Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  September 23rd 2017. Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 23rd 2017. Rock In Rio, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil  (Read 54655 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2017, 10:31:19 AM »

Some of you guys really know how to put a downer on something very cool.

Would hate to go to your birthday parties...

When everything is dubbed super terrific awesome, it tends to lose credibility, no?

Give me a guy who gives praise when things are good, but not so insecure as to fail to point out when things are a little off.  That person carries more weight than some pom-pom waver who just wants to tell me everything is amazeballs, 24/7/365, and if you don't think so, you are some bad fan. 

What is that person adding to the discussion?  You can write their responses for them before they even say them, can't you?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2017, 10:33:41 AM »

Then I don't really know how to help you...

Epic is the gnr reunion itself
Cool are the 2016 shows
Great is Axl singin his ass off with ac dc

Not really cool Axl singin in rock in rio (and for the last 2 months) and even less cool: fans pretending everything is alright

If u can't notice the difference between performances well stop listening to music
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:37:57 AM by ITARocker » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:05 AM »

Then I don't really know how to help you...

Seriously - did you enjoy this show? I'm asking because of the large (and brutal) criticism it's had, and whilst I don't subscribe to the 'worst thing ever' point of view other forums look to be going in for, I certainly found it hard to sit through.

What did you like about it? I'm interested in hearing if people did like it, and why.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2017, 11:10:06 AM »

He doesn't sound as strong as he did last year.  If saying that makes me some monster, then just call me Frankenstein.

That said, I am going to to see them in 2 weeks and am still looking quite forward to it.

What gets lost in the "being there" versus soundboard is this.  You don't notice it as much when you are there.  Which is understandable, considering that anywhere from 20,000 to 60,000 people are singing along with him.  You are also more into it when you are there.

But when you listen to a soundboard recording in your living room, you don't have fans there singing along with him.  Nor are you as geeked up sitting on your couch as you would be standing in the venue live.  The weaknesses are harder to hide and easier to spot.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2017, 01:07:16 PM »

'thank you, thank you very much' hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GingerGringo92
Headliner

« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »

He doesn't sound as strong as he did last year.  If saying that makes me some monster, then just call me Frankenstein.

That said, I am going to to see them in 2 weeks and am still looking quite forward to it.

What gets lost in the "being there" versus soundboard is this.  You don't notice it as much when you are there.  Which is understandable, considering that anywhere from 20,000 to 60,000 people are singing along with him.  You are also more into it when you are there.

But when you listen to a soundboard recording in your living room, you don't have fans there singing along with him.  Nor are you as geeked up sitting on your couch as you would be standing in the venue live.  The weaknesses are harder to hide and easier to spot.

Well said. There are 11 shows before the first Toronto show. I'm really hoping he's sounding better then but I'm still excited to see them. Saw GNR in 2006 and 2010. Before estranged, civil war, and don't cry were brought back. Plus all the songs they do now.  DTJ.. Coma ..Yesterdays.. Fortus and Slash together which is fucking awesome.. Brilliant duo. I've never seen Slash or Duff live.

Getting back to the main point. Even if Axl makes a similar or worse performance in Toronto, I still have a lot to look forward to .. I get to see my favourite band for the third time with a setlist that includes 10+ songs I've never seen them play. A fusion of the original and CD lineups which I think is great! I know it's been a year and a half .. But the idea of slash playing CD songs still blows my mind. It would be awesome too have Izzy and. Steven, but the current lineup is great.

I'm sure you can tell I'm pumped lol all that being said .. There were definitely some bad moments and technical difficulties but most of it  sounded decent

Que lo mejor de mi pasado sea lo peor de tu futuro
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »

Some of you guys really know how to put a downer on something very cool.

Would hate to go to your birthday parties...

When everything is dubbed super terrific awesome, it tends to lose credibility, no?

Give me a guy who gives praise when things are good, but not so insecure as to fail to point out when things are a little off.  That person carries more weight than some pom-pom waver who just wants to tell me everything is amazeballs, 24/7/365, and if you don't think so, you are some bad fan. 

What is that person adding to the discussion?  You can write their responses for them before they even say them, can't you?

The problem with a lot of critics of the band is that they haven?t given credit when the band were doing well.
Just as you say you want a guy who isn?t always a yes man there?s plenty of always no people online. Someone with relatively realistic expectations is needed too.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2017, 04:25:25 PM »

There were times in 2012 or whenever it was where Axl did not sound good.... for him anyway..

For the entirety of this tour... he's been nothing short of amazing... 3 hour plus every night...

I didn't watch this show... but I guarantee people are over reacting to maybe him having an off night because it is Rock n Rio and how bad the last time was... and the people who are complaining about it LIVE to jump down his throat for the "mickey" voice and any other perceived fuck ups he has on a given night.

I wouldn't stress about it.

Going to all 3 MSG shows in a couple weeks.... and I am giddy about it!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »

nightrain was pretty good
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:41:59 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2017, 05:38:12 PM »

There were times in 2012 or whenever it was where Axl did not sound good.... for him anyway..

For the entirety of this tour... he's been nothing short of amazing... 3 hour plus every night...

I didn't watch this show... but I guarantee people are over reacting to maybe him having an off night because it is Rock n Rio and how bad the last time was... and the people who are complaining about it LIVE to jump down his throat for the "mickey" voice and any other perceived fuck ups he has on a given night.

You're probably right.

All 3 MSG shows?! Lucky/rich bastard!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »

This tour with this lineup has made them once again one of the biggest bands in the world. Granted Ive only seen a few snippets of this specific show, when a band has been on the road this long and plays shows that run 3+ hours, you're going to bound to have a few off moments. I just hope by December they arent hating being on the road as a tour like this would wear down anyone & hoping the chemistry between the 3 core members does not get strained. I would compare this band to someone running back to back marathons at this point.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2017, 07:22:46 PM »

You're probably right.

All 3 MSG shows?! Lucky/rich bastard!

Well I live in NYC ... and this is the Not In this Lifetime tour right? Can't take the money with you!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »

I agree this show didn't sound the best. Of the limited selection of soundboards we have, Apollo sounded pretty good imo.

I think people shouldn't "worry" about going to shows coming up, just because of the reason you mention. When you're there and is part of the energy of the whole thing, it's quite an awesome experience.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2017, 07:32:27 PM »

I'll be going to the first MSG show. I can't wait!!!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2017, 08:32:31 AM »

The problem with a lot of critics of the band is that they haven?t given credit when the band were doing well.
Just as you say you want a guy who isn?t always a yes man there?s plenty of always no people online. Someone with relatively realistic expectations is needed too.

I don't know about that.  I saw a nothing but positive reviews from last summer's tour. I can't really recall a bad one.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2017, 09:37:20 AM »

I don't know about that.  I saw a nothing but positive reviews from last summer's tour. I can't really recall a bad one.

There were a few (especially early on).  We discussed them here.  One from...Chicago, I think? And one from another smaller market (Green Bay, maybe...I can't remember exactly).  I remember us all discussing those, in particular, because they stood out so much from the other reviews.

But it's a valid point (in both directions).

I can't comment on the show....I haven't seen it yet.  Works just been too nutty, and the 23rd was our 18th wedding anniversary. Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
fangbutt
Opening Act

« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »

Definitely not their best show but there were some bright spots... Axl did a much better job on Yesterdays than usual, for example
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2017, 03:00:50 PM »

Definitely not their best show but there were some bright spots... Axl did a much better job on Yesterdays than usual, for example

Yeah, that rarely seems to be a strong one, for whatever reason.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2017, 03:10:39 PM »

Yeah, that rarely seems to be a strong one, for whatever reason.

Loved that song for years, then it struck me seeing it live this tour- it's quite a simple song really. Not much to it.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »

Yesterdays is a great song. Less is more.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: