Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:12:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] September 3rd, 2017 George, WA
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] September 3rd, 2017 George, WA  (Read 13477 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 05:29:00 AM »

Don't think lyrics are any problem as long as it come along with some "parental advice". It is rather a good opportunity to have a nice time together. And another thing, it is not safe to say if they'll get to see Guns when they are grown ups.

I don't have kids, so don't really know but something like Get In The Ring might be a bit awkward! Or some sirt of explanation to a 5 year old as to what is going on on Rocket Queen!

As for One In A Million.......

I think kids need a little rebellion of their own to discover, in secret, and for their parents not to approve. That was part of the attraction of gnr to a 10 year old me all that time ago!

A key point though, my kid do not speak fluent English, so a lot of words he don't get. I turn down the volume sometimes too, like in the Rocket Queen solo (don't wanna explain that). But some swearwords he get, and he'll just ask if they're trying to be cool, and I say it is part of the expression in the lyrics, and that they are cool, swearing or not. It is possible I would think a little different if English were out native tongue.

I do agree with that last. But I don't think many kids would rebell with Gn'R anyway. So good for them if they learn to like some quality music through their parents.

Ah of course- in my ignorance, I'm thinking everyone speaks English, which is of course wrong. Fair enough.

I wonder- do kids still rebel with their choice of music- is that even still possible now?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 05:32:26 AM »

So far I have brought my son to 2 G n' R shows and both times there was absolutely nothing to be worried about. At both shows I had floor seats, rows 3 and 5, and each time I was lucky enough to get the isle seats as well. Having assigned seating makes it less worrisome about him getting trampled or anything. Plus he had a great view of centre stage.

At both shows ( Boston and Edmonton ) everybody was super nice and were happy to see a young kid rocking out. At the Edmonton show both Axl and Duff saw him and gave him a wave and a smile. He was dressed just like 90's Axl, aviators, plaid shirt and the kilt to boot. I'll try in post some pictures of him later.

And at the Boston show last year Kat ( G n' R's photographer ) actually asked to take his picture. Of course i said yes.

Now I wouldn't take him to an open pit/floor.  For starters that wouldn't fair to the other people there and plus he would have to be on my shoulders for the entire concert.

I have taken him to 4 concerts ( 2 G n' R, Iron Maiden and Slash and Myles) so far and it's all been a blast. It's fun to watch a little guy rock out and just enjoying the moment.

As for the music content, I don't let him listen to songs like It's so Easy or Get in the Ring. But in all honesty the odd swear in a song like Coma or Mr. Brownstone is no different than when I drive at times.

Yeah, I see your points. It can sometimes be a bit different in Europe, where we don't have so many seats.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 06:53:19 AM »

So far I have brought my son to 2 G n' R shows and both times there was absolutely nothing to be worried about. At both shows I had floor seats, rows 3 and 5, and each time I was lucky enough to get the isle seats as well. Having assigned seating makes it less worrisome about him getting trampled or anything. Plus he had a great view of centre stage.

At both shows ( Boston and Edmonton ) everybody was super nice and were happy to see a young kid rocking out. At the Edmonton show both Axl and Duff saw him and gave him a wave and a smile. He was dressed just like 90's Axl, aviators, plaid shirt and the kilt to boot. I'll try in post some pictures of him later.

And at the Boston show last year Kat ( G n' R's photographer ) actually asked to take his picture. Of course i said yes.

Now I wouldn't take him to an open pit/floor.  For starters that wouldn't fair to the other people there and plus he would have to be on my shoulders for the entire concert.

I have taken him to 4 concerts ( 2 G n' R, Iron Maiden and Slash and Myles) so far and it's all been a blast. It's fun to watch a little guy rock out and just enjoying the moment.

As for the music content, I don't let him listen to songs like It's so Easy or Get in the Ring. But in all honesty the odd swear in a song like Coma or Mr. Brownstone is no different than when I drive at times.

Nice!
I remember going to my first GN'R show when i was just shy of 11 years old, i was standing on my seat to be at the same level as others. It was super fun.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 10:53:18 AM »

Nice!
I remember going to my first GN'R show when i was just shy of 11 years old, i was standing on my seat to be at the same level as others. It was super fun.

Was that back in 1991? I was 10 then - I got the tour shirts as I wasn't allowed to go!

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 01:55:27 PM »

Nice!

Was that back in 1991? I was 10 then - I got the tour shirts as I wasn't allowed to go!

That was 2006😀.
Im 22 now.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »

Nice!

That was 2006😀.
Im 22 now.

Oh right! Assumed you were older as I remember your username being here a long time!

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »

Nice!

That was 2006😀.
Im 22 now.

Oh right! Assumed you were older as I remember your username being here a long time!
Well, i got here as i turned 15, thats when my English was good enough to write decently. So its been a while Smiley
Hence the quite 15 year oldish username Grin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:08:36 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »

From the main site:

Setlist: It?s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin? Jive, Better, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude, This I Love, Civil War, Yesterdays, Coma, Band Intros, Slash Solo (Godfather)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell cover), Used To Love Her, My Michelle, Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain, Black Hole Sun, Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain
Encore: Jam (Melissa)/Patience, I Got You (I Feel Good) (James Brown cover), Don't Cry, The Seeker, Paradise City

Notes: Axl dedicates Knockin' On Heaven's Door to his friend Sir David Tang, who recently passed away.

Edited to add:

Sir David Tang is the man who led the interview with Axl Rose last year in London.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:15:40 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »

Nice!

Haha same here!
I was 8 in 1993 and weren't allowed to go as well - my brother brought me the most beautiful bullet logo shirt I've seen at the time  love
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: