Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] July 7th, 2017 - Saint-Denis, France @ Stade De France
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] July 7th, 2017 - Saint-Denis, France @ Stade De France  (Read 3303 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« on: July 13, 2017, 01:05:00 PM »

Setlist: It?s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin? Jive, Better, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose, This I Love, Civil War, Yesterdays, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Black Hole Sun, Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Sorry, Jam (Melissa)/Patience, Whole Lotta Rosie, Don?t Cry, The Seeker, Paradise City
--

Someone might wonder is this a joke or something. No, this is not and more than a couple of times there have been questions was there really no thread for the France show.

Now we have it and why is this important? For future generations and researchers beer

I'm watching the full show now and while the band, of course, is as good as ever the setting doesn't look good. It's a huge stadium and then, of course, you can't sell tickets behind the stage but it still doesn't look good.

It just looks so hollow and empty.

But what a great show, was anyone there peace
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 02:01:03 PM »

Setlist: It?s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin? Jive, Better, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose, This I Love, Civil War, Yesterdays, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Black Hole Sun, Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Sorry, Jam (Melissa)/Patience, Whole Lotta Rosie, Don?t Cry, The Seeker, Paradise City
--

Someone might wonder is this a joke or something. No, this is not and more than a couple of times there have been questions was there really no thread for the France show.

Now we have it and why is this important? For future generations and researchers beer

I'm watching the full show now and while the band, of course, is as good as ever the setting doesn't look good. It's a huge stadium and then, of course, you can't sell tickets behind the stage but it still doesn't look good.

It just looks so hollow and empty.

But what a great show, was anyone there peace

Good work! I think the gig struggled with ticket sales (there was some sort of 70 per cent discount a few days before which helped though). Not sure as to WHY it struggled to sell though.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:20:14 AM »

I thought the large stairwells at the side of the stage made it look more empty than it actually was.
It seemed like every time you saw the big screen (not that I was watching it the whole time) all you saw was a 30ft wide empty staircase.

Great gig though. That was my 2nd one on the tour and in my opinion it blew Slane out of the water in every department.

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:51:26 AM »

It seemed like every time you saw the big screen (not that I was watching it the whole time) all you saw was a 30ft wide empty staircase.

Exactly this. Please, don't show that on the screens, surely there must be other angles as well.
I_Am_Goonce
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »

It was a brilliant show. Compared to last time I saw them, they played longer and they seem more comfortable on stage. Still very little interaction between Slash and Axl but that's unlikely to change.

I took some pics that are here:

https://electriceyephoto.blogspot.fr/2017/07/guns-n-roses-stade-de-france-st-denis.html

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 07:57:38 AM »

Still very little interaction between Slash and Axl but that's unlikely to change.

Does that need to change? We have seen enough evidence that all is cool between them. When you are at work and fully concentrating on it, it is easy enough to look like you don't care. When you are actually just doing what you enjoy and in some jobs enjoying it for real.

I don't see any other interacting required and why it should change.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:59:55 AM by Lord Stan » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 08:01:48 AM »

Still very little interaction between Slash and Axl but that's unlikely to change.

Does that need to change? We have seen enough evidence that all is cool between them. When you are at work and fully concentrating on it, it is easy enough to look like you don't care. When you are actually just doing what you enjoy and in some jobs enjoying it for real.

I'd say they interact more onstage now than perhaps they ever have done. Offstage? I doubt they meet much.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »

I'd say they interact more onstage now than perhaps they ever have done. Offstage? I doubt they meet much.

They don't. They have their own things to do. Why would being in a rock n' roll band be any different to another factory. I don't dislike my workmates but don't want to hang out too much with them either. Last month I went for a few beers with one.

And that's it. We have another gig soon and we do it professionally.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: