Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sirius GNR channel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sirius GNR channel  (Read 30997 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »

Now this is what would make this station worth it too me. 

Anyone can put the GNR Catalog on there radio.  Put it on shuffle and listen away.  Sure most of us have done that for years, including putting in our fav live versions, or cutting out our most hated songs.

BUT

What I am hearing that I really like, is the playing of Guns members side projects..  Slash and Duffs stuff.  I personally don't have a lot of there work, think I bought a Duff solo CD in the 90s and one VR album.  So I would love the chance to hear a random song popping up.

Are they playing any of Izzys solo stuff?  Or is this station just focusing on this current version of GNR??

Would be really cool to through in some NIN stuff to represent some of Robins work.

Or some of Tommys stuff, considering he was one of the longest serving band members.   

Or perhaps those years didn't happen any more....

I think this is a focus on 87-93/2016-present... with the addition of studio CD.

I obviously haven't been listening 24 hours, but I haven't heard anything outside of today's 'core three members'

I would be interested to hear if anyone has heard live CD era material (like from London or Vegas) that was officially released.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2017, 11:01:47 AM »

I think Finck and Bucket had issues with him as well. As in he really couldn't play well. Then they got Fortus who is a monster player but was mainly hidden until the NITL tour.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »

Anyone can put the GNR Catalog on there radio.  Put it on shuffle and listen away.  Sure most of us have done that for years, including putting in our fav live versions, or cutting out our most hated songs.

BUT

What I am hearing that I really like, is the playing of Guns members side projects..  Slash and Duffs stuff.  I personally don't have a lot of there work, think I bought a Duff solo CD in the 90s and one VR album.  So I would love the chance to hear a random song popping up.

Are they playing any of Izzys solo stuff?  Or is this station just focusing on this current version of GNR??

Would be really cool to through in some NIN stuff to represent some of Robins work.

Or some of Tommys stuff, considering he was one of the longest serving band members.   

I think this is a focus on 87-93/2016-present... with the addition of studio CD.

I obviously haven't been listening 24 hours, but I haven't heard anything outside of today's 'core three members'

I would be interested to hear if anyone has heard live CD era material (like from London or Vegas) that was officially released.
There's been talk about Izzy by Slash and Duff when they do their little intro bits, but no solo Izzy songs that I've heard. And no live GNR from the CD era either. Great stuff overall though.

I do wish we'd hear a little from Axl at some points. I wasn't expecting that, but Slash and Duff add their insights every so often. It'd be nice to hear from the one constant in the band since the beginning. Even if it was old clips of him talking about certain songs, I'd take that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:42:00 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2017, 12:53:11 PM »

I love finally seeing and hearing Chinese songs on SiriusXM

It is an odd feeling to hear them just pop up on the radio.

I would love to understand the way this station is being programed, and how much say Axl, Duff and Slash have in the specific tracks that are being played. I am very surprised at the volume of non GnR material from Slash and Duff.

I do wish this would be extended, I love this channel.

BUT

They have played NIN, at least once, that I've heard.

They played at least on 'Mats song, that I've heard. No Tommy solo stuff.

There may have been more...I'm not listening 24/7. Wink

I haven't heard anything from Izzy and the JuJu Hounds, yet.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2017, 08:41:03 PM »

Any hint of a concert being broadcast, or are the live songs just on their own?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2017, 11:23:48 PM »

Any hint of a concert being broadcast, or are the live songs just on their own?

Couple of Coachella tracks... most live stuff is Live Era, but there have been a few songs off of Live from the Jungle.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2017, 03:51:45 PM »

They have played NIN, at least once, that I've heard.

They played at least on 'Mats song, that I've heard. No Tommy solo stuff.

There may have been more...I'm not listening 24/7. Wink

I haven't heard anything from Izzy and the JuJu Hounds, yet.

I think NIN is being played as a reference to them opening for GnR in the early 90's (I've really only heard Head like a Hole)... and the 'Mats is a Duff influence.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2017, 10:03:10 AM »

Duff McKagan‏ @DuffMcKagan 1 hour ago

Tune in at 12pmET today to channel 41 Guns N' Roses radio on @SIRIUSXM Radio to hear Duff’s punk rock radio show Three Chords and The Truth

Encores
Tuesday July 18 – 10pET
Wednesday July 19 – 8aET
Wednesday July 19 – 6pET
Thursday July 20 – 2pET
Friday July 21 – 9pET
Saturday July 22 – 10aET

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:53:38 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »

Sorry has someone form Europe  been able to tune in? or it's just for the States?  Huh

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »

This was broadcasted a couple of days ago:

https://youtu.be/zqPQEQKavt0

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »

This was broadcasted a couple of days ago:

https://youtu.be/zqPQEQKavt0

Glorious!

Hope to see a live album released from this tour, all their best performances.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »

If Ozzy and Pearl Jam and Jimmy Buffet can have their limited engagement channels extended....maybe there's hope this one is, too.

Ozzy and Buffet have huge catalogs. Pearl Jam released every time one of its members farted within range of an open mic.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2017, 02:35:54 PM »

If Ozzy and Pearl Jam and Jimmy Buffet can have their limited engagement channels extended....maybe there's hope this one is, too.

Ozzy and Buffet have huge catalogs. Pearl Jam released every time one of its members farted within range of an open mic.

The couple of things that could lengthen the stream are:

1. Guns N Roses has to have an extensive back log of live shows that can be cleaned up and played on the channel (Including Guest Stars), with the possibility of Axl/DC content as well.

2. Guns (as they have been doing here for the past few days) has an interestingly wide array of influences, which has made for a pretty eclectic station that is sort of (for SiriusXM fan/subscribers) a mix between Faction/Classic Vinyl/Hair Nation...

3. If there is any intention of new music, this platform (for North America anyway) gives the band something it didn't have in 2008 airplay. The number of cars in North America with access to free trials or cheap subscription (on top of the web streams and integration into Alexa) gives the more mainstream play than they ever had access to in 2008. I've heard IRS more on the radio in the past week than I have in almost 9 years.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2017, 04:48:04 PM »

GnR radio has played, by a WIDE margin, more GnR than either of the 3 stations mentioned above play their namesake material.

You mix in influences, even more than they have since the launch, and you're fine.  Add in the odd show hosted by Duff (like the one from the other day), Slash, and maybe Axl.....and you're good to go. 

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »

GnR radio has played, by a WIDE margin, more GnR than either of the 3 stations mentioned above play their namesake material.

You mix in influences, even more than they have since the launch, and you're fine.  Add in the odd show hosted by Duff (like the one from the other day), Slash, and maybe Axl.....and you're good to go. 

No matter how anyone wants to spin it

Gun n roses has about 80-90 original songs in the catalog.   Not much at all for a band with a dedicated station.   It's actually very very small for band that has been around as long as it has.

It's why I was unsure this would work.  Why, I could put all there albums on repeat take out the songs I hate   Mix in some live tracks and gnr inspired music.  Very very easily   Would take me a few moments on iTunes.   Hell I already have it as travel music and I am sure a lot others here have as well

What is making this station work is effort

Effort by band member to give value.   Interviews.  Talk programs etc...   

What I have never seen gnr do.  And what will be the death of a station like this.  Is

Refer to its past...

What I mean by that is

A band that only has 80 original songs needs as much help as anything coming up with content to give listeners of a paid service
What gnr has that no other band that has been around for 30 years is.   Is a huge backlog of side bands
Velvet revolver
Duffs bands
Slashs bands
Izzys bands
Tommys bands
Buckethead
Robin
Etc.....

Son much material there.  That would be so cool.   They could play six degrees of seperation of all these current and past members    Would be so cool

But that's not what gnr does

Gnr doesn't talk about the past.   Never has and when they do it's usually in a negative tone

For a station like this to work long term the band would have to embrace its past.

Shit have a live gnr song from the early 2000s broken down by slash and duff.  That would be cool

AFD is nearly 30 years old.   Where is all the talk surrounding it    Where is talk about past song writers.   One that is past away   Now that would be cool

For this to work the band had to get it. 

If not

It's just us playing our iPods
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2017, 08:09:04 PM »

They're actually playing One in a Million. I'm a little surprised....

Together again,
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2017, 08:27:48 PM »

They're actually playing One in a Million. I'm a little surprised....

Why surprised? I was about to visit toilet when it started and had to hold for a little longer.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2017, 08:32:38 PM »

'Bad Apples'

Never got the hate for this one.  I love it.  Great lyrics, and I think the truly underrated Slash solo in the catalog.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2017, 08:41:43 PM »

Why surprised? I was about to visit toilet when it started and had to hold for a little longer.

The content has not held up well, and...it's a song that Axl has taken a LOT of flack for.

I'm not complaining. I like the song, and understand what it actually is, and what it means.

But not everyone does. Wink

If there was ONE GnR song that was left off the playlist for a very corporate radio station....that would be the one.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »

'Bad Apples'

Never got the hate for this one.  I love it.  Great lyrics, and I think the truly underrated Slash solo in the catalog.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite deep cuts off UYI, too.

And, you know, Back off Bitch. Wink

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: