfiger single somewhere??).

I'm pretty happy with the mix. Lots of GnR, and the stuff they play that's NOT GnR all has GnR type links, has been named as influencers, etc.  We're talking more about this in the thread specifically on this topic...but I've heard rarities, related stuff (for example, Duff on drums for The Fastbacks) and REALLY GOOD MUSIC for every minute I've been listening.

If you want all GnR, just load up the GnR playlist (or for us old school folks, the CDs into the changer) and hit shuffle. Smiley  This, IMHO, is actually better!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:57:57 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2017, 06:49:29 PM »

Eddie Trunk
@EddieTrunk

Safe travels to you and all the @gunsnroses camp Del. See you guys @ApolloTheater Thursday!

Eddie's going to the show apparently. Let's see if anything happens with that interview...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2017, 08:36:46 PM »

Eddie Trunk
@EddieTrunk

Safe travels to you and all the @gunsnroses camp Del. See you guys @ApolloTheater Thursday!

Eddie's going to the show apparently. Let's see if anything happens with that interview...

Would be great! Got vague hopes we might see an afd reissue announcement too. Very vague, but still hopes!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: