Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sirius GNR channel
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sirius GNR channel  (Read 30984 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2017, 10:34:20 AM »

At some point, I'm going to reach out and see what it would take to get this added as a permanent station type thing. Or at least get it a longer engagement.  They're doing SUCH a good job! Even if it was just one of their internet streaming only channels......

There has been zero announcement about whether Faction is coming back after GnR radio ends....so.....If Ozzy and Pearl Jam and Jimmy Buffet can have their limited engagement channels extended....maybe there's hope this one is, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »

Riad on now.

I have an older Stiletto radio that allows me to record up to six hours at a time, so that's what I'm doing. For some reason I couldn't record individual songs, so I guess six hour blocks will have to do.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »

At some point, I'm going to reach out and see what it would take to get this added as a permanent station type thing. Or at least get it a longer engagement.  They're doing SUCH a good job! Even if it was just one of their internet streaming only channels......

There has been zero announcement about whether Faction is coming back after GnR radio ends....so.....If Ozzy and Pearl Jam and Jimmy Buffet can have their limited engagement channels extended....maybe there's hope this one is, too.
I'd obviously fully support that, but I inquired about a full time Michael Jackson station when he died and they said they'd take it into consideration. Obviously, my wish went unfulfilled.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2017, 11:36:54 AM »

this station is incredible. just an amazing mix of songs. they put good thought into the non-gnr bands to play. NIN on right now.

my only complaint is that yesterday they cut the last couple minutes of a live version of NR. where the song pauses for a second before the ending (the best part of the song and where Axl just puts everything he has into it and takes the song to a whole other level), they just ended it. really strange. something you might expect from regular radio due to the length of the song.

i'll be listening to this with friends and family on the beach for the next 3 days. just a great station.

Sounds like a great beach weekend to me! The version of NR from Coachella was cut like that when they originally aired in last year on the Coachella channel. Not sure why they cut it off but they probably just pulled it from that.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »

Just cranked up IRS so loud it's making my windows rattle. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2017, 08:06:09 PM »

Can't get enough.  Love Sirius/XM in general, but this is a whole other level...
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2017, 08:51:43 PM »

And now one of my favs.....  Breakdown.  What a great song!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2017, 11:05:03 PM »

Loving this.  But heard ZZ Top's Legs earlier.  i don't get that connection.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2017, 11:18:27 PM »

ZZ Top was a big influence on Slash, and ZZ Top is opening for GnR. They have been playing opening acts as part of this.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2017, 12:30:29 AM »

IDK why Sympathy seems to get so much hate. I always thought it was a great cover.

It's not that it's not a great cover. It IS (at least, IMHO).

It's what it meant to the band.  That song is basically GnR's "Let it Be".  So, it gets given short shrift by GnR fans based on that.

I mean, it's not like the song is the REASON the band broke up. It was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.  It was a symptom, not the actual disease. But still, it's hard not to listen to it (maybe a little easier, now) and think "That's the sound of my favorite band imploding" as you listen to Paul Tobias play that dueling guitar part....

The thing is, I don't think most people actually know that. Like others here have said, I was also unaware of the song's significance until a while after hearing it.

ZZ Top was a big influence on Slash, and ZZ Top is opening for GnR. They have been playing opening acts as part of this.

Slash has also played with ZZ Top as a guest multiple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl34aTt4d10

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2017, 06:03:14 AM »

Tobias' guitar part in Sympathy is very cool in my opinion. Objectively, listening to it now.  Undecided

Slash just didn't like the guy.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2017, 08:24:25 AM »

Tobias' guitar part in Sympathy is very cool in my opinion. Objectively, listening to it now.  Undecided

This guys just completely vanished.

Last I heard, he didn't like to tour and was working on material for the band at home.......

Another GNR story I would like to hear/know.  What happened to this guy.....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2017, 08:51:25 AM »

Slash's issue was with the 'tone', he said 'when you listen to it you'll hear my guitar then you hear this tinny little thing in the background'

BUT, yes he didn't like him, and he didn't like the way it was done.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »

Slash's issue was with the 'tone', he said 'when you listen to it you'll hear my guitar then you hear this tinny little thing in the background'

Seemed to be more of a Slash problem than a Paul problem. 

I really havnt heard anything bad about Paul, other than what the ex/reunited members had to say about him on the way out.   

But

I really havnt heard anything about him period.

Slash has always seemed to want to play the big dick part in any band.  Nothing wrong with that, but he is the one that strikes me as the one that cant get along well with other guitar players all the time.  There is no way I could ever see him in a 3 man guitar band.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2017, 09:20:30 AM »

I really havnt heard anything bad about Paul, other than what the ex/reunited members had to say about him on the way out.   

But

Slash has always seemed to want to play the big dick part in any band.  Nothing wrong with that, but he is the one that strikes me as the one that cant get along well with other guitar players all the time.  There is no way I could ever see him in a 3 man guitar band.

He's right though, it's not a great tone.

As far as Paul as a person, I'm with you... who knows, he's basically been seen 3 or 4 times and almost never talked about.

3 guitar... who cares, the only band I've ever seen that pulled it off OK was Skynyrd. NITL is proving that 14 years of GnR's 3 guitar attack was unnecessary. They should have cleanly broken from that in 2006, Ron was never needed to fill in for Bucket, it should have been Richard and Robin (who like Paul had poor tone Smiley )
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2017, 09:21:48 AM »

I love finally seeing and hearing Chinese songs on SiriusXM

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2017, 09:25:53 AM »

It is an odd feeling to hear them just pop up on the radio.

I would love to understand the way this station is being programed, and how much say Axl, Duff and Slash have in the specific tracks that are being played. I am very surprised at the volume of non GnR material from Slash and Duff.

I do wish this would be extended, I love this channel.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2017, 09:29:18 AM »

But

As far as Paul as a person, I'm with you... who knows, he's basically been seen 3 or 4 times and almost never talked about.

3 guitar... who cares, the only band I've ever seen that pulled it off OK was Skynyrd. NITL is proving that 14 years of GnR's 3 guitar attack was unnecessary. They should have cleanly broken from that in 2006, Ron was never needed to fill in for Bucket, it should have been Richard and Robin (who like Paul had poor tone Smiley )

Oh to play the songs, as the where written the 3 guitar player thing was needed.  Unless you just dump Richard and of the two leads backfills on rhythm, that would of worked.

Deep Purple pulled off the 3 guitars very well also
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2017, 09:37:44 AM »

It is an odd feeling to hear them just pop up on the radio.

I would love to understand the way this station is being programed, and how much say Axl, Duff and Slash have in the specific tracks that are being played. I am very surprised at the volume of non GnR material from Slash and Duff.

I do wish this would be extended, I love this channel.

Now this is what would make this station worth it too me. 

Anyone can put the GNR Catalog on there radio.  Put it on shuffle and listen away.  Sure most of us have done that for years, including putting in our fav live versions, or cutting out our most hated songs.

BUT

What I am hearing that I really like, is the playing of Guns members side projects..  Slash and Duffs stuff.  I personally don't have a lot of there work, think I bought a Duff solo CD in the 90s and one VR album.  So I would love the chance to hear a random song popping up.

Are they playing any of Izzys solo stuff?  Or is this station just focusing on this current version of GNR??

Would be really cool to through in some NIN stuff to represent some of Robins work.

Or some of Tommys stuff, considering he was one of the longest serving band members.   

Or perhaps those years didn't happen any more....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2017, 09:41:48 AM »

But

Oh to play the songs, as the where written the 3 guitar player thing was needed.  Unless you just dump Richard and of the two leads backfills on rhythm, that would of worked.

Deep Purple pulled off the 3 guitars very well also
I don't want to derail the topic at hand, but they are playing CD songs just fine today with two guys. The recordings have more than three guitarists and tracks on certain songs, which I think lead to a bit of Axl's production 'analysis paralysis'... but back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: