Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] U.S. Bank Stadium ? Minneapolis, MN ? July 30, 2017
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] U.S. Bank Stadium ? Minneapolis, MN ? July 30, 2017  (Read 17210 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: July 30, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »

SETLIST

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory / New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Speak Softly, Love
Sweet Child O' Mine
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here
Layla / November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:56:05 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 09:27:02 AM »

Tribute to Prince in there

Sweetness is a virtue
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 03:32:41 PM »

Love the rusty guns and roses, it's... new.

Thanks for the thread!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »

Like that logo. Where's it from?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:47:26 PM »

I believe it was created for this leg.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 05:50:19 PM »

/jarmo

Is it for the screen visuals then? Or shirts?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 05:54:55 PM »

/jarmo

I think it's instead of the bullet logo w/ the city skylines they used last year.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 05:56:50 PM »

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »

Duff McKagan
@DuffMcKagan

Soundcheck here in Minneapolis. New football stadium here is pretty damn nice!

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 06:00:13 PM »

/jarmo

I think it's instead of the bullet logo w/ the city skylines they used last year.

Ah right. Cool. Love that litho too.

ryanb964
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »

Deftones are done.
ryanb964
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 09:14:00 PM »

Looks like almost a sellout. People sitting all the way to the top row of the stadium.
ryanb964
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 09:25:57 PM »

Also, I won't be updating the set list, I'll be enjoying the show.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »

Show's starting

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/tim.enders.33/videos/1539773849398924/

https://www.facebook.com/john.kosse/videos/10156580785143986/

https://www.facebook.com/tim.enders.33/videos/1539740516068924/

https://www.facebook.com/scott.sigford/videos/1819929308024059/

https://www.facebook.com/Jimmiesmama/videos/10154920010001909/

https://www.facebook.com/russfranek/videos/10155343972811480/

https://www.facebook.com/Ritzi1991/videos/1547268685295020/

https://www.facebook.com/erin.holmes.313/videos/10213912981844747/

https://www.facebook.com/juan.a.fernandez/videos/10154688920155718/

https://www.facebook.com/sara.gilbertgreen/videos/10155300574705219/

https://www.facebook.com/kim.seeman.58/videos/115509269100898/

https://www.facebook.com/amy.schulzyetzer/videos/10214783130281454/

https://www.facebook.com/ringahdingsouf/videos/10213995717997249/

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:19:29 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 11:35:16 PM »

Sweetness is a virtue
mpkline07
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 02:38:07 AM »

Same set as St. Louis, except duff did new rose, the encore was don't cry then Rosie, the seeker, and city
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 05:18:45 AM »

Same set as St. Louis, except duff did new rose, the encore was don't cry then Rosie, the seeker, and city

Set in 1st post correct then?

Sweetness is a virtue
mpkline07
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 08:18:37 AM »

I believe so, we left after Rosie, so if someone else feels it's different please adjust, but based on my best estimation it is correct. 100% correct upto Rosie.
mpkline07
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 09:29:03 AM »

Per the Star Tribune review they played Patience in between Rosie and the seeker
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 09:35:18 AM »

Per the Star Tribune review they played Patience in between Rosie and the seeker

Yeah, they played Patience.

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 11:00:24 AM »

The show was fun, and my first time seeing them live since the NY Hammersmith shows in April of 2006.

I think the crowd in general enjoyed it, but were a bit mystified at all the cover songs. Sometimes, I think less is more and although I wish they would have played all night, a tighter setlist (maybe drop 2 or 3 of the cover songs and "Better") could have benefited the pacing a bit. I like the Chinese Democracy songs, but was clearly in the minority on that.
I'm sure the audience would have loved a song or two more off appetite, but you can't please everyone.

Slash is just unreal up there. He seems to never get a breather and for me, was clearly the star of the show. Axl did sound great though.

Very little camaraderie on stage between the band and little to no crowd interaction, but it was all about the music, which was fine by me.

Highlights for me were You Could be Mine, Used to Love Her, November Rain and Sweet Child.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 11:13:18 AM »

PAtience was indeed played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POoE3c2YJOs
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 11:29:53 AM »

The show was fun, and my first time seeing them live since the NY Hammersmith shows in April of 2006.

I think the crowd in general enjoyed it, but were a bit mystified at all the cover songs. Sometimes, I think less is more and although I wish they would have played all night, a tighter setlist (maybe drop 2 or 3 of the cover songs and "Better") could have benefited the pacing a bit. I like the Chinese Democracy songs, but was clearly in the minority on that.
I'm sure the audience would have loved a song or two more off appetite, but you can't please everyone.

Slash is just unreal up there. He seems to never get a breather and for me, was clearly the star of the show. Axl did sound great though.

Very little camaraderie on stage between the band and little to no crowd interaction, but it was all about the music, which was fine by me.

Highlights for me were You Could be Mine, Used to Love Her, November Rain and Sweet Child.

I've read a few times over the past few months people say there is little camaraderie on stage ... and in a way I agree, but what could they do to make everybody think the camaraderie was greater?

For starters, the lineup wasn't exactly created organically, so they are at a disadvantage there..

but I feel like people want Axl and Slash hanging all over each other for the majority of the show...

They definitely pump the music out like a machine... a fine oiled one.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ryanb964
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »

I thought the crowd sang really loud with the band during their hits. I drank a lot of beer last night so I was in the restroom about 5 or 6 times, and each time there were several people complaining about all the covers. They need to get rid of all of them except KOHD in my opinion. Bathroom lines and beer lines were long during Live And Let Die, and Layla/November Rain.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »

I never got to see GNR back in the 90s so i don't know how much camaraderie there was then or interaction between band members but considering they go on stage on time and Axl isn't storming off stage or jumping into crowds. What kind of interaction do people want to see a 20 min banter session between band members lol. These guys are getting ready to play almost what 2 1/2 to 3 hr shows.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 12:45:53 PM »

I never got to see GNR back in the 90s so i don't know how much camaraderie there was then or interaction between band members but considering they go on stage on time and Axl isn't storming off stage or jumping into crowds. What kind of interaction do people want to see a 20 min banter session between band members lol. These guys are getting ready to play almost what 2 1/2 to 3 hr shows.

Yeah... with all due respect to the entire band, but Axl and Slash perform their asses off and do all the majority of the heavy lifting for 3 plus hours...

It's an amazing show.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 01:32:10 PM »

I thought the crowd sang really loud with the band during their hits. I drank a lot of beer last night so I was in the restroom about 5 or 6 times, and each time there were several people complaining about all the covers. They need to get rid of all of them except KOHD in my opinion. Bathroom lines and beer lines were long during Live And Let Die, and Layla/November Rain.

I'd suggest the views of people who pay sky-high ticket prices to see a band then spend their time visiting the toilet regularly and complaining about the set aren't of too great a concern!

I mean, come on, who pays these prices then queues for the bathroom and for beer during November Rain?! Absolutely bonkers.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 01:33:09 PM »

Yeah... with all due respect to the entire band, but Axl and Slash perform their asses off and do all the majority of the heavy lifting for 3 plus hours...

It's an amazing show.

I'd argue that there is more onstage interaction between them than ever before really.....

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 01:59:42 PM »

I'd suggest the views of people who pay sky-high ticket prices to see a band then spend their time visiting the toilet regularly and complaining about the set aren't of too great a concern!

I mean, come on, who pays these prices then queues for the bathroom and for beer during November Rain?! Absolutely bonkers.

Maybe they think it's another cover song like Layla.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 02:09:32 PM »

I did, numerous times.

He was a bit chattier, for some of the shows that I'd seen, but not much. And he had about the same level of audience interaction as he has now for MOST of the shows I'd seen, back then.

There was, from my memory, a bit more band interplay back then...more eye contact, more of this kind of stuff:

But not so much that I jump into the "they hate each other, it's all for the money, sellout motherfucker" camp. 

They're putting on long, kick ass shows with blistering material. They sound GREAT, BETTER than they did in the 90's, in some cases (where they sometimes, musically, were sloppier). I'm not sure why this fandom seems to look, actively, for things to bitch about.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 04:36:09 PM »

I mean, they used to like to lean on each other a lot, but I think that may have been a result of the drunkenness...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 04:56:26 PM »

I mean, they used to like to lean on each other a lot, but I think that may have been a result of the drunkenness...

Haha! Spot on!

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 05:55:14 PM »

I legit lol at this. Too funny!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »

Just watched this nice video of Nightrain taken from up front. I didn't even know that Axl controls the air horn himself with a little wired button/switch thing.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 04:22:13 PM »

I regards to little interaction with each other, the stage is massive, and may have something to do with it. I do miss Axl talking, but I went to see Billy Joel, and sometimes he talked a bit too much.

libertad
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2017, 06:21:55 PM »

Going by the interviews that are available, as well as Slash and Duffs books, the UYI tour was a low point in the bands relationship with each other. This idea the camaraderie now is less than it was then doesn't make much sense to me.

I've seen enough.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »

For whatever reason, Slash seems to be extremely focused while he's playing. This has come up in conversation before when "we" were all commenting on how when Axl was trying to joke/mess with him on stage, Slash hardly ever acknowledged Axl's attempts. For a short period of time after that discussion, Slash seemed to go out of his way to be more animated but quickly reverted back to his more focused approach.

I don't think it has anything to do with camaraderie, I just think that at this point in time it's the style of playing that Slash seems more comfortable with.  Maybe it has something to do with having to play shows that are 3+ hours long and Slash wants to give his best on each song.

Axl does enough running around n' joking n' messing with the band that only us extreme rabid fans even take note of Slash's lesser animation.  Throw in Richard bouncing all over the place and Duff's moving around from side to side and them each taking turns hovering around Slash, it's no big deal if Slash takes a more focused approach.  Not that Slash doesn't hop around at all.  It's just less noticeable when everyone else around him is on hyper-drive.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2017, 11:54:52 PM »

I would also point out that Slash was just as focused when playing with Myles, who we know he has a very positive relationship with. I don't think I ever saw him lean on Myles or anything like that.

And also, how much interaction can a guitarist do? Both of his hands are occupied...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 02:59:22 AM »

For whatever reason, Slash seems to be extremely focused while he's playing

How about 'he has to play a 3+hour show with very complex parts, in front of the entire world each night to prove how he is still the single most relevant rock guitarist of this day and age'?  hihi

If you listen to the UYI tours and now, it's worlds apart. Then most of it was messy at best. Yeah, he could play it well on the records, but not so great irl. That's one thing that has amazed me during this tour (and also with VR and S&MKLGBQT), he's so fucking GOOD. He now delivers -every night- the quality from the recordings. You need HUGE focus for that. And the same goes for Axl and Duff (and the rest). There's not much time for fooling around when you have to deliver EVERY single night in order to shut the world up and prove why you're a legendary band.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:39:31 AM by FreddieJames » Logged

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: