Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] The Apollo Theater ? New York, NY ? July 20, 2017
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] The Apollo Theater ? New York, NY ? July 20, 2017  (Read 180399 times)
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #680 on: July 21, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »

WHAT "situation"Huh
It's in YOUR head, nowhere else.
Are you owed something???

Splash

/Mike

No one is owed anything. But for a very long time you wait for a birthday party and there is a buzz with some billboards and all.

And then you get nothing. I don't have any kids but wouldn't want to be in a situation where friends are invited and no one comes. Everything prepared for at least 15 kids and just no one comes and you have your birthday on your own.

What are you even talking about?

What is the question? Axl runs the same show all around the world, some I went to, and then returns to his country of birth and has nothing special to deliver.

I understand you Americans don't travel the world and only go to your local gig and then it must be the same.
Your birthday analogy makes no sense. That was the question.
Are you assuming it was supposed to be a birthday party? Just because of some last minute billboards for a private show that was sold out anyway?

And I'm not an American. I'm from Scotland - and travelled to Slane and Paris to see GNR.

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #681 on: July 21, 2017, 03:30:49 PM »

I do wish they'd shake up the setlist. They are shaking it up with 3-4 songs roughly, but rotating every couple shows with a couple different UYI songs would be cool.

Or even throw in Madagascar or something. The setlist is awesome. It is... but as a fan... a big fan you want more variety I think.

It is an awesome setlist though. They are playing all the songs people wanted to hear basically so that's great.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #682 on: July 21, 2017, 04:03:36 PM »

What if she's getting a C section on the 20th? Does that change anything?

All 3 of ours were sections...2 scheduled.

She's probably coming home on the 22nd or 23rd.

So, yeah....it changes things.  Now it's No No No NO FUCKING WAY.  She's going to be home, likely, recovering from surgery, with a newborn.  Those first few days are NOT fun...and I know that I did a lot of the "heavy lifting" around the house for a bit while she recovered. Plus...narcotics potentially for the pain (hers, not yours, buddy)?
Damn, I thought that might help me. I just realized the date too. It's on her birthday so a double whammy. Damn!
You know the saying happy wife happy life. I suspect going to the show just after she had your first child or while having it on her birthday would not be a happy wife.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #683 on: July 21, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »

I'm still quite surprised no Dallas. There must really be no open dates for the AAC.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #684 on: July 21, 2017, 04:36:59 PM »

I heard some clips on Youtube and they sound amazing! Wow! This is like a new "Ritz 88" to me. I want this on dvd!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #685 on: July 21, 2017, 06:21:20 PM »

I really hope someone made a decent video recording of the show. With the soundboard, that would make for an exceptional bootleg! Because I don't think the band would release anything in this lifetime.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #686 on: July 21, 2017, 06:54:50 PM »

I didn't hear the show did Axl even mention anything about the 30th anny of AFD?

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #687 on: July 21, 2017, 07:01:44 PM »

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but I just watched/listened to a couple clips from the show, and one thing that struck me is that they seem to have either really cut down or eliminated the reverb from Axl's vocals, which is a positive change imo.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #688 on: July 21, 2017, 07:25:42 PM »

I didn't hear the show did Axl even mention anything about the 30th anny of AFD?

Nothing. Not one thing

I don't think the band spoke 4 words to the live crowd or the millions streaming
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #689 on: July 21, 2017, 07:32:52 PM »

So, yeah....it changes things.  Now it's No No No NO FUCKING WAY.  She's going to be home, likely, recovering from surgery, with a newborn.  Those first few days are NOT fun...and I know that I did a lot of the "heavy lifting" around the house for a bit while she recovered. Plus...narcotics potentially for the pain (hers, not yours, buddy)?
Damn, I thought that might help me. I just realized the date too. It's on her birthday so a double whammy. Damn!
You know the saying happy wife happy life. I suspect going to the show just after she had your first child or while having it on her birthday would not be a happy wife.
Well I broached the subject with her and I was not completely shot down. Once we get closer to that day though we could both be singing a different tune. I have a lot of other stuff going on in October too. It's going to be crazy enough as it is. We'll see what happens.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #690 on: July 21, 2017, 07:38:45 PM »

Well I broached the subject with her and I was not completely shot down. Once we get closer to that day though we could both be singing a different tune. I have a lot of other stuff going on in October too. It's going to be crazy enough as it is. We'll see what happens.
A woman that didn't totally shoot you down for asking that on her birthday and possibly birth of your first child is a good woman. Hold on to this one she's a keeper for sure Smiley
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #691 on: July 21, 2017, 07:39:51 PM »

Nothing. Not one thing

I don't think the band spoke 4 words to the live crowd or the millions streaming
It wasn't that few lol.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #692 on: July 21, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »

I always felt that the Rock in Rio is a more suitable venue for something different like an old song or a deep cut.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #693 on: July 21, 2017, 11:31:56 PM »

I always felt that the Rock in Rio is a more suitable venue for something different like an old song or a deep cut.

Honestly what Hershey Park in PA, or (fill in the blank city) in (fill in the blank State) is a great option if they aren't live streaming the show or recording it for an official release. Whether it's 1500 seats and millions of Sirius subscribers, or 100,000 'seats' at a massive festival being broadcast on live TV and streamed on the internet neither is the ideal situation for going outside of the box. The have been public missteps by the band in the past (i.e. 2002 VMA's) that they don't need to repeat now.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #694 on: July 22, 2017, 12:05:34 AM »

Honestly what Hershey Park in PA, or (fill in the blank city) in (fill in the blank State) is a great option if they aren't live streaming the show or recording it for an official release. Whether it's 1500 seats and millions of Sirius subscribers, or 100,000 'seats' at a massive festival being broadcast on live TV and streamed on the internet neither is the ideal situation for going outside of the box. The have been public missteps by the band in the past (i.e. 2002 VMA's) that they don't need to repeat now.

good god, what do they have to loose?

Why not take some risks, make some mistakes.  Have some fun.

What do they have to loose?

They have already been touring for 2 years.

They have zero intention of doing any media

They have zero intentions of releasing new material

So what do they have to loose?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #695 on: July 22, 2017, 01:27:18 AM »

Haven't posted here in probably close to a decade, but I just had to log in and say wow, what a bunch of spoiled bitches you've become...

Instead of enjoying a full pro-recorded show after more than a year of shitty phone recordings, you all bitch and whine about band members, setlist, this, that...please understand that you are 0.1% of GNR's fanbase, no one cares that you follow every single show and know all the songs, intros, outros etc, most fans are just happy they get to hear the songs they really love, plus songs that they didn't think would ever be played live, like Estranged, Coma or Yesterdays.

Well said (fucking millennials...)

I'm listening to the encore presentation on Sirius now.  So nice to have a clear recording.  How about we just enjoy that?

Wow, I bet you blame Millennials when you stub your toe, too... Roll Eyes

I really hope someone made a decent video recording of the show. With the soundboard, that would make for an exceptional bootleg! Because I don't think the band would release anything in this lifetime.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X8ndXgmbG4&t=9s

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #696 on: July 22, 2017, 04:38:31 AM »

In case anybody is interested: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=68268.msg1453493#msg1453493

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #697 on: July 22, 2017, 08:49:44 AM »

Haven't posted here in probably close to a decade, but I just had to log in and say wow, what a bunch of spoiled bitches you've become...

Instead of enjoying a full pro-recorded show after more than a year of shitty phone recordings, you all bitch and whine about band members, setlist, this, that...please understand that you are 0.1% of GNR's fanbase, no one cares that you follow every single show and know all the songs, intros, outros etc, most fans are just happy they get to hear the songs they really love, plus songs that they didn't think would ever be played live, like Estranged, Coma or Yesterdays.

Well said (fucking millennials...)

I'm listening to the encore presentation on Sirius now.  So nice to have a clear recording.  How about we just enjoy that?

Wow, I bet you blame Millennials when you stub your toe, too... Roll Eyes

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X8ndXgmbG4&t=9s
Yeah, that guy has some great videos posted. Awesome stuff!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #698 on: July 22, 2017, 12:09:50 PM »

So was this show an anniversary show? It was never advertised as that, not on the radio or internet just some posters around NY. Axl didn't even mention it at the show.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #699 on: July 22, 2017, 12:54:25 PM »

So was this show an anniversary show? It was never advertised as that, not on the radio or internet just some posters around NY. Axl didn't even mention it at the show.

That's the big question. It clearly wasn't an anniversary show, and to be fair, was never really billed as such. Thos posters? Fuck knows what they refer to.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: