Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:10:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Perform Private Concert for SiriusXM at the Apollo Theater  (Read 34750 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »

Howard Stern is pretty irrelvant to me. I genuinely couldn't give a fuck what he thinks about anything. I guess it doesn't matter though-just really excited to get a recording! I'd surprised if an interview happens.

He seems to just be an American neach these days   Specifically in the eastern us

In Canada I used to try and catch him all the time   Even on sat radio

However

Is schtick had grown very tiresum.   But he is still good for the odd laugh when the group in the studio is just shooting the shit and he doesn't have an angel

By angel. I mean. He overly sucks up in interviews now.   Where as before he may ask or challenged with questions    Got to think the guy is 60 something years old so how edgy can he be.  
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »

Howard Stern is pretty irrelvant to me. I genuinely couldn't give a fuck what he thinks about anything. I guess it doesn't matter though-just really excited to get a recording! I'd surprised if an interview happens.

He seems to just be an American neach these days   Specifically in the eastern us

However

Is schtick had grown very tiresum.   But he is still good for the odd laugh when the group in the studio is just shooting the shit and he doesn't have an angel

By angel. I mean. He overly sucks up in interviews now.   Where as before he may ask or challenged with questions    Got to think the guy is 60 something years old so how edgy can he be.  
He's actually more mainstream and accepted than he's ever been. Hence the difference in the show. They have more "A" list guests on the show now. It's no longer about strippers and lesbians. He's changed over the years, but who of us hasn't?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »

However

He's actually more mainstream and accepted than he's ever been. Hence the difference in the show. They have more "A" list guests on the show now. It's no longer about strippers and lesbians. He's changed over the years, but who of us hasn't?

Yep that's right.  Mainstream in your market

I tell you in western Canada he isn't listened to or talked about much.   Early 90s yes.  Even when he joined sat radio.  Was talked about all the time

To become mainstream you become pg and sponsor and guest friendly    Nothing wrong with it at all.   I probably wouldn't listen to his old schtick everyday either.  People change

For a non intrusive non hard hitting not to bad of a interview he does a good job with guests now.   I do like the time he commits to them.  I was a real big fan of interview and quasy interview he did with billy Joel a couple years ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »

One day before AFD officially turns 30.  So is this the anniversary gig?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »

Be surprised if Appetite didn't get played in full. Wouldn't rule out another gig sonewhere the day after though....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »

Honestly, I expect the same basic setlist.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 11:04:44 AM »

What, no Breakdown???  Haha, same here.  I do expect that there will be some fun guest appearances though.  Whether that includes Izzy and Steven remains to be seen.  Last we heard from Izzy he was straight up pissed, but hopefully that's subsided.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »

agreed people need to realize this is basically a corporate show with 1500 Sirius employees and celebs with a handful of ticket winners. i have a friend who won tickets for Metallica at Apollo few years back he loved the show but was like where are metallica fans lol
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 02:48:56 PM »

agreed people need to realize this is basically a corporate show with 1500 Sirius employees and celebs with a handful of ticket winners. i have a friend who won tickets for Metallica at Apollo few years back he loved the show but was like where are metallica fans lol

Without doubt it's an industry show, doubtless populated by chattering and souless media types more keen to be seen that to see, which is a shame. But the timing isn't a coincidence i don't think. Appetite in full wouldn't be a huge stretch.  only think about you, you're crazy and anything goes aren't in the regular set as it is.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »

Fuck it this show should have Steven and izzy do the full AFD album and some Illusion stuff. I know it's not fair to just ditch your new guys for your old guys but it's a special show and it should have real fans at it to witness something special

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »

Without doubt it's an industry show, doubtless populated by chattering and souless media types more keen to be seen that to see, which is a shame. But the timing isn't a coincidence i don't think. Appetite in full wouldn't be a huge stretch.  only think about you, you're crazy and anything goes aren't in the regular set as it is.

So, IDK what THIS show will be like.

But I've been to two different Sirius Sub Exclusive shows before....gotten 2 invites through entries like this. I would say it's more than 50% subscribers at those shows.  There's definitely some Sirius/industry folks in the audience, etc...but for the most part, these have been "fan" populated shows.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:12:53 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 09:14:14 PM »

It next to impossible to win when SiriusXM does exclusive subscriber events. I am still waiting for the email to apply.

The sweepstakes entry is the same place they select the invitees from. At least it was in the past.  ONE grand prize winner will get the stuff they mention.  But the invitees, at least for past shows, have also been pulled from those entries.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 09:16:28 PM »

I've heard these go mostly to Sirius staff.

From who? And I'm not ragging on the assumption. Maybe it's been true for other shows. I just don't know.

I've been to 2 relatively "big name" sub exclusive shows.  I'd say it's like 60/40, and maybe even 70/30, in the subscribers favor.  Sometimes its a little tough to tell the difference until you see a badge...because some folks who were "invited" were definitely there for the free show, and not cause they were big fans of the act.

Together again,
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 03:16:17 AM »

pretty ironic that howard and robin have bashed axl and the chinese lineup over the years just like last month howard said how ridiculous axl looks

About as ironic as Slash talking shit about Axl (and vice versa) and then reuniting to play one of the biggest world tours of all time.  Things change, right?

it changed for howard because his company told him to change he's a hypocrite because he said how slash looked good for his age and can still pull off the leather pants and no shirt etc but axl looks ridiculous now
and we all know why slash changed his tune $
You're cherry picking comments from Stern as if he only bashes them. He talks for four hours a day, he's going to say some negative things about pretty much anything and everything once in awhile. Howard has also said many positive things about Axl, Guns, and even Chinese Democracy. He's said a few times over the years how he'd love to interview Axl. He's not changing his tune at all.

I can tell you I've listened to him last 30+ years. He's always been an Axl fan, He outright bashed Slash for showing up at the HOB show, because he was trying to mess with Axl's head. But then he turns around and kisses Slash's ass when he's in the studio. I've seen him tear Axl apart the fat Axl stuff the plastic surgery, etc
yeah, he loved Chinese lineup he said: "I miss THAT line up, with the guy with the bucket on his head."
Howard talks a lot of shit, but he uses kid gloves in interviews as well And of course, he would want to interview him cmon everyone in mainstream media would. look at how much press Kimmel got

I don't know where is the problem? I said bad and good things about Axl during the years as many others here, we all have our point of view, it doesn't mean anything. Licking people's ass forever and ever is way worse
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2017, 12:03:24 PM »

I've heard these go mostly to Sirius staff.

From who? And I'm not ragging on the assumption. Maybe it's been true for other shows. I just don't know.

I've been to 2 relatively "big name" sub exclusive shows.  I'd say it's like 60/40, and maybe even 70/30, in the subscribers favor.  Sometimes its a little tough to tell the difference until you see a badge...because some folks who were "invited" were definitely there for the free show, and not cause they were big fans of the act.
it probably depends on the band/artist. my wife went to a pitbull show there for sirius (she got the ticket free from job) and said it was mainly fan types. didn't look corporate but maybe bands like metallica and gnr will bring out more high profile people because of the rairity.  i am interested to see how the nightain tickets go
Buckeye
Opening Act

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2017, 05:06:58 PM »

Curious who here entered the Sirius contest today for tickets to the Apollo show.  After I submitted my entry, it said I was on the standby list.  Did everyone get that message?  Did anyone get a message saying they were getting tickets??

Slash once played my Les Paul (pic to the left) & the bass used on "Better" is literally on my living room floor. 

Was at the first and last shows of the Bumblefoot era: 5/12/06 NYC & 6/7/14 Vegas
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2017, 12:49:18 AM »

Curious who here entered the Sirius contest today for tickets to the Apollo show.  After I submitted my entry, it said I was on the standby list.  Did everyone get that message?  Did anyone get a message saying they were getting tickets??
I entered last week and didn't receive any messages, good or bad.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2017, 09:57:53 AM »

I entered last week and didn't receive any messages, good or bad.

The one you entered last week was the drawing for a single pair of tickets+travel (and then the same for another show of your choice), with winner selected on/around July 12. You wouldn't get any notice either way until then.

Yesterday's was for a batch of first-come, first-serve tickets at 10am, via email sent to selected SiriusXM subscribers.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2017, 04:33:28 PM »

So are any of these going on sale, or are they all giveaways? Really hope some people from here get in on it.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2017, 05:10:39 PM »

Maybe it got lost in all the initial posts here, but I pointed it out earlier.

For the Nightrain members, there seem to be another chance to get in.

GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO, JULY 20

SiriusXM announced today that Guns N? Roses will perform at Harlem?s world famous Apollo Theater for a special invitation-only concert for SiriusXM subscribers on Thursday, July 20. Howard Stern made the announcement today during his live SiriusXM show The Howard Stern Show.
The exclusive SiriusXM concert marks the first time that Guns N? Roses will perform at the iconic venue. The special event, taking place before the next leg of the band?s North American ?Not In This Lifetime? tour, will air live nationwide on SiriusXM?s Guns N? Roses Radio. The concert will also air live on Howard Stern?s Howard 101 channel.   
SiriusXM?s Guns N? Roses Radio will feature music from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees entire iconic career, including the 1987 Appetite for Destruction album, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary. The SiriusXM channel will also include music by artists who have influenced Guns N? Roses, live tracks and rarities.

Guns N? Roses Radio will launch on Thursday, July 13, via satellite, and through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.
Nightrain members, stay tuned for info on how you can get to the Apollo!

http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/title/guns-n-roses-live-at-the-apollo-july-20

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: