Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:53:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash getting along great, putting together new stuff
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash getting along great, putting together new stuff  (Read 16030 times)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« on: October 17, 2017, 10:05:07 PM »

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/axl-rose-parties-after-madison-square-garden-show/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=message_app

Rose, 55, was at the new Fifteen Stories rooftop lounge at Mondrian Park Avenue after Guns N? Roses? Madison Square Garden show, ?surrounded by women,? a spy said. Rose was overheard telling pals that ?he and Slash are ?getting along great? and having so much fun rocking all of their old stuff and putting together some new stuff,? the spy said. ?And that once he and Slash got past ?stubbornness? and talked to each other, everything became cool again really quickly, and reuniting was a simple decision after that.?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:21:06 PM »

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/axl-rose-parties-after-madison-square-garden-show/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=message_app

Rose, 55, was at the new Fifteen Stories rooftop lounge at Mondrian Park Avenue after Guns N? Roses? Madison Square Garden show, ?surrounded by women,? a spy said. Rose was overheard telling pals that ?he and Slash are ?getting along great? and having so much fun rocking all of their old stuff and putting together some new stuff,? the spy said. ?And that once he and Slash got past ?stubbornness? and talked to each other, everything became cool again really quickly, and reuniting was a simple decision after that.?
If this is true, this is fantastic to read.

Ali
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:27:38 PM »

I'll second that, although I'd still love to hear it on the record so we know it's legit.
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:50:15 AM »

A spy?
Whatever happened to "a source" or "friend of the band" ?
Do we actually need to spy over Axl? (the correct answer is, btw, fuck yes  hihi )

What can I say, hope it's legit Smiley
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 06:42:06 AM »

I'll second that, although I'd still love to hear it on the record so we know it's legit.

Agreed. We've been down this road so many times now, that I don't believe anything unless it happens really.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ali
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 09:35:21 AM »

The problem is GN'R isn't doing press. The fact that tour dates kept being added tells me they must be getting along fairly well.

Ali
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 12:19:18 PM »

that was a nice rumor to read.

I can't help but remembering how Slash & Duff demonized Axl after the GNR
classic band break-up, yeah it was a long time ago, and then demonized Scott
after Velvet Revolver break-up, and how they always failed to deal with singers.

but hey, good thing if now they can...that's sure a better financial option to deal with Axl.

I just hope they'll do some new music before one of them is bored by the whole thing...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:02:29 PM »

Agreed. We've been down this road so many times now, that I don't believe anything unless it happens really.
I think that was a misinterpretation. by "putting together new stuff" I guess playing ChiDem era songs live during the current tour.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »

I think that was a misinterpretation. by "putting together new stuff" I guess playing ChiDem era songs live during the current tour.

we don't really know what that means.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 03:07:33 AM »

indeed, but based on 32 years experience, we can have an educated guess.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 07:20:02 AM »

indeed, but based on 32 years experience, we can have an educated guess.

I'd also be amazed if they have had any time to 'put together' anything new. Tour has been ongoing, with quite few long breaks. Writing/recording together would take sustained time.

Also, I'm convinced that if they had entered a rehearsal/recording space together we'd know about it, in the same way we did when Axl went to ACDC audition/rehearsals. That sort of stuff always leaks. We've had nothing at all to suggest they've been doing anything like this outside of soundchecks at shows (all of which are usually overheard).

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 08:56:09 AM »

I agree. CD songs and some of the intros for a few songs are "new" (DTJ and Better) as well.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 08:57:59 AM »

I agree. CD songs and some of the intros for a few songs are "new" (DTJ and Better) as well.

There was also a lot of people hearing soundchecks of CD songs and claiming they were rehearsing 'new' songs, simply because they hadn't heard them before....

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »

It would not surprise me in the least if "new stuff" referred to the new covers the band introduced into the set list during this leg--Wichita Linemen, Black Hole Sun, Melissa. And it would surprise me if it meant new songs from the GnR camp for a new record. I do not expect that to happen. In fact, my guess is that after this tour Slash will resume his career with Myles and Conspirators, Duff will pursue his solo career, and I have no idea what Axl will do.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 05:13:03 PM »

after Velvet Revolver break-up, and how they always failed to deal with singers.

but hey, good thing if now they can...that's sure a better financial option to deal with Axl.

I just hope they'll do some new music before one of them is bored by the whole thing...

Arguably, the demonizing was a two-way street, as Axl said some pretty harsh stuff too (cancer, anyone?).

Anyway, obviously all of that is water under the bridge, as the boys have gotten along pretty well these last two years.  Regarding what "new stuff" means, literally nothing would surprise me.  Unfortunately, we're not likely to get a straight answer, but we'll have to piece together things (like Hookers and Blow announcing shows, etc.). 
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:29 PM »

Arguably, the demonizing was a two-way street, as Axl said some pretty harsh stuff too (cancer, anyone?).

I wouldn't even say it's "arguable" that the demonizing was two-way.  I'd say it undoubtedly was.  All of that stuff about the forcible contract may have been a jagged pill for Axl to swallow.  But for Slash, his mother died from cancer at about the same time that Axl made that infamous "Slash is a cancer" comment, and that definitely couldn't have been easy for Slash to take.

Either way, they both had their own sides of the fence to mend, and it's commendable that they both did it.  I certainly never though it would happen, even when the rumors started!   Tongue
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 02:35:30 AM »

Why, if they're ?getting along great?, is there no interaction or chemistry between them during live performances?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 03:50:38 AM »

Why, if they're ?getting along great?, is there no interaction or chemistry between them during live performances?

What do you want them to do, fornicate each other?

How many other bands extensively "interact" throughout a show? Definitely a minority. They're focused on the music. Hell, it's overstated how much they interacted in the past anyway.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 04:08:57 AM »

How many other bands extensively "interact" throughout a show? Definitely a minority. They're focused on the music. Hell, it's overstated how much they interacted in the past anyway.

The interaction is less than in the past.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 05:13:04 AM »

I'd disagree with that. There's far more now than there ever has been on stage I think, barring the very early days.

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 05:18:45 AM »

You have to be extremely focused to play the way Slash plays for 3+ hours. There might have been more interaction in the past, but the quality was pretty inconsistent back then. Now it's spot on every night, except for a minor mistake here and there....And they go from one song into another, so not much time in between songs either....I don't think it means anything.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 11:19:11 AM »

You mean when they used to have 3some's? Tongue hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 12:22:08 PM »

it was in 2009! long time after the band split. and probably because of the demonizing & legal issues.
you can't throw shit on someone for years without expecting some answers...

but most important thing, what I meant is their inability to deal with lead singers. Scott was very harsh
with Axl in 2006, but then in 2008 he realised what it was to work with the guys.

Slash said he wasn't enjoying the whole VR experience after 5 years in the band acting like it was GNR again...
so yeah, maybe the realised they can't stand singers but it's better to deal with that in Guns than in VR...for a lot of reasons.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:24:39 PM by DeN » Logged

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 12:46:59 PM »

But for Slash, his mother died from cancer at about the same time that Axl made that infamous "Slash is a cancer" comment, and that definitely couldn't have been easy for Slash to take.

Adding to that, when I read Slash?s book I learned that Slash?s mom took Axl into their home for awhile in the very beginnings of GNR and of Axl and Slash?s pre-success friendship.

I've seen enough.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 09:11:23 PM »

Barely. And I'd bet that much of that leaning against each other in the old days was due to drunkenness more than anything. Once they had that big UYI stage, they each mostly ran around doing their own thing.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 11:25:57 PM »

it was in 2009! long time after the band split. and probably because of the demonizing & legal issues.
you can't throw shit on someone for years without expecting some answers...

but most important thing, what I meant is their inability to deal with lead singers. Scott was very harsh
with Axl in 2006, but then in 2008 he realised what it was to work with the guys.

Slash said he wasn't enjoying the whole VR experience after 5 years in the band acting like it was GNR again...
so yeah, maybe the realised they can't stand singers but it's better to deal with that in Guns than in VR...for a lot of reasons.

Umm, I suggest you listen to some of Axl's 2000/2001 rants...he said some pretty harsh shit then too.  Point is, they all had bad blood, and they all expressed it.  They also all seem to be over it, so it's pointless to bring up the past when they clearly don't think it affects their current relationship.

As for onstage interaction, I don't know.  They seem pretty comfortable up there.  I've seen them 4 times in the last year, and Axl moves around and leans on Slash and Duff throughout.  I'd say people are reading way too much into that.  From what we know about Axl, if he didn't want to be around Slash, he wouldn't.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2017, 04:30:48 AM »

Axl and Slash seem to be little more than business partners.  I see zero chumminess. 

And if that's the best we are going to do, so be it.  We said for years all we cared about was them putting it all aside to play together.

Well, they've done what we said we'd accept.  Can't rewrite that wish now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 11:10:11 AM »

Axl and Slash seem to be little more than business partners.  I see zero chumminess. 

And if that's the best we are going to do, so be it.  We said for years all we cared about was them putting it all aside to play together.

Well, they've done what we said we'd accept.  Can't rewrite that wish now.
I think if it was just that, Slash wouldn't have gone to see him with AC/DC twice.

I don't have any illusions about them being best buds, but I think it was more cordial than you make it out to be. I wouldn't go out of my way like that for just a business partner.

Ali
DeN
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »

time will tell, if it's the case, we'll see new music coming "soon"  ok

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »

I think if it was just that, Slash wouldn't have gone to see him with AC/DC twice.

I don't have any illusions about them being best buds, but I think it was more cordial than you make it out to be. I wouldn't go out of my way like that for just a business partner.

I agree, they seem to be more than merely business partners to me.  They obviously support each other.

I think that age plays a role in their relationship if anything does.  Very few bands this age hang out with each other after the show, or at each others houses, etc.  They're older and have separate lives, families, and friends.  I doubt it's more complicated than that.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 04:29:45 AM »

in any case, hats off to Slash he's the driving element of the band these days, never played so well

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2017, 05:44:19 AM »

They are getting along very well imho...
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: