Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:03:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  St.Louis, Missouri- July 27th
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: St.Louis, Missouri- July 27th  (Read 19151 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »

I would be more than happy to get that set list next Wednesday (2 August) in Denver!

You'll get it I would imagine!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2017, 10:04:52 AM »

Did they really take the stage at 7:30?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »

The guy Axl attacked was at the show.

Btw, thats a huge encore  Shocked

Thats cool.  How do you know this?  Axl say anything about being back in St Louis?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »

The guy Axl attacked was at the show.

Btw, thats a huge encore  Shocked

Thats cool.  How do you know this?  Axl say anything about being back in St Louis?

Yeah, while it is well possible this is just stupid to spread rumours without any proof.

So, a very simple question. How do you know that.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2017, 02:44:16 PM »

Understand the "fake news"-fright. Here is an article stating the "fan" was there: https://www.alternativenation.net/fan-axl-rose-attacked-attends-guns-n-roses-st-louis-comeback/

Might be fake news though  Tongue

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2017, 07:21:39 PM »

For one night in my life I'm busy doing something else. I just had a quick look at the evidence and surely it looks legit but I'll have to get back to this ok
Lemmywinks
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2017, 02:57:11 AM »

This is the second show I've seen on this tour and it was amazing!  For all the complaining about the setlist not changing enough I got six songs here that I didn't get from the Kansas City show so I'm happy!  A few notes:

This was by far the most chatty I have seen Axl in a long long time.  Nothing like the old days, but he actually told a couple short stories and made quite a few jokes throughout the night.

-There was a lot of pot smoking going on as I smelled it throughout the show.  Axl must of noticed this because he said something along the lines of "I know you all are law abiding citizens like myself, so this smell must be of the medicinal variety." 

-He mentioned it was great to see us again and that the last time he was here was half his lifetime ago...half a fucking lifetime. 

-He told some joke about calling a girlfriend and her having 5 bodies in a meat locker.  I couldn't hear most of it unfortunately though...

-He said it was time to slow things down a little bit right before going into You Could Be Mine

-Fortus is from St Louis and when he was introducing all the bandmembers was telling everyone to go to his house for a big party after the show

-During Patience after the line where he says "sitting here on the steps cause I'd rather be alone" he coughed the word bullshit

Overall like I said it was a GREAT show.  Axl seemed so happy and was smiling and waving and giving thumbs up to people in the crowd all night and ran around like crazy and sang his ass off for 3 hours and 15 minutes.  So for everyone sitting at home bitching about the setlist not having some deeper cuts, these shows aren't for you.  29 amazing songs and people are bitching...jesus.
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2017, 06:21:27 AM »

Love the tour poster for St Louis, some fucker has a good sense of humour. "Take that" haha
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:23:15 AM by Maxi Fisher » Logged
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »

Thanks Lemmy for the insight. So this was not a regular show and St. Louis was the reason for it beer
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2017, 09:20:42 AM »

Adding to Lemmy's comments:

KOHD was dedicated to someone (Buckwheat?). I couldn't really hear what Axl said. One of Duff's friends, I think.

He also called us his "St. Louis friends".

He restarted the intro to November Rain because the piano didn't sound right.

Black Hole Sun got a good response from the crowd.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2017, 10:49:37 AM »

Good review. 

When Axl does talk, he tends to speak too softly, I've had trouble understanding him at shows i've been to over the last 10 years. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2017, 11:56:41 AM »

This is the second show I've seen on this tour and it was amazing!  For all the complaining about the setlist not changing enough I got six songs here that I didn't get from the Kansas City show so I'm happy!  A few notes:

This was by far the most chatty I have seen Axl in a long long time.  Nothing like the old days, but he actually told a couple short stories and made quite a few jokes throughout the night.

-There was a lot of pot smoking going on as I smelled it throughout the show.  Axl must of noticed this because he said something along the lines of "I know you all are law abiding citizens like myself, so this smell must be of the medicinal variety." 

-He mentioned it was great to see us again and that the last time he was here was half his lifetime ago...half a fucking lifetime. 

-He told some joke about calling a girlfriend and her having 5 bodies in a meat locker.  I couldn't hear most of it unfortunately though...

-He said it was time to slow things down a little bit right before going into You Could Be Mine

-Fortus is from St Louis and when he was introducing all the bandmembers was telling everyone to go to his house for a big party after the show

-During Patience after the line where he says "sitting here on the steps cause I'd rather be alone" he coughed the word bullshit

Overall like I said it was a GREAT show.  Axl seemed so happy and was smiling and waving and giving thumbs up to people in the crowd all night and ran around like crazy and sang his ass off for 3 hours and 15 minutes.  So for everyone sitting at home bitching about the setlist not having some deeper cuts, these shows aren't for you.  29 amazing songs and people are bitching...jesus.

sounds like a great show...Thanks for your notes..

What time did they actually take the stage? I'm going to the North Carolina show and curious what time I should arrive.

Thanks in advance.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »

Adding to Lemmy's comments:

KOHD was dedicated to someone (Buckwheat?). I couldn't really hear what Axl said. One of Duff's friends, I think.

He also called us his "St. Louis friends".

He restarted the intro to November Rain because the piano didn't sound right.

Black Hole Sun got a good response from the crowd.
Buckley is Duff and Susan's dog that sadly passed away.

Ali
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »

ah, ok. Like I said, it was hard to hear Axl's comments.

At any rate, Deftones opened. GN'R played from about 7:45pm - 11:00pm.

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2017, 01:28:57 PM »

Introducing Slash...

"A partner in crime, as we return to the scene of the crime, somewhere in time...."

https://youtu.be/beArzWMtqAc?t=11m10s
cineater
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »

I had a good time.  Sorry for all those folks who got soaking wet before the show, some where there had to be a rainbow.  Axl and Richard had big smiles on their faces.  Sound was good and the encores just kept coming.  Liked the new graphics.  When did Axl's ring get so big?  Swear he's added some large diamonds to it.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »

ah, ok. Like I said, it was hard to hear Axl's comments.

At any rate, Deftones opened. GN'R played from about 7:45pm - 11:00pm.

Wow.....Probably the earliest they've go on in years in the U.S.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: