Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:39:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  September 23rd 2017. Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 23rd 2017. Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil  (Read 54988 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2017, 06:00:11 AM »

Apart from the techical issues Axl is really strugglin trough all the show.. He should rest his voice for a while
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2017, 06:50:58 AM »

Slept this one out due to other issues-having no joy on YouTube or anything with watching it. Anyone seen the full gig available anywhere?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2017, 06:58:51 AM »

The webcast version is on Dime but not the tv broadcast yet. I'd wait for that one.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »

The webcast version is on Dime but not the tv broadcast yet. I'd wait for that one.
both are on Dime now.

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2017, 10:12:33 AM »

I haven't use Dime in a long time and don't know how to.where is the torrent link ?
Which client you use ? (i got utorrent)

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »

Apart from the techical issues Axl is really strugglin trough all the show.. He should rest his voice for a while
Uh, no. Not true.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »

While not as good a show as the Apollo, there were clearly technical issues. They seemed to settle in by RQ.

Ali
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2017, 03:08:21 PM »

Wow what a ride! By far the longest GNR concert I ever been...and the best!!!
Axl voice sounded good from an audience standpoint, however there's been a lot of critics and bashing in the social media from the people that watched from the TV as usual....no fucks given as Duff says! For the 100k people that were actually there the vibe was amazing. Axl was in a great mood, the reported technical issues were not noticeable...i noticed some screw ups during DTJ beggining but the band were laughing at it! For fucks sake, this is rock n roll!

Axl wearing a local culture hat by the end of the concert was graet, people loved it!

I thought that The Who would join them on stage but unfortunetly that didnt happen. It was almost 4AM local time when they played The Seeker so my guess is that the old guys were already sleeping  hihi hihi

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2017, 03:43:11 PM »

Amazing Show  love Sao Paulo Sunset & After-->

CHILE

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2017, 04:52:26 PM »

I thought that The Who would join them on stage but unfortunetly that didnt happen. It was almost 4AM local time when they played The Seeker so my guess is that the old guys were already sleeping  hihi hihi

Hahahaha. There's probably some truth to this.

Does anyone have the setlist by the way?

Thanks in advance
Ali
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2017, 05:43:57 PM »

This was a better performance than 2011 (clearly IMO), and 2001. Some hiccups at first, but a nice recovery.

Ali
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2017, 05:50:14 PM »

I think Axl started rusty, but Civil War sounds very cool.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2017, 06:43:13 PM »

I'm downloading this now! Super excited we got a good quality pro shot. Haters will always hate, if they want perfection, should go to an opera show, this is rock 'n' roll. 3:30 hrs of rock 'n' roll!

With the recording screw ups of the Troubadour and Dodgers in LA, this might be easily the only pro shot we get as the band most likely won't release anything. So yeah, super pumped to have it in a few hours. The only thing is the lighting of this show. Seems so dark. But hey, not complaining!
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »

This was a better performance than 2011 (clearly IMO), and 2001. Some hiccups at first, but a nice recovery.

Ali

2011 was a 0 performance, everything is better than that, even me singing under the shower. 2001 was different but "better" in a sense, if we think it was a new band and their 2nd live performance. This performance is weak if we think about 2016 and firsts gigs of 2017... He definitely should take a break, i think its pretty normal...2 years of heavy touring kill everyone. Clean voice is weak, drive voice cracks a lot, screams are shorter & shorter... I dont know why rock in rio performances always have to suck balls since the 90s anyway  peace
Ali
Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2017, 07:33:46 PM »

Ali

2011 was a 0 performance, everything is better than that, even me singing under the shower. 2001 was different but "better" in a sense, if we think it was a new band and their 2nd live performance. This performance is weak if we think about 2016 and firsts gigs of 2017... He definitely should take a break, i think its pretty normal...2 years of heavy touring kill everyone. Clean voice is weak, drive voice cracks a lot, screams are shorter & shorter... I dont know why rock in rio performances always have to suck balls since the 90s anyway  peace
I don't agree with anything you said. peace

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2017, 07:54:54 PM »

Guess you missed the post by the fan who was actually there.  I copy n' pasted it here so you don't have to search the entire page to find it 6 posts above yours:

Wow what a ride! By far the longest GNR concert I ever been...and the best!!!
Axl voice sounded good from an audience standpoint, however there's been a lot of critics and bashing in the social media from the people that watched from the TV as usual....no fucks given as Duff says! For the 100k people that were actually there the vibe was amazing. Axl was in a great mood, the reported technical issues were not noticeable...i noticed some screw ups during DTJ beggining but the band were laughing at it! For fucks sake, this is rock n roll!

Axl wearing a local culture hat by the end of the concert was graet, people loved it!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2017, 08:40:50 PM »

I think I'm that old too. I watched the whole thing, but it was brutal. 4:30am is too much for me nowadays. Tongue

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2017, 08:56:56 PM »

Man i don't know what multishow is doing today but the site is inaccessible.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2017, 09:08:26 PM »

Man i don't know what multishow is doing today but the site is inaccessible.
Try this one: https://g1.globo.com/musica/rock-in-rio/2017/ao-vivo/rock-in-rio-2017.ghtml

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2017, 09:13:49 PM »

Jeez, some of you guys are a bit defensive of Axl... No singer is going to sound as good almost 2 years into a tour, as they did at the beginning. It's okay.

Guess you missed the post by the fan who was actually there.  I copy n' pasted it here so you don't have to search the entire page to find it 6 posts above yours:

What does being there in person have to do with anything? That's a red herring. If anything, you can more clearly make out each instrument/vocals on a good recording as opposed to live. If you're going to say his voice didn't split on the high notes in Better, frankly, you're in denial. He needs a break before he damages his voice. But he's never stopped before and that's precisely the reason he has trouble with his voice.

There's being a fan, and then there's being a sycophant.

"Don't hail me and don't idolize the ink, or I've failed in my intentions..."

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: