Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:17:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses' current record company
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses' current record company  (Read 32150 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »

What would make this a greatest hits tour, other than playing the greatest hits?! That baffles me!

What do you mean about ignoring the post above? I'm totally lost.

Like you and I just said this band has been playing these hits of albums for 30 years non stop   There just isn't enough greatest hits to make a pure concert devoted to them

They could do a greatest hit album tour.   Where all they play is songs off of afd and the two uyi albums   All three of those albums where hits   For extra songs from a borderline album they could play songs off of lies.    That would be a true hit album tour
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »

Bacon, what's this 'setlist is ok for a one off show' shut about? You saying that you think they should have dobe obe show?! Or change the set completely every single night? You realise both of those sceanarios are never going to happen right?

So I responded to this and commented on it.  But it seems to be your nature to ask a question. Get an answer  ignore the answer.  Quote something g else out of context and ask another question

Yeah you reeled out the spiel about it being 'ok for a one off show' but them not going to the same venues and doing the same set etc etc. We got it.

What I'm asking, is why the hell you now think the setlist ISN'T a Greatest Hits one? I mean, that's a fresh complaint from you at least, but it's pretty surreal. Absolutely ALL the hits are in there!

Hold on- now you're saying you ONLY want stuff from AFD and UYI?! So let me get this straight - you want them to play new music, but only REALLY new music, not music off their last album? So you want the old stuff, and brand new stuff we've never heard- but nothing in between?!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:41:13 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »

Bacon, what's this 'setlist is ok for a one off show' shut about? You saying that you think they should have dobe obe show?! Or change the set completely every single night? You realise both of those sceanarios are never going to happen right?

So I responded to this and commented on it.  But it seems to be your nature to ask a question. Get an answer  ignore the answer.  Quote something g else out of context and ask another question

Yeah you reeled out the spiel about it being 'ok for a one off show' but them not going to the same venues and doing the same set etc etc. We got it.

What I'm asking, is why the hell you now think the setlist ISN'T a Greatest Hits one? I mean, that's a fresh complaint from you at least, but it's pretty surreal. Absolutely ALL the hits are in there!

Hold on- now you're saying you ONLY want stuff from AFD and UYI?! So let me get this straight - you want them to play new music, but only REALLY new music, not music off their last album? So you want the old stuff, and brand new stuff we've never heard- but nothing in between?!

Great responds to a question you asked.   I will remember that in the future

You last question was already answered last page.    Sure that birthday thread is looking a little t better for you ....   geeze all these fans on here of talking about how great each concert is couldn't even be bothered to start a thread about the last show   Interest is at a all time peak
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »

You last question was already answered last page.    Sure that birthday thread is looking a little t better for you ....   geeze all these fans on here of talking about how great each concert is couldn't even be bothered to start a thread about the last show   Interest is at a all time peak

Using "all you fans" like it's a derogatory term? Yeah, we're fans, that's why we're on a GNR fan forum! Why are YOU here? What is it you want? You seem to have nothing but total disrespect for anyone who enjoys a show.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »

Using "all you fans" like it's a derogatory term? Yeah, we're fans, that's why we're on a GNR fan forum! Why are YOU here? What is it you want? You seem to have nothing but total disrespect for anyone who enjoys a show.

More questions you really don't want answers too??

If you are going to quote, quote properly please.   "Geeze all these fans on here of talking about how great each concert is, couldn't even be bothered to start a threat about the last show.  Interest is at a all time peak"

I stay out of threads about recent concerts.   Something about the, "yeah yeah yeah", not my cup of tea.   Seems to be yours though, which is why I surprised you are none of the other fans that like those threads didn't start one for the Paris show...  I guess reading my posts and continually responding to them with questions you don't want to read answers too...   

I really cant wait for this band to come back to north America and play some of these markets that they have just played.  I am very curious if the show will change up a bit.  Will be big decision in myself spending any more money on the band in the near future.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2017, 02:45:11 AM »

If you are going to quote, quote properly please.   "Geeze all these fans on here of talking about how great each concert is, couldn't even be bothered to start a threat about the last show.  Interest is at a all time peak"

I stay out of threads about recent concerts.   Something about the, "yeah yeah yeah", not my cup of tea.   Seems to be yours though, which is why I surprised you are none of the other fans that like those threads didn't start one for the Paris show...  I guess reading my posts and continually responding to them with questions you don't want to read answers too...   

I really cant wait for this band to come back to north America and play some of these markets that they have just played.  I am very curious if the show will change up a bit.  Will be big decision in myself spending any more money on the band in the near future.

You stay out of thr concert threads? Nonsense. You're in them all the time- seem to remember Jarmo asking you to drop it with the words 'i won't ask nicely again' in one of them cery recently.

The reason us 'yeah yeah yeah' fans end up reading your garbage is that you hijack every single damn thread saying the same thing. Tell you what-start a thread of your own. Use it to say the same thing over and over.I assure you all us poor deluded fans will ignore it and not respond to you-which seems to be what you want.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2017, 06:12:04 AM »

You stay out of thr concert threads? Nonsense. You're in them all the time- seem to remember Jarmo asking you to drop it with the words 'i won't ask nicely again' in one of them cery recently.

The reason us 'yeah yeah yeah' fans end up reading your garbage is that you hijack every single damn thread saying the same thing. Tell you what-start a thread of your own. Use it to say the same thing over and over.I assure you all us poor deluded fans will ignore it and not respond to you-which seems to be what you want.

So you spent the majority of your posts divorced to me asking me questions and yet you do not what to read the answers.   Stick to the birthday thread.  It suites you.   You can ask questions like.  "Who's birthday is it today?"    And "I love Thursdays!"   

Past response ever to something you directed to me
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2017, 10:15:49 AM »

For fuck's sake would you please stop?
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2017, 05:57:38 PM »

I think it's very interesting to see what will happen next music wise in the Guns N Roses landscape. They're obviously touring right now to warm up the crowds to new material, and also to gel with each other again.

Seeing that they're still with Interscope, I am pretty sure that after SUCH a successful tour all throughout the USA, Asia and Europe the record company is willing to invest in new recordings and a full on marketing plan. So I think when they'll hit the USA again later this year, new music will be released.

Or maybe they signed a deal with Live Nation for new music and tours? That could be a possibility too, no?

Exciting times to be a fan!

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2017, 01:51:51 AM »

Obviously? are you new to GN'R?  Grin
I think that if they were "touring to warm up the crowds to new material", as you said, they'd already play a new tune or two - that's how it usually goes - playing something new to see how the crowd react.
Then again, when you're packing 50-60K venues, maybe it's not the right crowd to test upon new songs..

As for this tour, I really believe it's a nostalgic one - hence The Godfather/ Attitude etc.
There is something else that I've noticed but kept quiet about it, fearing to be another internet conspiracist: have you notice how Axl wore a bones (leather?) jacket in the first couple of shows, much like the one he wore in several 88' shows? And Duff with his polka dot shirt, like the one he wore at the Freddie Mercury Tribute? And Slash, well... Slash is Slash..

.....Got a bit off topic, sorry.
Anyway, as much as I'd LOVE to hear new material - hell, even a Christmas/ Hanukkah/ Ramadan album played on traditional Mongolian instruments - I don't see it coming, and if - praise Jehovah, Jesus, Buddha & Groucho Marx - if I'm wrong - I don't think it has anything to do with the touring.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2017, 05:11:07 AM »

I think that if they were "touring to warm up the crowds to new material", as you said, they'd already play a new tune or two - that's how it usually goes - playing something new to see how the crowd react.
Then again, when you're packing 50-60K venues, maybe it's not the right crowd to test upon new songs..

As for this tour, I really believe it's a nostalgic one - hence The Godfather/ Attitude etc.
There is something else that I've noticed but kept quiet about it, fearing to be another internet conspiracist: have you notice how Axl wore a bones (leather?) jacket in the first couple of shows, much like the one he wore in several 88' shows? And Duff with his polka dot shirt, like the one he wore at the Freddie Mercury Tribute? And Slash, well... Slash is Slash..

Anyway, as much as I'd LOVE to hear new material - hell, even a Christmas/ Hanukkah/ Ramadan album played on traditional Mongolian instruments - I don't see it coming, and if - praise Jehovah, Jesus, Buddha & Groucho Marx - if I'm wrong - I don't think it has anything to do with the touring.

LOL, no no. Def not new to GnR. Been a fan since '88 when I got Appetite as a present from my parents (who gives that to their 8 year old?). But of course I understand what you mean. If I think about it rationally, I'd look at it that way too. But I really want to believe there's something on the way. They're not being such goodie 2 shoes with going on at time -early even-, Live Nation is not investing this much and Axl and Slash didn't make amends just for nostalgia. I believe they all think there's enough there to work with. I mean, both Slash and Duff have expressed often how much great GnR music they still want/have/had made.

But again, I am just speculating. I could be way off. But to me, it doesn't make sense the way they all are (very much about writing stuff). Axl has expressed many time he's all about the art. So he must have some really good songs in his vault that he believes need to be released at the right moment.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2017, 05:51:32 AM »

LOL, no no. Def not new to GnR. Been a fan since '88 when I got Appetite as a present from my parents (who gives that to their 8 year old?). But of course I understand what you mean. If I think about it rationally, I'd look at it that way too. But I really want to believe there's something on the way. They're not being such goodie 2 shoes with going on at time -early even-, Live Nation is not investing this much and Axl and Slash didn't make amends just for nostalgia. I believe they all think there's enough there to work with. I mean, both Slash and Duff have expressed often how much great GnR music they still want/have/had made.

But again, I am just speculating. I could be way off. But to me, it doesn't make sense the way they all are (very much about writing stuff). Axl has expressed many time he's all about the art. So he must have some really good songs in his vault that he believes need to be released at the right moment.

I want to believe similar, but just can't really. Been burned way too many times in the past. Live Nation are investing this much in GNR because at the moment it's making a large amount of money- and I find it difficult to see beyond that. The ticket prices are a constant sour point with me. sure, I forgot them the moment they came on stage- but they're still a sour point that tell me it's all about money, much I'd rather not admit that to myself. I don't think it's ALL about money, but I think denying money is a major factor would be fairly blinkered.

I just keep hoping my intuition is wrong with it all - but my intuition is that the tour wraps up at the end of the year, radio silence is resumed, then we get another tour in 2/3 years time. I don't want that to be the future of my favourite band really, as I feel they have SO much more to offer, and hope I'm wrong.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2017, 06:47:35 AM »

I want to believe similar, but just can't really. Been burned way too many times in the past. Live Nation are investing this much in GNR because at the moment it's making a large amount of money- and I find it difficult to see beyond that. The ticket prices are a constant sour point with me. sure, I forgot them the moment they came on stage- but they're still a sour point that tell me it's all about money, much I'd rather not admit that to myself. I don't think it's ALL about money, but I think denying money is a major factor would be fairly blinkered.

I just keep hoping my intuition is wrong with it all - but my intuition is that the tour wraps up at the end of the year, radio silence is resumed, then we get another tour in 2/3 years time. I don't want that to be the future of my favourite band really, as I feel they have SO much more to offer, and hope I'm wrong.

Yes, but three years ago (and the prior 17 before that) the prospect of Axl and Slash reuniting was nonsense.  I mean, you would get laughed at here as a crazy person if you were holding out for such a thing.  Now, look what we have.  Hell has frozen over, or, more appropriately, cancer has been cured, and these guys are back together.  I always associated the chances of a reunion about the same as new music...next to nothing.  I understand the cautious optimism...but we got the reunion, you know, that thing that was never, ever, ever going to happen.  Things change. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2017, 07:04:18 AM »

Yes, but three years ago (and the prior 17 before that) the prospect of Axl and Slash reuniting was nonsense.  I mean, you would get laughed at here as a crazy person if you were holding out for such a thing.  Now, look what we have.  Hell has frozen over, or, more appropriately, cancer has been cured, and these guys are back together.  I always associated the chances of a reunion about the same as new music...next to nothing.  I understand the cautious optimism...but we got the reunion, you know, that thing that was never, ever, ever going to happen.  Things change. 

Very, very true. That's the glimmer of hope we have, alongside many many years of frustration.

Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2017, 07:13:10 AM »

Axl is unpredictable. When you reach the point of being ready to give up hope dang! here he goes again. Cheesy  So you never know. It's just not going to happen before the tour ends, and we don't even know when they will wrap up the tour  . The tour follows the UYI pattern so it might not end in November, but in summer '18 instead.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2017, 10:43:53 AM »

To be honest, can't say I've lost hope but if there's anything the waiting for CD has taught me, is that it'll happen when it'll happen.
And I've got lots of patience Smiley
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »

To be honest, can't say I've lost hope but if there's anything the waiting for CD has taught me, is that it'll happen when it'll happen.
And I've got lots of patience Smiley

Perhaps we can get Dr Pepper to make another promise and shift things along.......

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2017, 01:25:47 AM »

I wonder if this time they will let Slash have his drink  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: