Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:24:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  St.Louis, Missouri- July 27th
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: St.Louis, Missouri- July 27th  (Read 19119 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: July 26, 2017, 05:07:04 AM »

An interesting show, history wise.

Anyone going?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 05:59:07 AM »

It's the first show since 1991 there, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Axl will comment on it.
stlkiss
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 07:09:37 AM »

I'll be there! First time seeing them in my hometown! Can't wait!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:11:01 AM »

It's the first show since 1991 there, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Axl will comment on it.

Yep. They were 'banned from the city' after that I believe. Until this tour of course.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 07:58:12 AM »

Of course he will comment on it. Like he did about one record that was once published smoking

It's interesting though the history. Who made the decision to lift the ban, maybe the mayor? Or nobody remembered they were banned and were told never to come.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:04:54 AM by Lord Stan » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:59:42 AM »

Of course he will comment on it. Like he did about one record that was once published smoking

It's interesting though the history. Who made the decision to lift the ban, maybe the mayor? Or nobody remembered they were banned and were never told not to come.

"Oh, they're banned. HOW MUCH?! Yeah, they can come" was probably the conversation.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 08:20:58 AM »

probably as much as he keeps commenting everything since like 2012 or so Wink

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 08:55:26 AM »

As I can see on livenation.com almost whole show is soldout...Just in a couple days they sold couple thousands tickets...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 09:17:32 AM »

We'll get something like "now behave yourselves..we don't want any trouble, do we?" about three songs in. That'll be it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »

We'll get something like "now behave yourselves..we don't want any trouble, do we?" about three songs in. That'll be it.

Yep.

That's what we got in Philly last summer.  Right between 'Chinese' & 'Jungle' :

"Thanks for coming out.  Though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.  And I was the main guy with that.  But it's good to see you."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 09:48:11 AM »

Yep.

"Thanks for coming out.  Though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.  And I was the main guy with that.  But it's good to see you."

I've noticed that that's always the point in the set where he says something. Between those two songs.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 09:56:40 AM »

Yep.

I've noticed that that's always the point in the set where he says something. Between those two songs.

Sometimes you start to think this machine is a little too well oiled.

No, we don't want another riot or anyone get killed or anything. But how about some little nice gift. Little things, that is how you survive in a personal relationship.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »

He's just not that chatty anymore.  Last time he was was likely the eventualyl aborted 2002 tour.  That one still had some ranting and talking to the crowd. 

To be honest, I don't miss them.  Extended rants like the April 1992 Chicago show can be sort of funny...on CD, later.  Imagine being there.  Listen to him prattle on for 5 solid minutes at a time.  Must have seemed like a week, 10 days. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:11:27 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 10:54:43 AM »

He's just not that chatty anymore.  Last time he was was likely the eventually aborted 2002 tour.  That one still had some ranting and talking to the crowd. 

To be honest, I don't miss them.

We miss a little communication but not that official-looking letter received sent to ticket holders around 2002. It was very short and to the point saying the tour has been aborted rant
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »

I know it won't happen as axl and GNR 2017 is a different animal to GNR 1991-92 but I'd love if there was no introduction from Mcbob and they just started playing from where they left off during rocket queen the last time. Or else during rocket queen axl says "thanks to the lame ass security I'm going home" and the band stop playing for a second and then start again.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 11:54:47 AM »

I know it won't happen as axl and GNR 2017 is a different animal to GNR 1991-92 but I'd love if there was no introduction from Mcbob and they just started playing from where they left off during rocket queen the last time. Or else during rocket queen axl says "thanks to the lame ass security I'm going home" and the band stop playing for a second and then start again.

HAHA, the crowd would probably have 300-400 seats ripped out of the stadium before the guitars kicked back in...
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »

HAHA, the crowd would probably have 300-400 seats ripped out of the stadium before the guitars kicked back in...

That's why I said it won't happen. I think too much blame has always been put on axl for the riot in st Louis. Yes he dived into the crowd, but that was after he felt he had to do something as no one was doing anything or so axl says. Axl and GNR didn't encourage the fans to start destroying a brand new venue.

I was in Dublin in 2010 when people were throwing bottles at the stage and axl warmed them, and the people didn't stop so he walked off stage and eventually came back on but a few dickheads nearly ruined it for a lot of people that nigh.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »

That's why I said it won't happen. I think too much blame has always been put on axl for the riot in st Louis. Yes he dived into the crowd, but that was after he felt he had to do something as no one was doing anything or so axl says. Axl and GNR didn't encourage the fans to start destroying a brand new venue.

I was in Dublin in 2010 when people were throwing bottles at the stage and axl warmed them, and the people didn't stop so he walked off stage and eventually came back on but a few dickheads nearly ruined it for a lot of people that nigh.

Surely too much blame as such but at least the formal charges were dropped. That would've sucked big time if that hadn't happened.

I was just thinking the riot sort of started over a phone and nowadays he sees literally more than 10,000 phones where he stands Roll Eyes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 05:50:08 AM »

For those sitting on the fence with this one- looks like ticketmaster are offering discounts on tickets......

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 11:01:38 AM »

I was just thinking the riot sort of started over a phone and nowadays he sees literally more than 10,000 phones where he stands Roll Eyes

I think the difference being people don't sell iPhone pics to magazines Wink
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 11:59:46 AM »

Will be paying close attention to this show, as this might just be the most interesting thing GNR does until they finally get around to releasing an album.  yes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 12:08:17 PM »

Will be paying close attention to this show, as this might just be the most interesting thing GNR does until they finally get around to releasing an album.  yes

If it's the same set (which I firmly believe it will be) I'd say that's what we're going to be getting for the rest of the year. Any changes will be tonight or never.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »

If it's the same set (which I firmly believe it will be) I'd say that's what we're going to be getting for the rest of the year. Any changes will be tonight or never.

Oh it will absolutely be the same setlist. I'm just referring to the fact that they're playing St. Louis. After this it'll be by the numbers through November.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »

Tonight or never.... damn bro, they've finally managed to break you  Shocked no
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »

Tonight or never.... damn bro, they've finally managed to break you  Shocked no

Oh man, I know! It's out of character for me and GNR!

I take it back! haha!

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 04:22:31 PM »

What time are GNR due on stage?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »

7:30PM

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 04:51:11 PM »

7:30PM

/jarmo

Thanks. Might have to bow out of following the show online then! Not sure i can pull an allnighter again!

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 05:50:44 PM »

I don't think he will say much-he does not seem to be talking a lot-Slash and Duff have played here before. It just seems like the days of the rants are over

libertad
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2017, 08:51:27 PM »

https://www.pscp.tv/BittyTED/1gqxvOmQYaqKB

https://www.pscp.tv/Tronjon76/1PlKQYlbkdnKE

https://www.pscp.tv/GungHoLiving/1vAxRNlvDYzxl

https://www.pscp.tv/bw1605/1yNGamDZgllGj

https://www.pscp.tv/mrbrownstone1/1yNGamDZWzjGj?

https://www.facebook.com/brian.d.knott/videos/10213756351363337/

https://www.facebook.com/100001235599008/videos/1543068835744288/

https://www.pscp.tv/mrbrownstone1/1gqGvOmQYvjJB

https://www.facebook.com/scott.clark.735/videos/10209649839668084/

Sound isn't good but...  https://www.pscp.tv/KivyOrtega/1jMJgPzmoMXxL
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:08:13 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 12:51:34 AM »

I think this one's correct.

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory / Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Speak Softly, Love
Sweet Child o' Mine
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here
Layla / November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Sorry
Patience
Whole Lotta Rosie
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
mpkline07
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 01:17:22 AM »

I can only hope we get a set list like this on Sunday...29 songs...are you kidding me!!
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 06:51:35 AM »

Setlist was a reward to St Louis.  I think they played everything for the city, and I don't think that will be each show.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2017, 06:56:59 AM »

Setlist was a reward to St Louis.  I think they played everything for the city, and I don't think that will be each show.

Similar sets were sometimes played in Europe as well. I don't think this really had much to do with St. Louis as a city. It won't be the same in each show but can happen at any time.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2017, 07:45:16 AM »

I read on setlist.fm that Axl addressed the '91 riot before Coma. What did he say?

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 08:01:35 AM »

Am I missing something? That's the same setlist they've been doing for ages.....

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2017, 08:22:06 AM »

Am I missing something? That's the same setlist they've been doing for ages.....

The don't usually play Used to Love Her, Patience, and Don't Cry at the same show together... Patience and Don't Cry usually get swapped for one another (not every show, but more often than not).
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2017, 08:31:51 AM »

The don't usually play Used to Love Her, Patience, and Don't Cry at the same show together... Patience and Don't Cry usually get swapped for one another (not every show, but more often than not).

It's been standard for the past 10 shows or so though hasn't it? (Apart from the Apollo and maybe one other)? I see nothing in the St, Louis set out of the ordinary.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »

I would be more than happy to get that set list next Wednesday (2 August) in Denver!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2017, 09:32:30 AM »

The guy Axl attacked was at the show.

Btw, thats a huge encore  Shocked

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »

I would be more than happy to get that set list next Wednesday (2 August) in Denver!

You'll get it I would imagine!

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2017, 10:04:52 AM »

Did they really take the stage at 7:30?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »

Thats cool.  How do you know this?  Axl say anything about being back in St Louis?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »

Thats cool.  How do you know this?  Axl say anything about being back in St Louis?

Yeah, while it is well possible this is just stupid to spread rumours without any proof.

So, a very simple question. How do you know that.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2017, 02:44:16 PM »

Understand the "fake news"-fright. Here is an article stating the "fan" was there: https://www.alternativenation.net/fan-axl-rose-attacked-attends-guns-n-roses-st-louis-comeback/

Might be fake news though  Tongue

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2017, 07:21:39 PM »

For one night in my life I'm busy doing something else. I just had a quick look at the evidence and surely it looks legit but I'll have to get back to this ok
Lemmywinks
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2017, 02:57:11 AM »

This is the second show I've seen on this tour and it was amazing!  For all the complaining about the setlist not changing enough I got six songs here that I didn't get from the Kansas City show so I'm happy!  A few notes:

This was by far the most chatty I have seen Axl in a long long time.  Nothing like the old days, but he actually told a couple short stories and made quite a few jokes throughout the night.

-There was a lot of pot smoking going on as I smelled it throughout the show.  Axl must of noticed this because he said something along the lines of "I know you all are law abiding citizens like myself, so this smell must be of the medicinal variety." 

-He mentioned it was great to see us again and that the last time he was here was half his lifetime ago...half a fucking lifetime. 

-He told some joke about calling a girlfriend and her having 5 bodies in a meat locker.  I couldn't hear most of it unfortunately though...

-He said it was time to slow things down a little bit right before going into You Could Be Mine

-Fortus is from St Louis and when he was introducing all the bandmembers was telling everyone to go to his house for a big party after the show

-During Patience after the line where he says "sitting here on the steps cause I'd rather be alone" he coughed the word bullshit

Overall like I said it was a GREAT show.  Axl seemed so happy and was smiling and waving and giving thumbs up to people in the crowd all night and ran around like crazy and sang his ass off for 3 hours and 15 minutes.  So for everyone sitting at home bitching about the setlist not having some deeper cuts, these shows aren't for you.  29 amazing songs and people are bitching...jesus.
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2017, 06:21:27 AM »

Love the tour poster for St Louis, some fucker has a good sense of humour. "Take that" haha
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:23:15 AM by Maxi Fisher » Logged
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »

Thanks Lemmy for the insight. So this was not a regular show and St. Louis was the reason for it beer
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2017, 09:20:42 AM »

Adding to Lemmy's comments:

KOHD was dedicated to someone (Buckwheat?). I couldn't really hear what Axl said. One of Duff's friends, I think.

He also called us his "St. Louis friends".

He restarted the intro to November Rain because the piano didn't sound right.

Black Hole Sun got a good response from the crowd.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2017, 10:49:37 AM »

Good review. 

When Axl does talk, he tends to speak too softly, I've had trouble understanding him at shows i've been to over the last 10 years. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2017, 11:56:41 AM »

This is the second show I've seen on this tour and it was amazing!  For all the complaining about the setlist not changing enough I got six songs here that I didn't get from the Kansas City show so I'm happy!  A few notes:

This was by far the most chatty I have seen Axl in a long long time.  Nothing like the old days, but he actually told a couple short stories and made quite a few jokes throughout the night.

-There was a lot of pot smoking going on as I smelled it throughout the show.  Axl must of noticed this because he said something along the lines of "I know you all are law abiding citizens like myself, so this smell must be of the medicinal variety." 

-He mentioned it was great to see us again and that the last time he was here was half his lifetime ago...half a fucking lifetime. 

-He told some joke about calling a girlfriend and her having 5 bodies in a meat locker.  I couldn't hear most of it unfortunately though...

-He said it was time to slow things down a little bit right before going into You Could Be Mine

-Fortus is from St Louis and when he was introducing all the bandmembers was telling everyone to go to his house for a big party after the show

-During Patience after the line where he says "sitting here on the steps cause I'd rather be alone" he coughed the word bullshit

Overall like I said it was a GREAT show.  Axl seemed so happy and was smiling and waving and giving thumbs up to people in the crowd all night and ran around like crazy and sang his ass off for 3 hours and 15 minutes.  So for everyone sitting at home bitching about the setlist not having some deeper cuts, these shows aren't for you.  29 amazing songs and people are bitching...jesus.

sounds like a great show...Thanks for your notes..

What time did they actually take the stage? I'm going to the North Carolina show and curious what time I should arrive.

Thanks in advance.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »

Adding to Lemmy's comments:

KOHD was dedicated to someone (Buckwheat?). I couldn't really hear what Axl said. One of Duff's friends, I think.

He also called us his "St. Louis friends".

He restarted the intro to November Rain because the piano didn't sound right.

Black Hole Sun got a good response from the crowd.
Buckley is Duff and Susan's dog that sadly passed away.

Ali
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »

ah, ok. Like I said, it was hard to hear Axl's comments.

At any rate, Deftones opened. GN'R played from about 7:45pm - 11:00pm.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2017, 01:28:57 PM »

Introducing Slash...

"A partner in crime, as we return to the scene of the crime, somewhere in time...."

https://youtu.be/beArzWMtqAc?t=11m10s
cineater
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »

I had a good time.  Sorry for all those folks who got soaking wet before the show, some where there had to be a rainbow.  Axl and Richard had big smiles on their faces.  Sound was good and the encores just kept coming.  Liked the new graphics.  When did Axl's ring get so big?  Swear he's added some large diamonds to it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »

ah, ok. Like I said, it was hard to hear Axl's comments.

At any rate, Deftones opened. GN'R played from about 7:45pm - 11:00pm.

Wow.....Probably the earliest they've go on in years in the U.S.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: