Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LiveNation refers to NITL as "last tour"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: LiveNation refers to NITL as "last tour"  (Read 12008 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« on: July 29, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/guns_n_roses_are_retiring_after_the_current_tour_live_nation_hints.html

Huh

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 03:22:35 AM »

Of course he'll retire. Soon, probably on Tuesday. Or he gets a Stay of Execution.

About 100% of rumours we hear and want to believe in haven't happened. Why is this different. Of course anyone in a somewhat temporary job could be looking for something.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:30:16 AM »

If this was the case, surely it would have been mentioned in official press releases directly from GN'R.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 07:55:42 AM »

I think they would have said so since the beginning if that was the case.At least this is what most artists do when they are about to start their farewell tour. Plus Fortus was talking about new music a few days earlier. He might not be the no1 accurate source when it comes to a new release , but he is a member of the band. If he knew they are about to call it a day after the current tour, he would not say that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:57:55 AM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 08:16:58 AM »

I would not be shocked.  From the moment he agreed to this, I wonderered if it was a last ride.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 09:47:26 AM »

bullshit Alt Nation rumor....using old quotes and not realizing that "promoters" want to SELL tickets! Hook or crook they want to sell tickets.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 10:37:12 AM »

I would not be shocked.  From the moment he agreed to this, I wonderered if it was a last ride.

Me neither. But if it had been decided now and was foemal there is no way that they wouldn't be using the draw to flog tickets. Heavily.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 10:42:37 AM »

At least this is what most artists do when they are about to start their farewell tour.

Axl and most artists in the same sentence Roll Eyes

For a crime you need an opportunity and a motive. There is always the opportunity to fuck with people but Axl simply has no motive to do so.

Why would he suddenly make some unannounced stuff that he knew will affect so many people financially and otherwise.

Well for me it would help financially if I didn't have to travel to shows anymore smoking
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 11:16:17 AM »

Just mentioned in St. Louis that he hoped to see them (fans) again soon.  Doesn't sound like retirement.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 11:29:03 AM »

At least this is what most artists do when they are about to start their farewell tour.

Axl and most artists in the same sentence Roll Eyes
ok you have a point there rofl But the reason everyone says it beforehand is to boost ticket sales. Would Guns kick an opportunity to do so ? don't think so.
pretty much what alwaystired said.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:32:37 AM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 11:32:44 AM »

bullshit Alt Nation rumor....using old quotes and not realizing that "promoters" want to SELL tickets! Hook or crook they want to sell tickets.

Agreed, a subtle hint by a promoter to sell more tickets.

If this was indeed the last hurrah, it would be promoted heavily as such and  Axl wouldn't be telling audiences he will see them soon at the end of a show.

Total BS.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 11:44:43 AM »

My guess is the last leg of this current tour.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 12:12:59 PM »

Just mentioned in St. Louis that he hoped to see them (fans) again soon.  Doesn't sound like retirement.

You always have to take such comments with a grain of salt. I remember last Vegas show in June 2014 Axl said he hoped to be back later that year.

In October 2015 I saw Slash in Denver and he promised to be back "next year."

I've learned that artists say stuff to give the crowd something to wish for but in reality the words don't mean anything.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »

If this was indeed the last hurrah, it would be promoted heavily as such and  Axl wouldn't be telling audiences he will see them soon at the end of a show.

Total BS.

if the shows are sold out, how can they sell more tickets?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 01:26:59 PM »

Total BS.

They're not sold out are they? Looking at ticket sites there seems to be a lot of tickets available for every show.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 02:19:33 PM »

Meegan has already confirmed its FALSE info on her instagram account, so no retirement yet!   smoking
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »

You always have to take such comments with a grain of salt. I remember last Vegas show in June 2014 Axl said he hoped to be back later that year.

I've learned that artists say stuff to give the crowd something to wish for but in reality the words don't mean anything.

While you're correct, don't forget it's not the artist who decides where & when to preform.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 03:35:22 PM »

Total BS.

They're not sold out are they? Looking at ticket sites there seems to be a lot of tickets available for every show.
You're talking ballshit...There 2-3000 tickets left per shows...Tickets selling are very good,maybe in Denver left 5000...
There are lot fuckers and suckera who talked shit about bad selling since the tour started...And what did we have...One of the biggest tour ever...
Suck my dick fuckers
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 03:43:50 PM »

While you're correct, don't forget it's not the artist who decides where & when to preform.

This exactly. I'm quite unsure why people think otherwise. Even Axl doesn't say, hey, I'll go there next February.

Like many in normal jobs he must wait to know when and where are his shifts. Of course some wishes can be made and others will see if that is possible or not.

If you are unhappy take a sick day or try to change shifts with someone.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 03:48:18 PM »

Total BS.

You're talking ballshit...There 2-3000 tickets left per shows...Tickets selling are very good,maybe in Denver left 5000...
There are lot fuckers and suckera who talked shit about bad selling since the tour started...And what did we have...One of the biggest tour ever...
Suck my dick fuckers

What's your problem? Why come in a discusion and post that? Get a fucking grip pal.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: