Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:48:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater  (Read 34808 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2017, 05:12:37 PM »

Maybe it got lost in all the initial posts here, but I pointed it out earlier.

For the Nightrain members, there seem to be another chance to get in.

GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO, JULY 20

SiriusXM announced today that Guns N? Roses will perform at Harlem?s world famous Apollo Theater for a special invitation-only concert for SiriusXM subscribers on Thursday, July 20. Howard Stern made the announcement today during his live SiriusXM show The Howard Stern Show.
The exclusive SiriusXM concert marks the first time that Guns N? Roses will perform at the iconic venue. The special event, taking place before the next leg of the band?s North American ?Not In This Lifetime? tour, will air live nationwide on SiriusXM?s Guns N? Roses Radio. The concert will also air live on Howard Stern?s Howard 101 channel.   
SiriusXM?s Guns N? Roses Radio will feature music from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees entire iconic career, including the 1987 Appetite for Destruction album, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary. The SiriusXM channel will also include music by artists who have influenced Guns N? Roses, live tracks and rarities.

Guns N? Roses Radio will launch on Thursday, July 13, via satellite, and through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.
Nightrain members, stay tuned for info on how you can get to the Apollo!

http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/title/guns-n-roses-live-at-the-apollo-july-20

No news about that as of yet though. I was wondering if it may be some form of stream over on Nightrain, rather than actual tickets. What's capacity, about 1500?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2017, 05:23:17 PM »

No news about that as of yet though. I was wondering if it may be some form of stream over on Nightrain, rather than actual tickets. What's capacity, about 1500?

It says "info on how you can get to the Apollo" though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2017, 05:28:18 PM »

Very true! That does suggest tickets. Hope it works out for people. Be great though if they ran a competition that included flights! Shame that Sirius one was only open to Americans.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »

Very true! That does suggest tickets. Hope it works out for people. Be great though if they ran a competition that included flights! Shame that Sirius one was only open to Americans.

Yeah, it's not something I could have attended anyway. But I'm looking forward to a ripped soundboard recording for sure!

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »

Yeah, it's not something I could have attended anyway. But I'm looking forward to a ripped soundboard recording for sure!

That's my thinking. Really looking forward to hearing something properly recorded.

Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2017, 02:04:57 PM »

Great news! I will be in attendance for this show. I'm pretty stoked for this one.

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2017, 03:11:15 PM »

So we will have proshot video unless
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2017, 03:15:52 PM »

No word on video yet is there?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2017, 04:14:26 PM »

No word on video yet is there?

Nothing has been said about that yet, no.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2017, 06:38:51 AM »

Looks like winners have been announced then. Wonder why they're holding back on Nightrain details?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »

I entered last week and didn't receive any messages, good or bad.

The one you entered last week was the drawing for a single pair of tickets+travel (and then the same for another show of your choice), with winner selected on/around July 12. You wouldn't get any notice either way until then.

Yesterday's was for a batch of first-come, first-serve tickets at 10am, via email sent to selected SiriusXM subscribers.
Well that sucks. I guess I wasn't among the selected.  rant

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »

I entered last week and didn't receive any messages, good or bad.

The one you entered last week was the drawing for a single pair of tickets+travel (and then the same for another show of your choice), with winner selected on/around July 12. You wouldn't get any notice either way until then.

Yesterday's was for a batch of first-come, first-serve tickets at 10am, via email sent to selected SiriusXM subscribers.
Well that sucks. I guess I wasn't among the selected.  rant

I could be wrong. I'm going on people online saying they are going. Also-still the Nightrain option....

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »

So, an email has gone out to nightrain members. They are giving away 5 pairs of tickets to the concert.

Not only is that a ludicrously small amout, it seems a lot of people , mysellf included, didn't even get the email!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:25:13 AM by allwaystired » Logged

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2017, 10:13:02 AM »

Competition only open to US and Canada residents, which may explain lack of emails, but still. Why not give us all a shot? We all paid to join. Other than a shirt, there is no gain whatsoever for being in this club. Even presales are poor.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2017, 05:36:14 PM »

Talent?  hihi
Buckeye
Opening Act

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2017, 02:54:38 AM »

Great news! I will be in attendance for this show. I'm pretty stoked for this one.

Via the Sirius Contest?

Slash once played my Les Paul (pic to the left) & the bass used on "Better" is literally on my living room floor. 

Was at the first and last shows of the Bumblefoot era: 5/12/06 NYC & 6/7/14 Vegas
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »

Saw this link on Instragram sponsored ads earlier.  Hopefully there will be more chances to win!!  Good luck!  Would drive to this in a second if I could get in..

siriusxm.com/NonSub?desktop=yes

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2017, 08:56:31 AM »

Looks like winners have been announced then. Wonder why they're holding back on Nightrain details?

the grand prize winner gets announced after july 12
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »

Saw this link on Instragram sponsored ads earlier.  Hopefully there will be more chances to win!!  Good luck!  Would drive to this in a second if I could get in..

siriusxm.com/NonSub?desktop=yes

Thank you so much for posting.  I've entered!
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2017, 09:42:50 AM »

Via the Sirius Contest?

From an "Exclusive Subscriber Opportunity" received via email. Per the email: "There are a limited number* of complimentary tickets for this event and attendees will be chosen based on SPEED OF RESPONSE. This special offer extends only to select subscribers receiving this email."

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: