Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Next leg of tour predictions
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next leg of tour predictions  (Read 7977 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 06:27:47 AM »

Fact is, the shows on the next (stadium) leg are all in new cities....

And that is exactly why nothing will change. Not sure what and why we are speculating here.

Nothing major, I agree, but the set did change during Europe. I'd wager perfect crime will make an appearance sooner or later.

It changed for better. Not sure how much more perfect you can make this. Maybe Perfect Crime but why that would happen.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 06:37:23 AM »

That's an interesting observation-hadn't spotted that. Would be madness not to get a live album out.

Yeah I noticed it only after the concert, looking through the tour-book (which is actually a soft cover picture book for this leg) and they wore the same cloths - Duff with the sleeveless cross and skulls shirt, Axl with a Harley shirt and probably some other stuff I've missed.

Then again, I also wear the same shirt to work every couple of days..

Was the tour book (or programme as I know it) different for the other legs then?

If we were getting a live recording, I'd of thought a DVD would take the form of one gig, just for continuity sake. Thinking about it, it would be fairly difficult to conceal if something was filmed at different venues- clothes probably aren't that important.  A live album however could be a Live Era style release of different songs from different concerts.

If the shows on the first US leg were recorded though I'd have thought they might have had it out by now- to capitalize on this second leg of US touring. I spotted what looked like recording equipment at Europe shows, but I've seen that at many concerts, by many bands.  none of which have ever been released.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 07:32:32 AM »

I spotted what looked like recording equipment at Europe shows, but I've seen that at many concerts, by many bands.  none of which have ever been released.

Yep, I think most bigger bands record pretty much every concert they play. It's not that expensive to do when the material might be worth some $$$ later on in so many ways. And some bands do release every show, like RHCP. Some sort of a documentary of this whole tour would be nice.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 07:38:16 AM »

I spotted what looked like recording equipment at Europe shows, but I've seen that at many concerts, by many bands.  none of which have ever been released.

Yep, I think most bigger bands record pretty much every concert they play. It's not that expensive to do when the material might be worth some $$$ later on in so many ways. And some bands do release every show, like RHCP. Some sort of a documentary of this whole tour would be nice.

I really like that actually- bands that record and release every show. It seems relatively cheap and easy to do, and it's the ultimate gig souvenir for a fan. I remember Pearl Jam doing it back in 1999/200- and releasing every single show on a double CD via record shops! I went through LOADS in my local shop to find the gig I'd been to. The CDs were properly printed and made. and the recording quality excellent. I'm not even that big a fan of Pearl Jam, but a friend had taken me to the show, I'd enoyed it, and hence bought the recording. These days it's a lot easier as CDs don't even need to hit shops. Not to mention the download option. I'd absolutely LOVE to have similar from GNR. 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 07:43:02 AM »

Most bands have live screens and that must be produced somehow.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 05:09:03 PM »

Was the tour book (or programme as I know it) different for the other legs then?

If we were getting a live recording, I'd of thought a DVD would take the form of one gig, just for continuity sake. Thinking about it, it would be fairly difficult to conceal if something was filmed at different venues- clothes probably aren't that important..

That's the thing with speculations - I was full of shit.
Looking at the programme again, it doesn't mention any dates or venues, just pictures and a list of crew and credits.
As for the clothing thing, there were just one shot of Duff with that shirt I've mentioned, and as I said, I also go to work with the same shirt every couple of days Smiley

So yeah, feel free to ignore me and my stupid speculations Roll Eyes
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 05:23:16 PM »

If we were getting a live recording, I'd of thought a DVD would take the form of one gig, just for continuity sake. Thinking about it, it would be fairly difficult to conceal if something was filmed at different venues- clothes probably aren't that important..

That's the thing with speculations - I was full of shit.
Looking at the programme again, it doesn't mention any dates or venues, just pictures and a list of crew and credits.
As for the clothing thing, there were just one shot of Duff with that shirt I've mentioned, and as I said, I also go to work with the same shirt every couple of days Smiley

So yeah, feel free to ignore me and my stupid speculations Roll Eyes

I love how there are people that are on here that ask questions and then get upset once they read the answer

They get upset when people give repeat answers, how we feel free to ask repeat questions

In threads each concert at times was speculated on

Each tour leg has been speculated on

It's a stadium leg still.  What has changed so for with all these other stadium legs?   They added a cover song

I would say probably expect shorter shows now that they are touring the states again. With curfew law, noise laws etc.  Expect tons of people filming the shows again and being on there phones for most of the show
Expect exactly what we got last year when they where doing the same thing touring stadiums

Lest gp arena!!!
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 10:32:36 PM »

That's an interesting observation-hadn't spotted that. Would be madness not to get a live album out.

Yeah I noticed it only after the concert, looking through the tour-book (which is actually a soft cover picture book for this leg) and they wore the same cloths - Duff with the sleeveless cross and skulls shirt, Axl with a Harley shirt and probably some other stuff I've missed.

If we were getting a live recording, I'd of thought a DVD would take the form of one gig, just for continuity sake. Thinking about it, it would be fairly difficult to conceal if something was filmed at different venues- clothes probably aren't that important.  A live album however could be a Live Era style release of different songs from different concerts.

If the shows on the first US leg were recorded though I'd have thought they might have had it out by now- to capitalize on this second leg of US touring. I spotted what looked like recording equipment at Europe shows, but I've seen that at many concerts, by many bands.  none of which have ever been released.

Not necessarily. Iron Maiden documented their Somewhere Back in Time tour with a DVD that was a compilation of different shows from around the world; it was a feature. Although that was partially because the ability of Bruce to fly their own plane allowed them to visit countries that would typically be unreachable. But I don't see why GNR couldn't do the same. I'd rather have good quality video/audio of the best performance of each song on the entire tour than the best gig in aggregate.

As far as recording every show, it's possible. Didn't they supposedly do that on the UYI tour?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 05:34:03 AM »

Not necessarily. Iron Maiden documented their Somewhere Back in Time tour with a DVD that was a compilation of different shows from around the world; it was a feature. Although that was partially because the ability of Bruce to fly their own plane allowed them to visit countries that would typically be unreachable. But I don't see why GNR couldn't do the same. I'd rather have good quality video/audio of the best performance of each song on the entire tour than the best gig in aggregate.

As far as recording every show, it's possible. Didn't they supposedly do that on the UYI tour?

I think i'd prefer that actually too. Would make sense from a sales point of view too.

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 11:57:44 AM »

Nothing will change, same set and same variations. Don't create expectations   beer

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: