Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:01:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater  (Read 34730 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 11:21:41 AM »

pretty ironic that howard and robin have bashed axl and the chinese lineup over the years just like last month howard said how ridiculous axl looks

I've heard stern and others on the show praise their live performance, even when it was with replacement members.

also, about 2 weeks ago, Stern praised Axl's singing on BHS. he even played a youtube clip of it on the show.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 11:31:54 AM »

It next to impossible to win when SiriusXM does exclusive subscriber events. I am still waiting for the email to apply.

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:11 AM »

https://youtu.be/m8O9iKjQBuI

from 2002 when interviewing slash https://youtu.be/95F1M5ntZAY?t=3m13s
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:22:23 PM by patcooper » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:18 AM »

Amazing news! A proper live recording!

Chances surely high for appetite to be played in full.

Is it worth signing up just to enter? No knowledge at all of sirus really...

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 12:29:42 PM »

Amazing news! A proper live recording!

Chances surely high for appetite to be played in full.

Is it worth signing up just to enter? No knowledge at all of sirus really...

One would hope.  This is definitely the AFD 30th Anniversary show.  ..or at the very least, that's what promoters and the band want people to believe....it takes place just hours before the exact release date of AFD from 30 years ago....and if they play past midnight (which considering this is a club show, is more than likely) it will be on the exact date AFD was released 30 years ago.

Hopefully they do it right and we see the AFD 5 on stage together that night.

-KK
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »

I hope Izzy and Steven play a few songs that night...otherwise the endless bitching about them not being there on the boards will commence.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 12:55:46 PM »

Howard involved? Interview maybe?

Howard made it sound like he was going to the show on air this morning, but no mention of an interview. It would be great hearing him speak with Axl and the band. Especially being a long time fan of both and hearing Howard's interviews with Roger Daultry, Neil Young, etc.

An interview with Howard would be amazing.  I was listening to "best of" a while back and they played the clip from the 80's when Guns was in New York and Howard got Axl's hotel room number and called him on the air early in the morning.  It was short but a pretty good interview...Axl was kind of chill, considering he probably just got back to his room from a night out.

I think I remember that one. Sebastian Bach was on the phone as well.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

Howard made it sound like he was going to the show on air this morning, but no mention of an interview. It would be great hearing him speak with Axl and the band. Especially being a long time fan of both and hearing Howard's interviews with Roger Daultry, Neil Young, etc.

An interview with Howard would be amazing.  I was listening to "best of" a while back and they played the clip from the 80's when Guns was in New York and Howard got Axl's hotel room number and called him on the air early in the morning.  It was short but a pretty good interview...Axl was kind of chill, considering he probably just got back to his room from a night out.

Those are two different interviews if I remember correctly. One was Howard calling Axl at an NYC hotel, the other was Axl and Sebastian calling in from Axl's condo in 1990 time frame.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 01:38:54 PM »

Those are two different interviews if I remember correctly. One was Howard calling Axl at an NYC hotel, the other was Axl and Sebastian calling in from Axl's condo in 1990 time frame.

correct this the one where Howard called his hotel room
https://youtu.be/1kizszsFAm0
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »

It next to impossible to win when SiriusXM does exclusive subscriber events. I am still waiting for the email to apply.

I've heard these go mostly to Sirius staff.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »

pretty ironic that howard and robin have bashed axl and the chinese lineup over the years just like last month howard said how ridiculous axl looks

About as ironic as Slash talking shit about Axl (and vice versa) and then reuniting to play one of the biggest world tours of all time.  Things change, right?

it changed for howard because his company told him to change he's a hypocrite because he said how slash looked good for his age and can still pull off the leather pants and no shirt etc but axl looks ridiculous now
and we all know why slash changed his tune $
You're cherry picking comments from Stern as if he only bashes them. He talks for four hours a day, he's going to say some negative things about pretty much anything and everything once in awhile. Howard has also said many positive things about Axl, Guns, and even Chinese Democracy. He's said a few times over the years how he'd love to interview Axl. He's not changing his tune at all.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 02:50:46 PM »

They've done these live concerts on Howard's channels before and sometimes the artists do come in beforehand for an interview. Metallica did I'm pretty sure. But they have had others who didn't if I recall correctly. They usually do have some affiliation with the show though and have at least been guests in the past. Slash has been on fairly recently but Axl is obviously a different story. I'd love for it to happen, and I'm sure Gary is working his ass off to get it done, but I'm skeptical of it actually happening.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 04:13:55 PM »

For the fanclub members:

Nightrain members, stay tuned for info on how you can get to the Apollo!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 04:37:10 PM »

I hope Izzy and Steven play a few songs that night...otherwise the endless bitching about them not being there on the boards will commence.

You sure care a lot of what other say

You since you read all my work in anew York minute.  Here's my take on it

I sure hope Izzy and Steven play a ton of songs, especially if this concert is in any way usssd to promote the history of the album AFD.   He fans deserve it and so do izzy and Steven
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2017, 05:24:27 PM »

For the fanclub members:

Nightrain members, stay tuned for info on how you can get to the Apollo!

I sure hope they want to fly me there! I'd be very grateful!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2017, 05:55:29 PM »

About as ironic as Slash talking shit about Axl (and vice versa) and then reuniting to play one of the biggest world tours of all time.  Things change, right?

it changed for howard because his company told him to change he's a hypocrite because he said how slash looked good for his age and can still pull off the leather pants and no shirt etc but axl looks ridiculous now
You're cherry picking comments from Stern as if he only bashes them. He talks for four hours a day, he's going to say some negative things about pretty much anything and everything once in awhile. Howard has also said many positive things about Axl, Guns, and even Chinese Democracy. He's said a few times over the years how he'd love to interview Axl. He's not changing his tune at all.

I can tell you I've listened to him last 30+ years. He's always been an Axl fan, He outright bashed Slash for showing up at the HOB show, because he was trying to mess with Axl's head. But then he turns around and kisses Slash's ass when he's in the studio. I've seen him tear Axl apart the fat Axl stuff the plastic surgery, etc
yeah, he loved Chinese lineup he said: "I miss THAT line up, with the guy with the bucket on his head."
Howard talks a lot of shit, but he uses kid gloves in interviews as well And of course, he would want to interview him cmon everyone in mainstream media would. look at how much press Kimmel got
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »

Howard Stern is pretty irrelvant to me. I genuinely couldn't give a fuck what he thinks about anything. I guess it doesn't matter though-just really excited to get a recording! I'd surprised if an interview happens.

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »

correct this the one where Howard called his hotel room
https://youtu.be/1kizszsFAm0

Thanks for sharing. Haven't heard this one yet.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 06:27:19 PM »

I can tell you I've listened to him last 30+ years. He's always been an Axl fan, He outright bashed Slash for showing up at the HOB show, because he was trying to mess with Axl's head. But then he turns around and kisses Slash's ass when he's in the studio. I've seen him tear Axl apart the fat Axl stuff the plastic surgery, etc
yeah, he loved Chinese lineup he said: "I miss THAT line up, with the guy with the bucket on his head."
Howard talks a lot of shit, but he uses kid gloves in interviews as well And of course, he would want to interview him cmon everyone in mainstream media would. look at how much press Kimmel got
Obviously he caters to whoever he has on his show. He's not going to tell Axl he's fat if he decides to grant him an interview. When you're not on the show though, all bets are off. Depends on his mood that day. I'd love to hear an interview because I'm a huge Stern and GNR fan, but I doubt we'd hear anything new or groundbreaking if it happened. Just for them to talk about how they wrote certain songs would be enough to satisfy me.

Did you get your screen name from Pat Cooper being a long time guest on Stern?

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 06:55:11 PM »

Obviously he caters to whoever he has on his show. He's not going to tell Axl he's fat if he decides to grant him an interview. When you're not on the show though, all bets are off. Depends on his mood that day. I'd love to hear an interview because I'm a huge Stern and GNR fan, but I doubt we'd hear anything new or groundbreaking if it happened. Just for them to talk about how they wrote certain songs would be enough to satisfy me.

Did you get your screen name from Pat Cooper being a long time guest on Stern?

o i agree an axl interview would be great but i bet it will be a slash and duff interview. but today's announcement was so off wikipedia he even mistakenly said chinese illusion lmao and yes patcooper is from the stand up comic. when i was growing up pat's appearances were my favorite all in pat coopers family lol you're the first person to catch it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: