Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:43:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] August 8th, 2017 Miami, FL
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] August 8th, 2017 Miami, FL  (Read 9073 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 03:11:16 AM »

Imagine telling people in 1987 that in 2017, Axl Rose would be advising the president to cool his head...  confused

Imagine telling people in 1987 that in 2017 donald trump would be sitting in the white house with his finger on the neclear button!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 08:58:16 AM »

Trump can be right or wrong, but specifically the korea thing will never end peacefully. Probably it's the only case in history in which population can't rise up against their leader in any sort of way... War can be postponed but somebody someday will die for this and as time goes by korea just increases its destructiveness so...i don't know, maybe trump is not the right man to lead a war against that fat cunt, but it will happen anyway... unfortunately it's just a matter of time
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:03:45 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 01:14:53 PM »

What an amazing night and show! Venue was jam packed to the rafters. I caught the whistle Axl threw at the beginning of Paradise City! I was ecstatic! Then when the show was over and crowd was taking a bow, Slash came out and threw a bottle of water right at me and I caught with one hand as I was trying to take a pic! I think he saw me catch it and I saw him laugh, because he threw it right at me, and the bottle was almost full. Must of been funny to see from his perspective. I could not believe it I caught both Axl's whistle and Slash's water bottle! what a way to top of the night!

The band was on fire. they played for 3.5 hours and played 30 songs! Axl sounded amazing, has to be one of his best vocal performances ever. Slash left everyone in a trance ripping through solos, running and jumping across the stage. the night was very hot and humid and these guys were sweating up a storm, but were full of energy throughout the show. It is really impressive how good Axl sounds, playing so many shows and singing so many songs.

It is really impressive the energy Axl, Slash, Duff, and the rest of the band  bring. I have to say Richard and Slash compliment each other and also have good chemistry together on stage. I almost feel like Richard has made Slash step up his game to another level. Slash is playing like never before. The band feels like a tight unit where their goal is to put on the best show they can for the fans, and definitely did.

My only small critique would be Franks drumming. I think he may be a talented drummer and can play the songs, but there is something missing compared to Steven and Matt. His play feels rushed and almost unnoticeable. For example when they played YCBM you barely felt his presence, on a song where drums is such a signature sound to that song.  Whereas Steven you always feel his groove and Matt you always felt his power.

I have seen GnR with CD lineup twice and now twice with Slash and Duff back in the fold. The CD lineup, where no doubt amazing musicians and always put on a great show, but this line up is on a whole other dimension. There is something about seeing Axl, Slash, and Duff that is mind blowing with the chemistry and stage presence and energy that they bring that is not replicated by anyone other than them. They bring a completely different feel and vibe to the music and the show and the crowds definitely feel it, know it, and feed off of it making for a better show.

I saw them in Vegas last year for first show and they were amazing, but you could tell that the chemistry and comfort level were not there yet. It was also a different vibe with Axl on the Dave Grohl chair. I felt that they were happy to be back together and that everyone was in good spirits and had good chemistry on stage, but they were very professional and methodical going through the show.

Whereas in this show Axl was back to running around stage, and you can tell that he, Slash and Duff, are more comfortable with each other just in the way that they interact with each other and the crowd. I think that they have been building trust among each other and that their relationship is clearly in a way better place today than it was even at the beginning of the tour, and will hopefully continue to get better. The fact that Slash and Duff are sober and Axl is showing up on time shows that these guys have grown up, respect each other, and are on the same page at this stage of their career. I think this has made a big difference in the way that they probably contemplate working with each other for touring purposes and what may happen should they record music together.

I am not sure what may happen in future regarding them recording new music and putting it out, but I would have to assume that this topic must have been discussed even prior to agreeing to engulf on this tour. We know that Slash and Duff enjoy writing and putting out music, and would probably be eager to record something new with Axl. I  think it will come down to whether Axl, is willing to get back in that space, which may be mentally exhausting for him given the challenges he went through during CD. However, he may be motivated to put out another album with Slash and Duff to see how it is received.

A few things could happen after the tour. They decide not to record and go their separate ways where Slash and Duff write their own music and tour with Loaded or Myles Kennedy. Axl may go tour with ACDC. However, if they go down this path in order to then tour again a few years down the road without new music, I am not sure it will be as successful as this tour, unless they do a full reunion with Izzy and Steven or Matt.

The other thing that could happen is that they could record new music, which I believe Axl must want to release some of the material in his vault because it appears that he has a lot of material and it would be a shame if it never sees the light of day. Additionally, if releases music with Slash and Duff I think he knows that it is bound to get a lot of hype and interest from the fans after all these years. They could also tour to promote those songs and maintain fan interest to see their live performances for new music. In doing so they could continue to play stadiums around the world and become the biggest band in the world again, which I have always felt that both Axl and Slash in particular would like to get back to, which is part of the reason they are doing this tour at this level. This would be the only way to maintain this level of interest aside from reuniting the original 5.

I am not sure if new music is around the corner, but I have to imagine Axl will want to strike while this iron is hot and since things are good with everyone in the band including Slash and Duff, the iron is scorching right now.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 02:46:21 PM »

Agreed, IDK how Frank manages to be so invisible. And for all the talk about how loud and heavy he plays, it doesn't come across as heavy as Sorum. It definitely helps that Sorum has a tighter snare that stands out better.

But IDK how much Slash, at least, wanted to get back to stadiums. There were quite a few interviews where he stated he didn't like it on the UYI tour and was so happy to go back to clubs with Snakepit. But at this point, he's done so many smaller venues with Myles, I don't think he really minds either way anymore.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »

Of the 5 shows Ive been to, this was the 2nd best. My #1 was Orlando last year.

Anyone catch Slash mooning the audience after the final bow at the very end?  He really genuinely seems to be enjoying the hell out of these shows even this far into the tour. . 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: