Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:48:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] August 21st, 2017 Ottawa, ON
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] August 21st, 2017 Ottawa, ON  (Read 9988 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 10:21:27 AM »

Used To Love Her and My Michelle have been played after Sweet Child at almost every show on this leg.

Fine by me.  i didn't get either of these at my show last July.  Hope to hear them in October this year

Sorry has been played only three times on this leg. Otherwise the setlists have been similar to the second part of the euro leg.

Sadly, my show last July was the first one to get this "oh, woe is me" piece of shit tune.  Please god, don't make me sit through it twice.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »

Used To Love Her and My Michelle have been played after Sweet Child at almost every show on this leg.

Fine by me.  i didn't get either of these at my show last July.  Hope to hear them in October this year

Sorry has been played only three times on this leg. Otherwise the setlists have been similar to the second part of the euro leg.

Sadly, my show last July was the first one to get this "oh, woe is me" piece of shit tune.  Please god, don't make me sit through it twice.

Which show are you at in October?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 03:01:07 PM »

Philly, 10/8

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 10:27:36 PM »

I actually like Sorry and think it is one of the best songs on CD. It is very powerful live.

On the "woe is me" theme, one could include from CD:

Better
Shacklers
This I love
Maddy
Street of Dreams
Scraped
IRS
There was a time

Shit, it's almost the whole CD. So don't pick on Sorry!  hihi

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 10:44:07 PM »

Sorry is awesome.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:55:47 PM by (t) » Logged
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 03:47:34 AM »

Sorry is a great tune musically, but the lyrics can be a bit... on the nose.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 05:22:54 AM »

Sorry is awesome, but I don't see how it fits in the encore :|
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 05:55:48 AM »

I actually like Sorry and think it is one of the best songs on CD. It is very powerful live.

Better
Shacklers
This I love
Maddy
Street of Dreams
Scraped
IRS
There was a time

Come off it- those songs are incredible! This I Love I'm not too fussed about, but the others......

I still think Better was one of the highlights of the shows I saw.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 05:56:41 AM »

Philly, 10/8

Cheers. Not keeping tabs or anything, just curious!

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 08:49:03 AM »

Sorry sounded great on the Apollo theater broadcast, but before the reunion I always thought it was one of the worst songs they performed and made for a good bathroom break.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 01:36:00 PM »

I think one Chinese song after the encore fits well. A treat for the chinese fans

Could be any song for me.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »

I'm a fan of the song Sorry too.

What I really enjoy about them playing it on the NITL tour is that as many times as everyone and their brother denies that it was directed at a certain lead guitarist who rejoined the band, IMO it's really fun as a fan to deny the denials and watch said guitarist playing the song we for the longest time all speculated it was about.  Lips Sealed

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 02:36:58 PM »

My Michelle is one of my favorite GnR songs.

I swear to holy hell they must somehow know I'm in the audience, because they skip it at my shows all the time. And this dates back to the 90's. I've seen GnR live 15 times, in various incarnations, now.  I've heard that song live exactly 3 times....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »

Better
Shacklers
This I love
Maddy
Street of Dreams
Scraped
IRS
There was a time

Come off it- those songs are incredible! This I Love I'm not too fussed about, but the others......

You totally misunderstood. I never said they were bad songs. I like them all. I was being humorous and speaking directly to theme. Get a sense of humor.

I agree about Better. Very powerful live.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2017, 06:07:36 PM »

Better
Shacklers
This I love
Maddy
Street of Dreams
Scraped
IRS
There was a time

You totally misunderstood. I never said they were bad songs. I like them all. I was being humorous and speaking directly to theme. Get a sense of humor.

Umm....pretty hard to spot humour in your post! How on earth could anyone get that you were being humourous  from those words?!

I'd wager I wasn't the only one to miss the humour in someone listing a load of songs they don't like but really do, unbeknown to the reader!

I'm of the view that the set could only be improved by more chinese material. Wonder why TWAT was off the cards after Dublin? Too difficult to nail vocally?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:13:41 PM by allwaystired » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 06:27:36 PM »

Better
Shacklers
This I love
Maddy
Street of Dreams
Scraped
IRS
There was a time

Umm....pretty hard to spot humour in your post! How on earth could anyone get that you were being humourous  from those words?!

I'd wager I wasn't the only one to miss the humour in someone listing a load of songs they don't like but really do, unbeknown to the reader!

I'm of the view that the set could only be improved by more chinese material. Wonder why TWAT was off the cards after Dublin? Too difficult to nail vocally?

I'd wager you were the only one who missed the humor in his post.

He said he actually likes Sorry, "don't pick on Sorry!" AND used the laughing smiley.  I don't know how much clearer he could have been.

Just because CD is a woe is me album doesn't mean it's a bad album or that people don't like it.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 06:39:21 PM »

Exactly. Thank you.👊

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »

Ok! I was thinking 'woe is me' referred to the way the crowd feel about hearing CD tracks, but we're talking lyrical content, right?

In that case-yeah, Sorry really is a 'woe is me' moment! But then so is a laege amount of all their material really, CD or otherwise.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2017, 07:38:03 PM »

Better
Shacklers
This I love
Maddy
Street of Dreams
Scraped
IRS
There was a time

TWAT has been a setlist rarity since it was first played in 2006 but even then with the 06-07 lineup it was only played twice!
They have played it on almost every tour since then. But only like couple times a year.
The tune sure seems like its super demanding vocal wise.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2017, 07:41:16 PM »

Better
Shacklers
This I love
Maddy
Street of Dreams
Scraped
IRS
There was a time

TWAT has been a setlist rarity since it was first played in 2006 but even then with the 06-07 lineup it was only played twice!
They have played it on almost every tour since then. But only like couple times a year.
The tune sure seems like its super demanding vocal wise.

Has it been playes on the NITL tour anywhwre other than Dublin?

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: