Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Tom Petty not expected to live throughout the day
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Petty not expected to live throughout the day  (Read 7162 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« on: October 02, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »

I wish this day would end before we get any more bad news. Many media outlets have already said he has died, but it had been updated that he is clinging to life. Doesn't look good.....  Cry

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-petty-found-unconscious-full-cardiac-arrest/

Tom Petty Found Unconscious in Full Cardiac Arrest

1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a do not resuscitate order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live throughout the day, but he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate -- the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. handled the emergency.

12:30 PM PT -- We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:46:25 PM »

Awful - Guy was the man
Did it his way

Though hearing he may be alive (barely) still

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:21:43 AM »

Its official. He passed away yesterday at 8:40PM Pacific Time.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:24:01 AM »

I heard Tom Petty's music for the first time at 9 years old. We had just gotten cable, thus we had MTV. Saw the video for You Got Lucky as it was in heavy rotation back when it first came out. Liked him ever since. 

Gone too soon.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 07:52:34 PM »

Just super shitty. Guy just finished his 40th anniversary tour like last week. Tom Petty was awesome. You just never know when your time will come. Long live his music. I still make burned cd's and made one last night with a bunch of his live songs in his honour.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 10:01:57 AM »

I still make burned cd's

wtf  confused
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 07:16:08 PM »

lol I make data cd's so i can put like 100 songs on it. Havent got down with the streaming or itunes. I've paid for enough music in my life (100's of cd's). I don't want to anymore. I know i'll have to adjust soon as they dont even sell blank cd's at walmart anymore.

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 02:29:18 AM »

Such a big loss for music. So many great songs. I wish I could have seen him once live. RIP Mr. Petty.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 08:15:57 PM »

Never saw him live either and now I'm regretting that.   

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 08:06:53 PM »

Tom Petty's Cause of Death: Accidental Overdose

Singer had been taking several pain medications, including Fentanyl patches, to treat fractured hip and other issues

After months of speculation, a medical examiner has ruled that Tom Petty died of an accidental overdose, according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner. The Hall of Fame musician had taken several pain medications, including Fentanyl, oxycodone and generic Xanax. Other medications included generic Restoril (a sleep aid) and generic Celexa (which treats depression).

The coroner's office listed Petty's official cause of death as "multisystem organ failure due to resuscitated cardiopulmonary arrest due to mixed drug toxicity," noting the singer suffered from coronary artery atherosclerosis and emphysema.

Petty had been prescribed the drugs to treat emphysema, knee issues and a fractured hip, his family said in a statement accompanying the results. Petty's coronary artery disease had been a persistent problem throughout his final tour.

"Despite this painful injury, he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury," Petty's wife Dana and daughter Adria wrote in the statement. "On the day he died, he was informed his hip had graduated to a full-on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his overuse of medication."

Petty was found unconscious and not breathing at his Malibu home on October 2nd. He was rushed to a hospital where he was placed on life support. Although he had a pulse, doctors found no brain activity when he arrived and the decision was made to pull life support. He died hours later.

The singer had recently completed a 40th anniversary tour with his band, the Heartbreakers. It was intended to be his "last trip around the country," though he told Rolling Stone he wasn't going to stop playing. "I need something to do, or I tend to be a nuisance around the house," he said.

Petty said he'd experimented with cocaine over the years ("[It] was never a good look," he told Men's Journal) and drinking ("I didn't like the taste or the buzz," he said). But it was in the late Nineties, when he was in his late 40s and two decades after he'd become a superstar, that he developed an addiction to heroin after a bitter divorce from his first wife. "Tried to go cold turkey, and that wouldn't work," he said in author Warren Zanes' book Petty: The Biography. "It's an ugly fucking thing." He sought out treatment for his addiction and remarried in 2001.

"Using heroin went against my grain," Petty said in the book. "I didn't want to be enslaved to anything. So I was always trying to figure out how to do less, and then that wouldn't work. Tried to go cold turkey, and that wouldn't work. It's an ugly fucking thing."

Since his death, several artists have paid tribute to Petty onstage. Country artist Jason Aldean dedicated some of his time as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live to sing "I Won't Back Down." Bob Dylan performed Petty's "Learning to Fly" at a concert in Broomfield, Colorado. And Dave Matthews, Emmylou Harris and others sang "Refugee" at a benefit show in Seattle. Petty's Greatest Hits album subsequently made it to the Number Two spot on the Billboard chart after his death.

He was laid to rest on October 16th at a private service in Pacific Palisades, California.

Petty's family said they hope the musician's death leads to a broader understanding of the opioid crisis. "As a family, we recognize this report may spark a further discussion on the opioid crisis and we feel that it is a healthy and necessary discussion and we hope in some way this report can save lives," they wrote. "Many people who overdose begin with a legitimate injury or simply do not understand the potency and deadly nature of these medications."

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 06:54:08 AM »

The man was dedicated to his fans.  Played his final tour with a broken hip among other issues, watching the youtube clips of the 40th anniversary tour you wouldn't know it.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:58:29 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 07:18:00 AM »

I believe it was a fracture that became a full broken hip. Not hard to see why he was taking the medications to get through the shows. Apparently the day he died he found out it was broken.  I just keep thinking why the fuck was he not in a hospital after being informed. He must have a doctor dumber then the presidents.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: