Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Liam Gallagher interviewed by Taylor Hawkins, GNR mentions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liam Gallagher interviewed by Taylor Hawkins, GNR mentions  (Read 2494 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« on: October 22, 2017, 08:12:09 PM »

Hawkins: OK, this is a funny question, Liam, and this is from me to you, and you can say whatever you want. But this is a fun
question, and it?s a question only I would ask you. My favorite band of all time, probably if I had to pick one, is the Beatles
because they?re just like the Bible to me, you know what I mean? That?s the beginning, you know. That?s everything that came
after. Anyway: Do you like Queen?

Gallagher: Do I like Queen? Uh, not really, no. I mean, I get Freddie Mercury has a great voice and all that, and obviously
they?ve got some great songs. But I do find them a bit Queen-y. [Hawkins laughs] Listen, they?re a top band and obviously
they?ve got great songs, but I dunno, man. Brian May?s guitar sound sounds like he?s got it clogged in his ass.
Hawkins: Poor Brian. I love Brian.

Gallagher: I respect him and all that, but I don?t know, man.

Hawkins: OK, that?s funny. That?s a good one. I like that. OK, next question. What about American bands? What American
bands from the ?70s, ?80s, ?90s?

Gallagher: Guns N? Roses. I do like, is it Creedence Clearwater Revival? I like them. He?s got a good voice, that John Fogerty.

Hawkins: Oh fuck, dude, we played with him. He?s fucking loud?he?s like you. He?s just fucking loud.

Gallagher: He?s got a good voice. And obviously Hendrix and all that.

Hawkins: What about when all the ?90s shit was going on, and you guys were getting ready to fight your war over there?

Gallagher: I did like Nirvana, and I liked some of the tunes. Who else was out at the time? I wasn?t a big fan of Pearl Jam.
Hawkins: Right.

Gallagher: All the grunge stuff was a bit different for me, I?ll be honest with you. There?s a few bands.

Hawkins: Few songs here and there.

Gallagher: I was kind of caught up in all the old stuff. I was kind of into the Monkees and all that when all that stuff was going down.

Hawkins: Well, it?s like you guys were kind of having your same sort of thing like what was happening in Seattle, in a way. English version.

Gallagher: Exactly. And I like Guns N? Roses. They?ve got some tunes.

Hawkins: Yeah, they do. And they?re powerful, and they still sound good on the radio today, you know? When you hear fucking
?Welcome To The Jungle? or fucking ?Sweet Child O? Mine,? it?s a classic fucking song. When Oasis came out and all these other
bands came out at the same time, and the critics they love to use this kind of a word to describe one genre, but there?s nothin? like it.

http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2017/10/09/exclusive-cover-story-excerpt-liam-gallagher-interviewed-by-foo-fighter-taylor-hawkins/

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:00:24 PM »

Just an FYI

Liam?s new album is great, really enjoying it. Cheers!

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 05:01:49 AM »

Fucking love Liams interviews. Funny shit comes out his mouth  ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print