Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:02:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] August 30th, 2017 Edmonton, AB
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] August 30th, 2017 Edmonton, AB  (Read 16436 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 07:49:06 AM »

Looking at the setlist I can't see anything taken out- were the covers just additions?

So since early Europe we've had added. on a regular basis:

Patience AND Don't Cry (not either/or as it used to be)
Rosie
Yesterdays
Used To Love Her
WLM
I Feel Good

Sorry (semi-regularly)

So six songs more, on a nightly basis.  Is that right? Has anything LEFT the set?
Well they havent played Catcher and Raw Power in a long time, but they were never regulars.

Sorry was added during the Asia/Pacific leg. And Yesterdays and during the South America leg.

Outta Get Me was a regular on the 2016 US tour then on later it was either My Michelle or Outta. Now on the 2017 US stadium leg My Michelle is the regular one.

OK- but basically the set is about 6 songs longer? It basically seems to grow throughout the tour. A bit gutting for us Europeans!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2017, 07:55:16 AM »

Looking at the setlist I can't see anything taken out- were the covers just additions?

Rosie
Yesterdays
Used To Love Her
WLM
I Feel Good

Sorry (semi-regularly)

So six songs more, on a nightly basis.  Is that right? Has anything LEFT the set?
Well they havent played Catcher and Raw Power in a long time, but they were never regulars.

Sorry was added during the Asia/Pacific leg. And Yesterdays and during the South America leg.

Outta Get Me was a regular on the 2016 US tour then on later it was either My Michelle or Outta. Now on the 2017 US stadium leg My Michelle is the regular one.

OK- but basically the set is about 6 songs longer? It basically seems to grow throughout the tour. A bit gutting for us Europeans!
Correct.
The shows shortest shows were about 2,5h or less and longest shows have been around 3,15h or more So almost an hour more show.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »

Rosie
Yesterdays
Used To Love Her
WLM
I Feel Good

Sorry (semi-regularly)

Correct.
The shows shortest shows were about 2,5h or less and longest shows have been around 3,15h or more So almost an hour more show.

I make that more like 25 mins more!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2017, 09:08:36 AM »

Less covers more GNR please. 11 is too much...i'd say unecessary.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2017, 09:13:17 AM »

Less covers more GNR please. 11 is too much...i'd say unecessary.

I do have to admit it seems a little odd that they'd take the time to learn, practice and rehearse two more covers, given the large amounts of their own material not in the set.

Not necessarily against it, but it seems a strange decision!

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »

In fairness I don't think anyone who attends a GnR gig can accuse them of being left short changed and with only 4 albums of original material it must be hard to choose songs that actually work in an football stadium where 90% wanna hear the hits and best known songs,but 11covers on the last gig is a bit OTT ,Axl must have a massive vault  of songs stashed away in some crypt that they could throw one or two in and play more of the illusions albums ,they only played 8 from a possible 30.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »

The James Brown number was.. pretty random, don't you think?
It's nice, but not something I'd expect GN'R to play.

New theory: They're working on another covers album!
hihi

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I'd be okay with that. Covers have always been a rich rock tradition (as have cover albums). They've got a ton of stuff to choose from at this point, so why not? I don't think it would take much away from an album of original material since there'd be no songwriting process. Just go into a studio, bang out the covers they've done live over the past few years, put out a disc.
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2017, 12:19:54 PM »

Where is the New gnr songs?  Huh
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2017, 04:55:22 PM »

Not random at all for Axl. 
Over the past decade, Axl has thrown in bits n' pieces of I Got You (I Feel Good) in a number of shows.
However, as far as I know, this is the first time he has performed the entire song.

It was the topic of discussion in this thread from 2006.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=31744.0

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 05:09:06 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2017, 06:33:05 PM »

Over the past decade, Axl has thrown in bits n' pieces of I Got You (I Feel Good) in a number of shows.
However, as far as I know, this is the first time he has performed the entire song.

Hasn't it also been a warm-up soundcheck song for the band for a while?

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2017, 06:48:55 PM »

I think  i feel good  is just a "fuckin' around" song, i don't think it's really needed. Axl should do monster vocals (and this is not the case, i appreciate the soft rasp but it doesnt fit with the mood of the song) to make great this song in a hard rock concert, i think it's just out of context

Among all this covers I'd like to listen to again "sailing" by rod stewart in wich his clean voice sounds good
But I'd rather listen to something "new" (oh my god rearranged)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:55:56 PM by ITARocker » Logged
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2017, 08:00:32 PM »

Among all this covers I'd like to listen to again "sailing" by rod stewart in wich his clean voice sounds good

Right on!
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2017, 03:09:17 AM »

It's nice, but not something I'd expect GN'R to play.

New theory: They're working on another covers album!
hihi

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I'd be okay with that. Covers have always been a rich rock tradition (as have cover albums). They've got a ton of stuff to choose from at this point, so why not? I don't think it would take much away from an album of original material since there'd be no songwriting process. Just go into a studio, bang out the covers they've done live over the past few years, put out a disc.

They'd get butchered by the fan and the press if they will, but I'm totally into it
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2017, 03:12:52 AM »

Fair enough, but still, unlike other covers(KOHD, Sympathy) they just "played" it, didn't really out something of their own into it, you know?
They haven't made it a GN'R tune
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2017, 06:13:41 AM »

Fair enough, but still, unlike other covers(KOHD, Sympathy) they just "played" it, didn't really out something of their own into it, you know?

I'd agree. It was more 'covers band' than their usually style of taking covers and giving it a GNR twist. I enjoyed it, as far as it goes, but I really don't think it should be part of the regular set.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2017, 10:48:16 AM »

Right on!

A studio version of that would be awesome !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »

I think they did add something, the riff and the soloing are GNRish

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »

Wichita Line Man is awsome!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018