Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  St.Louis, Missouri- July 27th
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: St.Louis, Missouri- July 27th  (Read 19155 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: July 26, 2017, 05:07:04 AM »

An interesting show, history wise.

Anyone going?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 05:59:07 AM »

It's the first show since 1991 there, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Axl will comment on it.
stlkiss
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 07:09:37 AM »

I'll be there! First time seeing them in my hometown! Can't wait!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:11:01 AM »

It's the first show since 1991 there, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Axl will comment on it.

Yep. They were 'banned from the city' after that I believe. Until this tour of course.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 07:58:12 AM »

Of course he will comment on it. Like he did about one record that was once published smoking

It's interesting though the history. Who made the decision to lift the ban, maybe the mayor? Or nobody remembered they were banned and were told never to come.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:04:54 AM by Lord Stan » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:59:42 AM »

Of course he will comment on it. Like he did about one record that was once published smoking

It's interesting though the history. Who made the decision to lift the ban, maybe the mayor? Or nobody remembered they were banned and were never told not to come.

"Oh, they're banned. HOW MUCH?! Yeah, they can come" was probably the conversation.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 08:20:58 AM »

probably as much as he keeps commenting everything since like 2012 or so Wink

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 08:55:26 AM »

As I can see on livenation.com almost whole show is soldout...Just in a couple days they sold couple thousands tickets...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 09:17:32 AM »

We'll get something like "now behave yourselves..we don't want any trouble, do we?" about three songs in. That'll be it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »

We'll get something like "now behave yourselves..we don't want any trouble, do we?" about three songs in. That'll be it.

Yep.

That's what we got in Philly last summer.  Right between 'Chinese' & 'Jungle' :

"Thanks for coming out.  Though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.  And I was the main guy with that.  But it's good to see you."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 09:48:11 AM »

Yep.

"Thanks for coming out.  Though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.  And I was the main guy with that.  But it's good to see you."

I've noticed that that's always the point in the set where he says something. Between those two songs.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 09:56:40 AM »

Yep.

I've noticed that that's always the point in the set where he says something. Between those two songs.

Sometimes you start to think this machine is a little too well oiled.

No, we don't want another riot or anyone get killed or anything. But how about some little nice gift. Little things, that is how you survive in a personal relationship.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »

He's just not that chatty anymore.  Last time he was was likely the eventualyl aborted 2002 tour.  That one still had some ranting and talking to the crowd. 

To be honest, I don't miss them.  Extended rants like the April 1992 Chicago show can be sort of funny...on CD, later.  Imagine being there.  Listen to him prattle on for 5 solid minutes at a time.  Must have seemed like a week, 10 days. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:11:27 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 10:54:43 AM »

He's just not that chatty anymore.  Last time he was was likely the eventually aborted 2002 tour.  That one still had some ranting and talking to the crowd. 

To be honest, I don't miss them.

We miss a little communication but not that official-looking letter received sent to ticket holders around 2002. It was very short and to the point saying the tour has been aborted rant
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »

I know it won't happen as axl and GNR 2017 is a different animal to GNR 1991-92 but I'd love if there was no introduction from Mcbob and they just started playing from where they left off during rocket queen the last time. Or else during rocket queen axl says "thanks to the lame ass security I'm going home" and the band stop playing for a second and then start again.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 11:54:47 AM »

I know it won't happen as axl and GNR 2017 is a different animal to GNR 1991-92 but I'd love if there was no introduction from Mcbob and they just started playing from where they left off during rocket queen the last time. Or else during rocket queen axl says "thanks to the lame ass security I'm going home" and the band stop playing for a second and then start again.

HAHA, the crowd would probably have 300-400 seats ripped out of the stadium before the guitars kicked back in...
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »

HAHA, the crowd would probably have 300-400 seats ripped out of the stadium before the guitars kicked back in...

That's why I said it won't happen. I think too much blame has always been put on axl for the riot in st Louis. Yes he dived into the crowd, but that was after he felt he had to do something as no one was doing anything or so axl says. Axl and GNR didn't encourage the fans to start destroying a brand new venue.

I was in Dublin in 2010 when people were throwing bottles at the stage and axl warmed them, and the people didn't stop so he walked off stage and eventually came back on but a few dickheads nearly ruined it for a lot of people that nigh.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »

That's why I said it won't happen. I think too much blame has always been put on axl for the riot in st Louis. Yes he dived into the crowd, but that was after he felt he had to do something as no one was doing anything or so axl says. Axl and GNR didn't encourage the fans to start destroying a brand new venue.

I was in Dublin in 2010 when people were throwing bottles at the stage and axl warmed them, and the people didn't stop so he walked off stage and eventually came back on but a few dickheads nearly ruined it for a lot of people that nigh.

Surely too much blame as such but at least the formal charges were dropped. That would've sucked big time if that hadn't happened.

I was just thinking the riot sort of started over a phone and nowadays he sees literally more than 10,000 phones where he stands Roll Eyes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 05:50:08 AM »

For those sitting on the fence with this one- looks like ticketmaster are offering discounts on tickets......

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 11:01:38 AM »

I was just thinking the riot sort of started over a phone and nowadays he sees literally more than 10,000 phones where he stands Roll Eyes

I think the difference being people don't sell iPhone pics to magazines Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: