Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater  (Read 34791 times)
Buckeye
Opening Act

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »

Great news! I will be in attendance for this show. I'm pretty stoked for this one.

Via the Sirius Contest?

From an "Exclusive Subscriber Opportunity" received via email. Per the email: "There are a limited number* of complimentary tickets for this event and attendees will be chosen based on SPEED OF RESPONSE. This special offer extends only to select subscribers receiving this email."

Congrats!  I must have been a few seconds too slow.  Did you find out you won immediately or a few days later?   Shot in the dark, any interest in selling your plus 1??

Slash once played my Les Paul (pic to the left) & the bass used on "Better" is literally on my living room floor. 

Was at the first and last shows of the Bumblefoot era: 5/12/06 NYC & 6/7/14 Vegas
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2017, 10:16:09 PM »

Great news! I will be in attendance for this show. I'm pretty stoked for this one.

Via the Sirius Contest?

From an "Exclusive Subscriber Opportunity" received via email. Per the email: "There are a limited number* of complimentary tickets for this event and attendees will be chosen based on SPEED OF RESPONSE. This special offer extends only to select subscribers receiving this email."

Congrats!  I must have been a few seconds too slow.  Did you find out you won immediately or a few days later?   Shot in the dark, any interest in selling your plus 1??

Thanks! I found out immediately. It was based on response time. Unfortunately, the plus one is accounted for. The individual has a first right of refusal whenever I get opportunities like this.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:21:00 PM by Prucc » Logged

12.03.02: Hartford
05.17.06: New York
11.08.06: Worcester
11.19.11: Hartford
04.14.12: Cleveland
07.23.16: East Rutherford
07.20.17: New York
10.11.17: New York
08.21.23: Boston
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »

Does anyone know what SiriusXM channel number they launch on tomorrow? I was thinking it would be their limited run channel 13, but the schedule seems to indicate that channel will continue to be Carolina Shag Radio through the end of the week.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2017, 01:22:39 PM »

Does anyone know what SiriusXM channel number they launch on tomorrow? I was thinking it would be their limited run channel 13, but the schedule seems to indicate that channel will continue to be Carolina Shag Radio through the end of the week.

Channel 41 (I think this used to be Faction?). Starts at 5 PM tonight, I believe!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2017, 01:48:45 PM »

Channel 41 (I think this used to be Faction?). Starts at 5 PM tonight, I believe!

Thanks, just looked at the online schedule and it looks like Faction switches over tomorrow at 3PM.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2017, 03:02:25 PM »

What does the channel consist of?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2017, 06:03:27 PM »

My understanding is that it will be a week of Guns studio tracks, songs that inspired Guns (think originals from TSI), live tracks, and rare tracks... I am crossing my fingers that they are opening up the possibility of some soundboard audio from NITL (not full shows just selected tracks)... obviously playing a full show like Metallica or Pearl Jam releases devalues the NYC show a bit, but I think some one offs are possible. I wonder if any Axl/DC recording could show up.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2017, 06:10:28 PM »

My understanding is that it will be a week of Guns studio tracks, songs that inspired Guns (think originals from TSI), live tracks, and rare tracks... I am crossing my fingers that they are opening up the possibility of some soundboard audio from NITL (not full shows just selected tracks)... obviously playing a full show like Metallica or Pearl Jam releases devalues the NYC show a bit, but I think some one offs are possible. I wonder if any Axl/DC recording could show up.

Oh wow, that sounds great! Is the schedule published at all? Not living in America, Sirius is a pretty alien concept.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2017, 07:16:17 PM »

Thanks, just looked at the online schedule and it looks like Faction switches over tomorrow at 3PM.

Yeah, i jumped the gun by a day!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2017, 09:20:04 PM »

The Guns channel on Dash radio played songs from Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Stones, etc. I'd expect the same here. Interested if they'll play any VR or solo Slash, Duff, etc. They did not do that on Dash, but that was before they made amends. So tomorrow at 3pm? I heard 5. I was hoping to listen on my morning commute to work. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2017, 10:05:42 PM »

Anyone else on the board score tickets yet? I cannot find another soul with tickets after an extensive social media search. They cannot be THAT limited for subscribers.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2017, 10:35:45 PM »

The Guns channel on Dash radio played songs from Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Stones, etc. I'd expect the same here. Interested if they'll play any VR or solo Slash, Duff, etc. They did not do that on Dash, but that was before they made amends. So tomorrow at 3pm? I heard 5. I was hoping to listen on my morning commute to work. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.
I had originally heard 5, but if you look at the online lineup it shows Guns N Roses Radio launching at 3PM... could be that there is a few hours of teaser before the officially go live like The Beatles Channel did a month or so ago.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2017, 05:45:11 AM »

Anyone else on the board score tickets yet? I cannot find another soul with tickets after an extensive social media search. They cannot be THAT limited for subscribers.

Only 1,500 capacity don't forget. Halve that (as tickets go out in pairs)- 750 people receiving tickets. I'd say that's pretty limited!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2017, 05:49:01 AM »

Just looking at photos of the venue, and it's difficult to imagine them doing the full three hour live set for some reason. I associate indoor theatre shows with them doing a more trimmed down set. Not sure why. Anyone else think similar?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say they'll do AFD in full, with a couple of extra songs.

Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2017, 06:55:28 AM »

Just looking at photos of the venue, and it's difficult to imagine them doing the full three hour live set for some reason. I associate indoor theatre shows with them doing a more trimmed down set. Not sure why. Anyone else think similar?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say they'll do AFD in full, with a couple of extra songs.

The email I received yesterday states that the time will be 9:00 PM - 12:30 AM approx.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2017, 07:24:25 AM »

The email I received yesterday states that the time will be 9:00 PM - 12:30 AM approx.

There goes my theory then!

Assume 9 is show start time, and not doors open time? Any mention of a support in the email?

Buckeye
Opening Act

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2017, 09:49:49 AM »

Prucc - any other information of note in the email?

Slash once played my Les Paul (pic to the left) & the bass used on "Better" is literally on my living room floor. 

Was at the first and last shows of the Bumblefoot era: 5/12/06 NYC & 6/7/14 Vegas
Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2017, 12:38:37 PM »

Assume 9 is show start time, and not doors open time? Any mention of a support in the email?

Check-in will begin at 7:00 pm sharp and ends at 8:00 pm. No one can check in after 8:00 pm. Everyone is to be seated in the theater no later than 8:30 pm because this event will be broadcast LIVE on SiriusXM.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2017, 02:02:11 PM »

Check-in will begin at 7:00 pm sharp and ends at 8:00 pm. No one can check in after 8:00 pm. Everyone is to be seated in the theater no later than 8:30 pm because this event will be broadcast LIVE on SiriusXM.

OK. Sounds like no support then. Is it all seated? That's interesting. Do you know where you're sitting?

Prucc
Rocker

One in a Million

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2017, 03:38:36 PM »

OK. Sounds like no support then. Is it all seated? That's interesting. Do you know where you're sitting?

Based on the emails, it seems to be all seated tickets.

They also stated that all seating has been pre-assigned, but exact seating locations will not be available until check-in.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: