Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227813 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sirius GNR channel
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sirius GNR channel  (Read 30962 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »

I'm not sure I understand this channel. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure they play zero studio tracks off of AFD. Anyone else noticing this?

Also, every time they break in with a story from Slash about the old days, they then transition to a song from CD....obviously Slash played on none of those songs and they certainly aren't from the early days!

Whoever is programming this station should be fired.

I've heard studio tracks of most of AFD (Jungle, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, Paradise City, Sweet Child).  Arguably, I've listened to it more than the average person.  They are playing Paradise City (album version) right now.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »

I'm not sure I understand this channel. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure they play zero studio tracks off of AFD. Anyone else noticing this?

Also, every time they break in with a story from Slash about the old days, they then transition to a song from CD....obviously Slash played on none of those songs and they certainly aren't from the early days!

Whoever is programming this station should be fired.

Nah, lots and lots of AFD studio tracks.

I think whoever programming it is actually doing a bang up job. I've listened to this station for HOURS since it launched...

Edit:
Nevermind...its gone already.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:52:33 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2017, 02:31:54 AM »

That's cool they are keeping the channel now till August 16th. Hopefully demand will still be high and just keep it for good. Wish they bring back the Led Zeppelin channel also.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2017, 04:49:04 AM »

That's cool they are keeping the channel now till August 16th. Hopefully demand will still be high and just keep it for good. Wish they bring back the Led Zeppelin channel also.

There's probably not enough music available to keep it going for good, sadly. It's a decent station though, while it lasts.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2017, 05:07:21 AM »

There's probably not enough music available to keep it going for good, sadly. It's a decent station though, while it lasts.

Music there is but what is available. Where is our promised Stay of Execution Cheesy
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2017, 05:08:13 AM »

Music there is but what is available. Where is our promised Stay of Execution Cheesy

It's with the Chinese Democracy remix album.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »

Just heard One in a Million.  Haven't heard that on the Sirius channel before.  They must still be putting "new" content on there.  FWIT, I think there's enough content to have this be a regular channel.  Between Guns, bands that influenced them, their contemporaries, and member's other projects, there's enough to keep it going.  Fingers crossed.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2017, 09:35:42 AM »

Just heard One in a Million.  Haven't heard that on the Sirius channel before.  They must still be putting "new" content on there.  FWIT, I think there's enough content to have this be a regular channel.  Between Guns, bands that influenced them, their contemporaries, and member's other projects, there's enough to keep it going.  Fingers crossed.

Ah, it has been on before- a week or so ago. I was surprised to be honest. Still a bit 'lively' for most people!

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »

Ah, it has been on before- a week or so ago. I was surprised to be honest. Still a bit 'lively' for most people!

Got it.  First time I heard it on there...and yeah, I was surprised a bit too. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2017, 10:27:36 AM »

Ever witnessed it played in pubic? I was once in a bar that had one of those jukeboxes that takes random stuff off the internet to play. It came on. Was carnage- people were shouting at the bar man and stuff "have you heard this song", "turn this disgusting shit off" etc! I loved sitting there as it came on, looking around, waiting for it to 'kick in' and see what people made of it!

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2017, 10:42:56 AM »

Ever witnessed it played in pubic? I was once in a bar that had one of those jukeboxes that takes random stuff off the internet to play. It came on. Was carnage- people were shouting at the bar man and stuff "have you heard this song", "turn this disgusting shit off" etc! I loved sitting there as it came on, looking around, waiting for it to 'kick in' and see what people made of it!

Holy shit, that's hilarious!  No, I've never witnessed it at a bar.  Been at a house party where it's been played, but never heard it out in public. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2017, 11:09:14 AM »

Nope, heard it like the 3rd day. In fact...if you go back, you'll see my comment being a little surprised they played it.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »

I heard Look at Your Game Girl today too, tagged on to I Don't Care About You

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »

I heard Look at Your Game Girl today too, tagged on to I Don't Care About You

Another 'spicy' moment from their history!

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2017, 06:43:15 PM »

Has anyone been listening in the past hour or so?

They are playing a replay of The Apollo show, BUT this time the have it broken into individual titled tracks instead just displaying that is the 7/20 Replay. Does it sound like it is much lower quality to anyone else... like they tried to play with the mix after the fact?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2017, 07:39:55 AM »

May not be the mix. It could be compressed for bandwidth. Sirius/XM will do that.

Ive noticed that sometimes songs on Boneyard should like shit.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »

May not be the mix. It could be compressed for bandwidth. Sirius/XM will do that.

I heard it again today, I really think 'they' (I'm not sure who they is) played with levels... It sounds like this 'version' has moved guitars and vocals forward and back in the mix in places... but it also seems like they took the Spinal Tap approach and found 11 on the faders in places.

It has sort of taken on a feel of the Appetite for Democracy DVD (not trying to say it is the same them mixing)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2017, 11:39:08 AM »

I heard it again today, I really think 'they' (I'm not sure who they is) played with levels... It sounds like this 'version' has moved guitars and vocals forward and back in the mix in places... but it also seems like they took the Spinal Tap approach and found 11 on the faders in places.

It has sort of taken on a feel of the Appetite for Democracy DVD (not trying to say it is the same them mixing)

Would you say it sounds better or worse than the original broadcast?

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2017, 12:29:55 PM »

IMO worse...

They definitely removed the overly excited guy that the live mic's were picking up (the I love you man guy). They also brought the guitars way forward which sort of highlighted some little playing errors that didn't show in the live broadcast. I just compared the download from the first replay to this morning, and it is completely different... my guess is Guns got their hands on it which is why it has the same 'feel' as the late CD era live material we got***. They also pull Axl way forward at points, which doesn't sound good either. When him and the guitars get pulled forward, it sounds like who ever did it 'dimed' those tracks.

***again this is a complete wild ass guess... I really have no idea who did it, but it was definitely re touched - re mixed - re mastered by someone.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:46:15 PM by C0ma » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2017, 01:09:57 PM »

IMO worse...

They definitely removed the overly excited guy that the live mic's were picking up (the I love you man guy). They also brought the guitars way forward which sort of highlighted some little playing errors that didn't show in the live broadcast. I just compared the download from the first replay to this morning, and it is completely different... my guess is Guns got their hands on it which is why it has the same 'feel' as the late CD era live material we got***. They also pull Axl way forward at points, which doesn't sound good either. When him and the guitars get pulled forward, it sounds like who ever did it 'dimed' those tracks.

***again this is a complete wild ass guess... I really have no idea who did it, but it was definitely re touched - re mixed - re mastered by someone.

Interesting. it's strange that they've even bothered changing it really- although the mixing/recording was horrendous for the first couple of songs, so i could understand them wanting to sort that out. Have they done this?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: