Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LiveNation refers to NITL as "last tour"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: LiveNation refers to NITL as "last tour"  (Read 12005 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »

bullshit Alt Nation rumor....using old quotes and not realizing that "promoters" want to SELL tickets! Hook or crook they want to sell tickets.

Agreed, a subtle hint by a promoter to sell more tickets.

If this was indeed the last hurrah, it would be promoted heavily as such and  Axl wouldn't be telling audiences he will see them soon at the end of a show.

Total BS.

if the shows are sold out, how can they sell more tickets?

They're not sold out are they? Looking at ticket sites there seems to be a lot of tickets available for every show.
You're talking ballshit...There 2-3000 tickets left per shows...Tickets selling are very good,maybe in Denver left 5000...
There are lot fuckers and suckera who talked shit about bad selling since the tour started...And what did we have...One of the biggest tour ever...
Suck my dick fuckers

What's your problem? Why come in a discusion and post that? Get a fucking grip pal.
Because you're fuckin haters...
I heard you whole fuckin tour with ballshit" Ticket selling is poor,Axl is weak,blablabla"

Fuck you haters
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »

Just mentioned in St. Louis that he hoped to see them (fans) again soon.  Doesn't sound like retirement.

You always have to take such comments with a grain of salt. I remember last Vegas show in June 2014 Axl said he hoped to be back later that year.

In October 2015 I saw Slash in Denver and he promised to be back "next year."

I've learned that artists say stuff to give the crowd something to wish for but in reality the words don't mean anything.

While you're correct, don't forget it's not the artist who decides where & when to preform.

So I am exactly right. The words mean nothing.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 04:10:26 PM »

bullshit Alt Nation rumor....using old quotes and not realizing that "promoters" want to SELL tickets! Hook or crook they want to sell tickets.

If this was indeed the last hurrah, it would be promoted heavily as such and  Axl wouldn't be telling audiences he will see them soon at the end of a show.

Total BS.

They're not sold out are they? Looking at ticket sites there seems to be a lot of tickets available for every show.
You're talking ballshit...There 2-3000 tickets left per shows...Tickets selling are very good,maybe in Denver left 5000...
There are lot fuckers and suckera who talked shit about bad selling since the tour started...And what did we have...One of the biggest tour ever...
Suck my dick fuckers

What's your problem? Why come in a discusion and post that? Get a fucking grip pal.
I heard you whole fuckin tour with ballshit" Ticket selling is poor,Axl is weak,blablabla"

Fuck you haters

Oh, yeah. We're all hating every moment of this tour.Nothing but wall to wall hate here. That's why we all come here. We love to hate. All of us.

By the way- it's BULLSHIT. Not 'ballshit'. If you're going to come and throw insults at a message board from behind a keyboard, you may as well do it right.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 04:13:16 PM »

Just mentioned in St. Louis that he hoped to see them (fans) again soon.  Doesn't sound like retirement.

You always have to take such comments with a grain of salt. I remember last Vegas show in June 2014 Axl said he hoped to be back later that year.

I've learned that artists say stuff to give the crowd something to wish for but in reality the words don't mean anything.

While you're correct, don't forget it's not the artist who decides where & when to preform.

What on earth are you talking about. Of course they don't.

Have you ever been to a concert where the band says good night and suddenly comes back on stage just a little later. Fuckin' liars, they said this is it and then more songs.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 05:09:08 PM »

Have you ever been to a concert where the band says good night and suddenly comes back on stage just a little later. Fuckin' liars, they said this is it and then more songs.

LMFAO rofl

I guess they do mean it (as in wishful thinking maybe?) but it's not up to them.
Like when you meet an old friend and you say "man, we need to get together more often" - but life (and sometimes wife) have other plans for you
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 05:11:31 PM »

Total BS.

Suck my dick fuckers

Fuck you haters

It seem that you read what you want, between selected lines....
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 05:43:51 PM »

Slash's GF has denied it and said they don't know what LiveNation is talking about

Make of that what you will
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 05:56:49 PM »

LMFAO rofl

I guess they do mean it (as in wishful thinking maybe?) but it's not up to them.
Like when you meet an old friend and you say "man, we need to get together more often" - but life (and sometimes wife) have other plans for you

Surely they do as such. But it's like when you travel to a some smaller place as a tourist. You have an amazing week, lots of relaxing, nice pubs and bars, great sex with the wife and life looks happy.

You swear I'll be back.

Then the next holiday comes and you are still with her. But still, what do we do this year, where do we go now? Both agree it was great they might even look at some photos but let's do something else this year.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 06:00:34 PM »

I don't know if this will be the end but lets consider this. When this tour does end what is next for everyone does axl continue his work with ac/dc? does slash go back to myles to work on their music? This probably would be the last time they tour with this setlist of music where its about the classics. But it could be the last time they tour for quite a while enjoy these shows while you can because as everyone who has followed this band should know by now nothing is unthinkable.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »

I don't know if this will be the end but lets consider this. When this tour does end what is next for everyone does axl continue his work with ac/dc? does slash go back to myles to work on their music? This probably would be the last time they tour with this setlist of music where its about the classics. But it could be the last time they tour for quite a while enjoy these shows while you can because as everyone who has followed this band should know by now nothing is unthinkable.

True. You can't say these will definitely be the last shows. You equally can't say they definitely WON'T be the last shows. That's the way things go.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 06:06:47 PM »

I would also add this everyone who you talk to inside the band says that Axl is extremely loyal to his guys. If this were to be the last time they tour everyone in the band already knows what the foreseeable future is for GNR. Obviously nobody outside of Axl, Slash or maybe Duff would be the ones to come out whenever and say ok this is it. So until we hear from any of the big 3 just go along for the ride.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 07:07:48 PM »

I would also add this everyone who you talk to inside the band says that Axl is extremely loyal to his guys.

Never met him in person at least yet but he really seems to be a genuinely nice, generous guy. That is not a show act but who I believe he is. A grown up adult, all of us board members did some stupid things, little or large, when young.

Of course they have had some serious team meetings about what the future might hold. No one will suddenly be told you are fired tomorrow.

Surely there might be a break and no Europe next summer but that would only be good. Then return with the biggest ever bang, even bigger than Slash and Duff are back.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2017, 08:28:17 PM »

Nah, they're just getting started. The future is big and  bright. They are unstoppable now.
I'm sure the new Kid Rock single "Greatest Show on Earth" and the rising popularity of Greta Van Fleet's "Highway Tune" are inspiring Guns to get back in the studio and write and record a raw rock n roll record with swing, groove, sex appeal, and attitude. Rock has been dead since GNR because it has grown too dark, soulless, depressing, stiff, creepy, macho, and heavy. It has lost its loose, bluesy sex appeal, swing, and groove. GNR have it. It's time to unleash some real rock n roll upon the world and rise to the top of the rock charts AND Billboard Hot 100. Make rock n roll have some loose, sexy jive and swinging riffs and it could overthrow EDM and hip hop.
The rock world has been stale and dull for too long. With Kid Rock and Greta Van Fleet rising to the top of the charts during GNR's massive tour; it is evidence that the world wants hard rock n roll to be the mainstream music again.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 02:04:16 AM »

LMFAO rofl

Surely they do as such. But it's like when you travel to a some smaller place as a tourist. You have an amazing week, lots of relaxing, nice pubs and bars, great sex with the wife and life looks happy.

You swear I'll be back.

Then the next holiday comes and you are still with her. But still, what do we do this year, where do we go now? Both agree it was great they might even look at some photos but let's do something else this year.

Kinda lost me there.. Roll Eyes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 04:44:43 AM »

Nah, they're just getting started. The future is big and  bright. They are unstoppable now.
I'm sure the new Kid Rock single "Greatest Show on Earth" and the rising popularity of Greta Van Fleet's "Highway Tune" are inspiring Guns to get back in the studio and write and record a raw rock n roll record with swing, groove, sex appeal, and attitude. Rock has been dead since GNR because it has grown too dark, soulless, depressing, stiff, creepy, macho, and heavy. It has lost its loose, bluesy sex appeal, swing, and groove. GNR have it. It's time to unleash some real rock n roll upon the world and rise to the top of the rock charts AND Billboard Hot 100. Make rock n roll have some loose, sexy jive and swinging riffs and it could overthrow EDM and hip hop.
The rock world has been stale and dull for too long. With Kid Rock and Greta Van Fleet rising to the top of the charts during GNR's massive tour; it is evidence that the world wants hard rock n roll to be the mainstream music again.

Wow. I jad absolutely no idea Kid Rock was still going. Not exaxtly my cup of tea!

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2017, 11:56:21 AM »

Suck my dick fuckers

Switch to decaf.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »

As a spanish translator Im pretty sure its just bad english, or a bad translation or wording inside someone's head.

For example, in spanish "Their latest tour" can be translated as "Su ?ltima gira", but "Su ?ltima gira" can also be translated as "Their last tour". Althought they should write ''Su gira m?s reciente", but when speaking, people are not so formal.

Im pretty sure from Brazilian to English there has to be similar translation traps.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:20:38 PM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »

As a spanish translator Im pretty sure its just bad english, or a bad translation or wording inside someone's head.

For example, in spanish "Their latest tour" can be translated as "Su ?ltima gira", but "Su ?ltima gira" can also be translated as "Their last tour". Althought they should write ''Su gira m?s reciente", but when speaking, people are not so formal.

Im pretty sure from Brazilian to English there has to be similar translation traps.

I didn't know Brazilian was a language at all. That could explain the trap.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:01:44 PM by Lord Stan » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2017, 02:24:14 PM »

I didn't know Brazilian was a language at all. That could explain the trap.

It can, in latinamerica we often use the name of the country when adressing the way people speak. I speak mexican and I speak tico. both are spanish, however they are not really spanish as they are not from Spain. Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2017, 08:09:50 PM »

While I don't think this is it, there is too much money to just completely walk away... I do find the new tour logo a little interesting. It is the license plate with the rusted logo on the back of a car (race car). Could that signify them driving away? Ending the race?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: