Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:37:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] Sports Authority Field at Mile High ? Denver, CO ? August 2, 2017
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] Sports Authority Field at Mile High ? Denver, CO ? August 2, 2017  (Read 12827 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: August 02, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »

SETLIST

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory / Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Speak Softly, Love
Sweet Child O' Mine
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here
Layla / November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:09:54 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:02:57 PM »

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »

This arena surely has a weird name. What instance that exactly is and why do they have the naming rights smoking

Sounds like something from the 1950s.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »

This arena surely has a weird name. What instance that exactly is and why do they have the naming rights smoking

Sounds like something from the 1950s.

From wikipedia:

Many fans opposed a corporate name and wished to retain the previous venue's name, "Mile High Stadium." The Denver Post initially refused to use the Invesco label and referred to it as Mile High Stadium for several years before changing its policy and adding Invesco to articles.

On August 16, 2011, The Metropolitan Stadium District announced Invesco would immediately transfer the naming rights to Englewood, Colorado-based Sports Authority in a 25-year agreement worth $6 million per year. After Sports Authority missed two quarterly payments as a result of its March 2016 bankruptcy and subsequent liquidation, the Broncos organization and the Metropolitan Football Stadium District are seeking to terminate the naming rights contract.

In 2016, several Colorado legislators attempted to pass a bill in the Colorado State Legislature that would require the "Mile High" moniker regardless of any naming rights deal, citing the large public contribution to the stadium's construction; the bill failed to pass out of a Senate Committee in May 2016.

Sweetness is a virtue
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 07:56:23 PM »

[/quo3te]

That's a badass litho. Almost as cool as the glow in the dark one I got in New Orleans

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 08:50:36 PM »

Still a bit early

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 09:08:17 PM »

Early yes but it gives a weird insight to this that they actually have that floor seating hihi beer

That must be some rules and regulations. Could we also see what happens in the seating area mid-show.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 09:38:36 PM »

Early yes but it gives a weird insight to this that they actually have that floor seating hihi beer

That must be some rules and regulations. Could we also see what happens in the seating area mid-show.

Same arrangement as all US shows last summer.  No worries..
Although last year there were some fans towards the back who were unknowingly sold obstructed views.  Looks improved in the photo.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 09:54:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/radiosynthpop/videos/1616229861754657/

https://www.facebook.com/made.menaka/videos/1648627508490194/

https://www.facebook.com/radiosynthpop/videos/1616227628421547/

https://www.facebook.com/radiosynthpop/videos/1616175758426734/

https://www.facebook.com/francisco.arratia.3/videos/1510968155629538/

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.james.1129/videos/1346198742160461/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:59:28 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 03:15:33 AM »

Although last year there were some fans towards the back who were unknowingly sold obstructed views.  Looks improved in the photo.

This I know but we would probably have a riot in Europe or work together to get rid of these stupid chairs so we  could watch the show.

When two worlds collide it can seem funny ok
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 05:32:41 AM »

This I know but we would probably have a riot in Europe or work together to get rid of these stupid chairs so we  could watch the show.

When two worlds collide it can seem funny ok

If the Polish show had had chairs, most of them would have been flying through the air!

What;s the story with the Litho? does it have local relevance?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 06:29:54 AM »

We have this discussion a lot. No insight. No weirdness.

Seats on the floors are legally required, by fire code, in most US states and municipalities. Not all, but most.

This stems from some horrific outcomes, where venues were oversold/over capacity based off "general admission", and then a fire occurred.

Venues are allowed to have a very small number of true "unseated" general admission (and how many varies state to state, municipality to municipality). Every other ticket has to have a physical chair associated with it. This is how they prevent "cheating".

Mid show, the chairs will still be there. And if you were caught trying to move/remove them, security would remove you from the show.  So...trust me...you would not all work together to move them.  The fire marshal, or their rep on site, would (and I've seen it happen first hand) shut the show down if that happened, en masse.

It is what it is.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 06:48:48 AM »

does anyone know what time Guns took the stage (in Colorado time)? It looks like it might have been around 8 p.m. or maybe even earlier. Thanks.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 07:03:25 AM »

setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2017/sports-authority-field-at-mile-high-denver-co-6be5d206.html

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 07:30:44 AM »

We have this discussion a lot. No insight. No weirdness.

Seats on the floors are legally required, by fire code, in most US states and municipalities. Not all, but most.

This stems from some horrific outcomes, where venues were oversold/over capacity based off "general admission", and then a fire occurred.

Venues are allowed to have a very small number of true "unseated" general admission (and how many varies state to state, municipality to municipality). Every other ticket has to have a physical chair associated with it. This is how they prevent "cheating".

Mid show, the chairs will still be there. And if you were caught trying to move/remove them, security would remove you from the show.  So...trust me...you would not all work together to move them.  The fire marshal, or their rep on site, would (and I've seen it happen first hand) shut the show down if that happened, en masse.

It is what it is.

Cheers, really good stuff to know. It's just nice to be in the middle of all this. No South American craziness and no chairs. Just boring Europe with some laws of our own peace
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »

Except for this one time:

03.20.93 - Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, IA
opening act: Brian May Band
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, The Garden, Live And Let Die, Nice Boys, So Fine, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/ Pinball Wizard], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Solo, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Since I Don't Have You [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: A very rowdy crowd - before the opening act Brian May came on stage, the crowd threw all the chairs off to the side to make it general admission! This led to some huge mosh pits, especially during 'Double Talkin' Jive.' During 'So Fine,' Axl changes one of the lines to ?How could I be so high??, and then later to ?How could it be I'm so high?? 'Patience' is started after 'You're Crazy' but the bands stops it and breaks into 'Used To Love Her.' Before 'Welcome To The Jungle,' Slash plays a bit of the theme to the 'Addams Family.' The show is stopped early because Axl gets hit with something, so 'Welcome To The Jungle' is the last song.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 08:36:22 AM »

Except for this one time:

03.20.93 - Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, IA
opening act: Brian May Band
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, The Garden, Live And Let Die, Nice Boys, So Fine, Attitude, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience [w/ Pinball Wizard], Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Solo, November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Since I Don't Have You [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: A very rowdy crowd - before the opening act Brian May came on stage, the crowd threw all the chairs off to the side to make it general admission! This led to some huge mosh pits, especially during 'Double Talkin' Jive.' During 'So Fine,' Axl changes one of the lines to ?How could I be so high??, and then later to ?How could it be I'm so high?? 'Patience' is started after 'You're Crazy' but the bands stops it and breaks into 'Used To Love Her.' Before 'Welcome To The Jungle,' Slash plays a bit of the theme to the 'Addams Family.' The show is stopped early because Axl gets hit with something, so 'Welcome To The Jungle' is the last song.

93 predates a lot of the laws that were made, and a lot of the focus on the issue.  There was widespread general admission when I was younger. It started to wane a little bit in the mid 90's.

Then The Station fire happened (while Great White were performing) in 2003.  There had already been a smattering of states that made laws, due to other events that had gone on in the 90's.  But that was pretty much the last straw. Those events, and the litigation that followed, pretty much sealed the deal almost eveywhere.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:39:46 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 08:37:06 AM »

Will write fuller review when I get home in a couple of days. For now just a few notes. Show seemed sold out. Sound quality was excellent. Show went 3:10 hours. 5 song encore: don't cry, Rosie, patience, seeker, paradise. Axl sounded great. Top notch. Slash is centerpiece of show. Weather was absolutely perfect. Best Guns show I have seen. Well worth the road trip.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »

So it's not really convenient to write a long review on my phone but I figured no one will be interested in 3 days about the Denver show so I will do my best. Please excuse the typos to come . Weather was perfect, 70s with slight breeze, no humidity at all, just perfect. Show started at 7:45 and went to 10:55. When the show started stadium was not full but a few songs in it was sold out. I saw no empty seats. I had primo seat on field just behind pit. Dead center. People were really into show and whole section stood the entire time. Lots of legal weed going around.

Compared to Arlington 2016 this is what I noticed:

-new intro to Better
-new intro to Double talking, which Slash just shreds
-new intro to CD
-Slash is much more center stage and stands on monitors a lot
-Slash was highlighted at least 4-5 times on Solos and intros.

Sound quality at stadium was superb, not like Arlington.

Semi-surprises were Used to love her, Yesterday, Michelle, Don't cry.

5 song encore that I already mentioned.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: