Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NA Arena Tour Kickoff - Philly - October 8
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NA Arena Tour Kickoff - Philly - October 8  (Read 30556 times)
sandman
Legend

« on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:52 AM »

i'm getting really excited for this show, so figured i'd start a thread. curious to see if anyone on this board will be there. i'm taking my 9-year-old daughter to her first GnR show. her b-day is a few days later so it's an early celebration.

Philly has an interesting history with this band. Axl had some issues here back in the late 80's. the June 1991 show had one of the best crowds I've ever seen/heard at a guns show. Axl even commented about how crazy it was that night ("world's largest kegger"). Duff described a crazy story he had in Philly where he was looking for drugs in a bad neighborhood (he's lucky he didn't get killed). Then you had the 2002 cancellation/riot.

GnR came back (across the river) in 2011 and did played an awesome show. Then they played the Electric Factory 2-3 months later, which only holds about 2,500 people, and Axl addressed the cancellation and took some responsibility for it and apologized. Then in 2016 they played what may have been their best show on this entire reunion tour. They came out fired up, and Axl put 110% into that show. High energy and he sounded incredible, on a night that was close to 100 degrees in the stadium. he again alluded to the 2002 cancellation by saying something like "thank you for being here; I would certainly understand if you chose not to come." Not coincidentally, they played Sorry for the first time that night, so philly fans got see the first time Slash played those iconic riffs and solo.   

Now they are kicking off their NA arena tour in Philly. it should be an epic night. since the reunion, they have not played many arenas. there was Vegas and a few others earlier this year (along with the Apollo and Troubadour). So this is unbelievable having this band play smaller areas all over the US during the next couple of months. should be an awesome string of shows!  beer

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:11:17 PM »

I'm going.

What's the deal on a start time?  Is there an opening act?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 01:26:48 PM »

I'm going.

Considering it's so soon, seems like there isn't.  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 01:29:45 PM »

I'm going.

/jarmo

Well, I'm not so sure I'm hating that.

They are playing 3 hour shows these days.  Better to just get on with it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 08:11:55 AM »

I'm going.

/jarmo

Well, I'm not so sure I'm hating that.

They are playing 3 hour shows these days.  Better to just get on with it.

I agree. getting the show started by 8-8:30 would be great.

they have added openers late in the game in the past though, so I wouldn't be surprised. but it seems like a lot of big acts coming through arenas have not been bringing openers in recent years.

i'm assuming we are looking at the same set list, but it would be nice if they change things up just a little bit. especially since many attending these shows saw them last year.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 08:24:01 AM »

I imagine they'll go on at 7.30, maybe even 7, with no support act.

I can't see many setlist changes happening now really.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 09:02:37 AM »

I don't think there will be much change to the setlist either. Coming around to playing the same cities in South America again now with the same setlist, I expect the same in North America.

It seems to be the end of the tour though, and in one way it has been a consistency throughout. NITL has been a "comeback greatest hits tour", let's hope they'll build on the reunion and go in the studio come 2018.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 10:00:36 AM »

I don't think there will be much change to the setlist either. Coming around to playing the same cities in South America again now with the same setlist, I expect the same in North America.

It seems to be the end of the tour though, and in one way it has been a consistency throughout. NITL has been a "comeback greatest hits tour", let's hope they'll build on the reunion and go in the studio come 2018.

I tend to agree... while I type this I go man I hope they change it up a bit... but when I am there at the arena I won't care...it'll be a blast.

Being that I am going to three shows at the same venue... I am sure they will mix it up a little bit each night.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sandman
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »

they just released some $49 tix in Philly. previously, the cheapest was $69. many tix that were previously $109, are now $69. some very good 2nd level seats available for $69.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 10:53:58 AM »

I tend to agree... while I type this I go man I hope they change it up a bit... but when I am there at the arena I won't care...it'll be a blast.

Being that I am going to three shows at the same venue... I am sure they will mix it up a little bit each night.

Yeah, it'll be fun for you whatever they do. Half of me would be surprised if they did the same set for three shows at the same venue, the other half would be surprised if they didn't!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 10:55:03 AM »

they just released some $49 tix in Philly. previously, the cheapest was $69. many tix that were previously $109, are now $69. some very good 2nd level seats available for $69.

Struggling for sales I assume?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »

big time. unfortunately, they are not on ticketmaster so you cannot see what's available. but I've been keeping an eye on tickets and doing searches in all price levels and there are a lot of seats available.

I think the prices are just too high. all 1st level were initially $150 and up, with most being $250. all good 2nd level were over $100, close to $150 with the fees.

I've heard this show advertised on various radio stations, and I know a lot of people that are going. many of which went in 2016, so there is definitely interest in this. i think with the reduced price, they will sell a good bit more. 

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 12:20:30 PM »

big time. unfortunately, they are not on ticketmaster so you cannot see what's available. but I've been keeping an eye on tickets and doing searches in all price levels and there are a lot of seats available.

I think the prices are just too high. all 1st level were initially $150 and up, with most being $250. all good 2nd level were over $100, close to $150 with the fees.

I've heard this show advertised on various radio stations, and I know a lot of people that are going. many of which went in 2016, so there is definitely interest in this. i think with the reduced price, they will sell a good bit more. 

I've been looking a bit, out of interest, at other shows and I'd agree- sales seem slow. Combination of factors: price, casual fans have ticked the box and aren't bothered again being the main issues I think.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 12:30:00 PM »

I'll be at this show also. I originally got tickets during the resale. The tickets I got were $149 but after they fees they were like 172. Tickets for these shows have been really expensive, but thats the going rate for all concerts these days I guess.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 10:04:12 AM »

I got seats for me and Dad.  $254 a pop, up to $600 total with fees.

I don't ever bitch about what things cost, but that is nuts.  I would never pay that for anyone else.  And even this, I feel a little silly.

I believe my 2 tickets to see them in the Linc last summer was literally half that for 2 seats in a club box.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »

I wonder if we'll get a Tom Petty cover at this show, and the rest on this tour.

Aside from performing together in 1989, and the fact that they both live in Malibu, any other connections between them?

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 04:28:51 PM »

I wonder if we'll get a Tom Petty cover at this show, and the rest on this tour.

So many covers, what's one more?!

But really - I think it would be cool if they dropped any of the other covers in place of a Tom Petty song.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 06:09:50 PM »

Aside from performing together in 1989, and the fact that they both live in Malibu, any other connections between them?

Roll Eyes
Jacksonsbro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 07:44:07 PM »

We were all thinking it, he was just the one to say it...

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »

I believe we will get some sign of respect
Everyone respected Petty and their Duo was cool

I was thinking/hoping that he would bring Billy Joel out at MSG for tune as well -
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: