Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nijmegen - The Netherlands 12 July 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nijmegen - The Netherlands 12 July 2017  (Read 17944 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 06:13:05 PM »

Could it be the longest show of this lineup?

Was just thinking that. It's got to be, looking at the setlist. Can't think of a show with a longer one.....
If im not mistaken the longest set before today in amount of songs played, was Prague that had one song less than today.

differences being

Prague had: Don't Cry and Attitude

Nijmegen had: Riff Raff, Out Ta Get Me and New Rose (which is a slightly longer song than Attitude)

Obviously Hannover was the longest with the 1h40min rain delay

Could be close then, but looking at that, Nilmegen will run about 6 minutes more, in theory.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 06:30:50 PM »

Could it be the longest show of this lineup?

Was just thinking that. It's got to be, looking at the setlist. Can't think of a show with a longer one.....
If im not mistaken the longest set before today in amount of songs played, was Prague that had one song less than today.

differences being

Prague had: Don't Cry and Attitude

Nijmegen had: Riff Raff, Out Ta Get Me and New Rose (which is a slightly longer song than Attitude)

Obviously Hannover was the longest with the 1h40min rain delay

Could be close then, but looking at that, Nilmegen will run about 6 minutes more, in theory.
The show i went to in H?meenlinna which had basically the same set as in Prague minus Used To Love Her and Sorry was 3h5min in duration starting from Looney Tunes and ending when the house lights came up and Chris Cornells You Know My Name started playing from the PA.

So today in Nijmegen you could easily add 15-20mins to the show legth of H?meenlinna

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 03:58:24 AM »

Last show in Europe so why not give it all peace

Of course, one more shoe in the Middle East in this leg.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 04:40:39 AM »

What a show! It seemed never ending, in the best way possible.

Awesome setlist, great crowd and perfect weather. What more could you ask for?

To steal Jarmo's thunder he informed me it was 3hrs 16mins..
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 05:42:36 AM »

What a show! It seemed never ending, in the best way possible.

Awesome setlist, great crowd and perfect weather. What more could you ask for?

To steal Jarmo's thunder he informed me it was 3hrs 16mins..

That's the longest then, right?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 07:16:14 AM »

I was a really great show! And it definitely was VERY long, but in a good way. Everyone got whatever they wanted, and it was packed until the very end and everyone seemed to love every bit of it.

Axl seemed in a good mood, and was dropping jokes here and there. His voice (to me) was really great, still got the chops. All in all the best GnR show I have seen, but I have only seen two  hihi  peace

So to whoever keeps saying this is a money grabbing tour: I paid 95 euros and got almost 3,5 hours full of HIGH quality music, HIGH quality performances by every band member of one of the BEST and ICONIC rock n roll bands in the world. To me, 95 euros was fucking cheap.

The only thing that sucked was the lame artwork for the t-shirts    Undecided

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 07:23:19 AM »

I was a really great show! And it definitely was VERY long, but in a good way. Everyone got whatever they wanted, and it was packed until the very end and everyone seemed to love every bit of it.

Axl seemed in a good mood, and was dropping jokes here and there. His voice (to me) was really great, still got the chops. All in all the best GnR show I have seen, but I have only seen two  hihi  peace

So to whoever keeps saying this is a money grabbing tour: I paid 95 euros and got almost 3,5 hours full of HIGH quality music, HIGH quality performances by every band member of one of the BEST and ICONIC rock n roll bands in the world. To me, 95 euros was fucking cheap.

The only thing that sucked was the lame artwork for the t-shirts    Undecided

Event shirts no good? Not seen them yet.

Glad it was good! I do still think ticket prices are a sore point (with me), but I know what you mean. I forgot about them after seeing the tour. Still don't like paying so much for a rock band though- profit levels are WAY too much for me to feel comfortable with. I still paid it though, and would again. But that doesn't stop me thinking it's too much money.

JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 01:52:40 PM »

Two and a half weeks I went to the show in London hoping for to witness something special but didn?t expect the show in my home country to fulfill and exceed my expectations Smiley

For this show I bought 4 Golden Circle tickets because I simply couldn?t resist during the pre-sale. The premium price was definitely worth it, just 20 mins before the start of the show we headed towards the entrance and got a very nice spot just 10 rows from the stage.

Already very impressed by the band in London I was wondering if they could surprise me and give an even better show. The fact the starting time of the show was put forward to 7.30 pm hinted the band would probably play more than 3 hours like they did the last few dates.

The openers were nothing I had any interest in besides it was some good background music for a couple of beers and the excellent burger.

At the 7.30 pm the intro with the shooting guns started but I already noticed the lame reactions from the people near me. I know dutch crowds are lame and tame but I hoped to be along the biggest fans with a little bit more reaction in the front. This was something that continued to surprise me during the whole show so I decided to give the music maximum attention.

The band was in a very good mood and the first 6-7 songs were Axl at his best, vocals and spirit.

Then the surprise I hoped for was unboxed with the entrance of Angus Young and 2 great AC/DC covers. It was a very long show but time flew by, they already played 2,5 hours the first time I looked at my watch Smiley

Some show remarks:
- The guitar solo?s are far too extended, I don?t mind a little doodling but 5 mins Wish You Were Here with more than 5 mins Layla Outro is a bit too much.
- It was really noticeable which songs the band really likes to play and which ones are the crowd pleasers. The renditions of SCOM, KOHD, NR were listenable at best.
- Coma, Civil War, My Michelle, Nightrain, The Seeker, Black Hole Sun, WTTJ and the AC/DC songs were the songs the band was top notch!
- Very pleasantly surprised by the addition of Sorry to the encore and was glad they played Patience (love the acoustic touch) since I had seen Don?t Cry in London.
- Glad the lame crowd didn?t stop the band putting on a hell of rock show.
- Final remark: best concert I?ve ever seen, period Smiley

Event shirts no good? Not seen them yet.

The event tee for yesterday had this on front, not great but don't know what other 'iconic' dutch thing they could have used.:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:20:08 PM by JMB-GNR » Logged

Graspop'06 | Nijmegen'06 | Antwerpen'10 | Arnhem'10 | Rotterdam'12 | Monchengladbach'12 | London'17 | Nijmegen'17 | Nijmegen'18
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »

what was up with the crowd? Just a bit reserved?

JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »

Yes, I guess reserved is the right word.

In my experience it's a dutch thing. Best crowd concerts I've seen were either in the UK or dutch venues filled with most non-ducth people.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 02:26:18 PM by JMB-GNR » Logged

Graspop'06 | Nijmegen'06 | Antwerpen'10 | Arnhem'10 | Rotterdam'12 | Monchengladbach'12 | London'17 | Nijmegen'17 | Nijmegen'18
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 02:25:49 PM »

Glad you had a great time 👍🏻👍🏻
JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 02:26:42 PM »

And like we predicted, Angus on stage  beer

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2017, 02:32:00 PM »

In my experience it's a dutch thing. Best crowd concerts I've seen were either in the UK or dutch venues filled with most non-ducth people.

I don't like London crowds much on the whole- they're very different to the rest of UK. I don't think that shirt is too bad! Perhaps not one of the best event shirts from the tour, but not terrible.

JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2017, 02:57:35 PM »

I don't like London crowds much on the whole- they're very different to the rest of UK.

I don't have that much UK experience  Wink But I really liked the energy last time, something I missed yesterday eve.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2017, 03:06:01 PM »

I don't like London crowds much on the whole- they're very different to the rest of UK.

I don't have that much UK experience  Wink But I really liked the energy last time, something I missed yesterday eve.

I think those London shows are different, as people from all across the UK went. Glad you enjoyed it!

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:16 PM »

I'm sorry, but calling a crowd 'lame' and the saying the best concerts you went to were Dutch shows where the crowd was mostly non-Dutch is a bit rude man. I wasn't in on the Golden Circle jerk so maybe those kinds of tickets attract really lame people (could very well be), but there were pits on every side of me (front, left and center). Every song was sung to by almost everyone surrounding me (to the point I wanted to punch people cause I couldn't hear Axl sing), and every rocker had the pits jumping and pushing again. Maybe it's just the boring people in the pit, cause I did not experience what you described ?\_(ツ)_/?

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »

And like we predicted, Angus on stage  beer
[/

Indeed 🤘🏻
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »

3:22 from the Looney Tunes intro starting to the outro starting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »

I'm sorry, but calling a crowd 'lame' and the saying the best concerts you went to were Dutch shows where the crowd was mostly non-Dutch is a bit rude man.

Yo man, just my experience  Wink

and every rocker had the pits jumping and pushing again. Maybe it's just the boring people in the pit, cause I did not experience what you described ?\_(ツ)_/

Damn, I hoped for real fan in GC but it seems to attract the more lame people  Smiley Glad you had a better energy experience ok

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2017, 07:39:20 PM »

That's a killer setlist

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: