Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:26:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  European tour summer 2018
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European tour summer 2018  (Read 62797 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »

Plays into the middle-class thing too. Evidently a lot of people have a lot of money because the stadiums still pack out, but most people I know can't afford ?100+ per ticket on a rock show no matter how much they'd like to go. Thought to myself 'okay, just this once', a trip away to Germany with my wife and that's my treat for the year...and that came back to bite me in the arse pretty quickly.  hihi

Yep- even smaller shows are really expensive now too. I just don't know who all these people are that can afford it. I saved massively for GNR shows - and I've sacrificed a lot of other gigs to go to them. You're not on your own mate- there are a lot of us out here, flat broke! feel sorry for you though, having to miss the show. 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »

Last time we got bored here waiting we talked about pizzas. Now we decorate.

Step by step I'm decorating my new home and AfD vinyl is missing. I went to a very big shopping mall that has everything. All around the world they have the same shops, maybe sometimes under a different brand.

No vinyls but then I thought let's see the compact disc section. What I found was Lies, it will easily blend in peace

I was just thinking this could be the first time I have ever paid for Lies. But now it's done motherfuckers, I even have the receipt to prove it smoking

AfD is so ubiquitous in the UK that I'm confident I could walk into even the smallest branch of HMV and find 5 vinyl copies minimum. In fact, no kidding, the supermarket Morrison's here had a little stand of vinyl around last Christmas and....you guessed it, about 10 copies of Appetite. Little 'classic albums' set-up with Sgt. Pepper, Rumors, Bat Out Of Hell, Nevermind and a couple of others. Dad gift market covered  Tongue

Music means too much to me to see it as a modern lifestyle image attachment, picked up at the same time as a new bathmat and a fucking yankee candle.

I bought a new bathmat a month ago Roll Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2018, 05:31:11 PM »

I can't see a scenario where I'll go to another concert to be honest. Priced out of the market generally - this was intended to be my last big blowout. Life takes on other concerns. From 2000-2012 I saw probably 20 concerts a year. I haven't been to one in about 2 and a half years now.

If they try a third pass through the States this fall, they won't get me again.

2016, that was a "never thought I'd see the day" type thing.  Cost what it cost.  Didn't care.

2017, it cost me even more for a smaller venue.  But, I rationalized that away thinking it could be the last time I ever see them.  I assumed they would go their separate ways after 2017.  Axl to AC/DC, Slash to Myles, Duff to wherever.

So when I saw 2018 announced, I mean, I'm happy for the Euro fans getting a second pass.  But, me, personally, I've seen this show twice now.  Think I'm good.

I'm certainly good at $300 a seat.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:54 PM »

I can't see a scenario where I'll go to another concert to be honest. Priced out of the market generally - this was intended to be my last big blowout. Life takes on other concerns. From 2000-2012 I saw probably 20 concerts a year. I haven't been to one in about 2 and a half years now.

2016, that was a "never thought I'd see the day" type thing.  Cost what it cost.  Didn't care.

2017, it cost me even more for a smaller venue.  But, I rationalized that away thinking it could be the last time I ever see them.  I assumed they would go their separate ways after 2017.  Axl to AC/DC, Slash to Myles, Duff to wherever.

So when I saw 2018 announced, I mean, I'm happy for the Euro fans getting a second pass.  But, me, personally, I've seen this show twice now.  Think I'm good.

They come back in support of new music, I'm there no matter the cost.  Otherwise I'm good.  Agreed at these costs I'm good with seeing this show twice.

Even The Stones gotta put out something new to tour once in a while.  Fresh coat of pain never hurt anyone...Except Axl. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2018, 02:52:46 AM »

If they gear all this up again in 3 years or so, even with nothing new, I'm going to go.  I'm not going to sit there and lie to myself.

Won't be quite the "event" it was this time around.  But it's still my favorite band.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2018, 03:47:04 PM »

Download Festival Madrid poster: https://downloadfestival.es/backend/public/uploads/lineup/5a6716da6cf97.jpg

Guns N' Roses, Parkway Drive, Bullet For My Valentine, Clutch, Underoath, Thrice, Mooseblood, Creeper, The Pink Slips

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2018, 04:14:55 AM »

Greetings from Warsaw, Poland. It has been unnormally cold and some trouble functioning at night. I got a little bit lost not finding my accommodation. It was always close but where. Nothing to panic about but some frustration started to grow.

Then what do I find (before home), a GNR billboard for the summer. The gig is some 200 miles down south but surely everyone wants to know about it.

It gave me great strength to find my path. The summer is here. Soon beer
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2018, 07:27:02 AM »

Finnish suburb trains are full of billboards/posters advertising the Tallinn gig  Smiley

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2018, 09:03:32 AM »

They come back in support of new music, I'm there no matter the cost.  Otherwise I'm good.  Agreed at these costs I'm good with seeing this show twice.

Even The Stones gotta put out something new to tour once in a while.  Fresh coat of pain never hurt anyone...Except Axl. 

No they don?t. They go multiple tours without albums and when they do release one they play maybe one possibly two songs from it. Most causal fans don?t care. They want the experience of seeing the band and hearing the hits.

I do agree that prices are getting ridiculous but people are willing to pay for them. I do expect Guns to come back to America one last time at smaller arenas. I?d like to see the Big Three again (I?ve caught three shows from this tour) but prices will have to drop a bit for me.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2018, 12:38:47 AM »

Finnish suburb trains are full of billboards/posters advertising the Tallinn gig  Smiley

So never mind the darkness... Cool
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2018, 08:58:32 AM »

Posted on the Download Festival Facebook:
Day tickets for Download '18 will be released on 9 APRIL!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2018, 06:23:08 AM »

Tallinn, Estonia confirmed Volbeat and The Dead Daisies as opening acts.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2018, 07:00:47 AM »

Ghost opening in Norway! And Tyler B.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2018, 07:25:04 AM »

Manic Street Preachers supporting in Berlin - one of my favourite all time bands. Wish I was going!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2018, 07:58:35 AM »

This is the info I gathered from local Live Nation offices and festivals:

June 3rd, 2018: Berlin, Germany @ Olympiastadion:
Manic Street Preachers, Greta Van Fleet

June 6th, 2018: Odense, Denmark @ Dyrskuepladsen:
Manic Street Preachers, Greta Van Fleet

June 9th, 2018: Derby, UK @ Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)
Other acts: Black Stone Cherry, Thunder,In This Moment, Inglorious, Marmozets, Monster Truck, The Pink Slips

June 12th, 2018: Gelsenkirchen, Germany @ Veltins Arena:
Manic Street Preachers, The Pink Slips

June 15th, 2018: Firenze, Italy @ Visarno Hippodrome (Firenze Rocks)
Other acts: Volbeat, Baroness, The Pink Slips

June 18th, 2018: Paris, France @ Br?tigny-sur-Orge (Download Festival)
Other acts: Volbeat, Seether, The Pink Slips, Greta Van Fleet, The G

June 21st, 2018: Dessel, Belgium (Graspop Metal Meeting)
Other acts: Black Stone Cherry, Iced Earth, Doro Pesch, Bury Tomorrow, Madball, The Pink Slips, Follow The Cipher

June 24th, 2018: Mannheim, Germany @ Maimarktgel?nde:
Rival Sons, The Pink Slips

June 26th, 2018: Bordeaux, France @ Matmut Atlantique:
Rival Sons, The Pink Slips

June 29th, 2018: Madrid, Spain @ Caja Magica (Download Festival)
Other acts: Parkway Drive, Bullet For My Valentine, Clutch, Underoath, Thrice, Mooseblood, Creeper, The Pink Slips

July 1st, 2018: Barcelona, Spain @ Estadi Ol?mpic Llu?s Companys:
Volbeat

July 4th, 2018: Nijmegen, The Netherlands @ Goffertpark:
Volbeat, Gojira

July 7th, 2018: Leipzig, Germany @ Festwiese:
Rival Sons, Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown

July 9th, 2018: Chorzow, Poland @ Stadion Slaski:
Volbeat, Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown

July 13th, 2018: Moscow, Russia @ Otkrytiye Arena

July 16th, 2018: Tallinn, Estonia @ Lauluv?ljak / Tallinn Song Festival Ground:
Volbeat, The Dead Daisies

July 19th, 2018: Oslo, Norway @ Valle Hovin:
Ghost, Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown

July 21st, 2018: Gothenburg, Sweden @ Ullevi Stadium:
To Be Announced

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2018, 08:09:49 AM »

Good research work!

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2018, 11:58:10 AM »

Thanks for that Jarmo ^^

Manics have often spoken very highly of Appetite and used to cover Its So Easy in their early gigs:

1992:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwLQ5B6QNCc
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2018, 01:14:15 PM »

Manics! Nice!!!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2018, 02:02:07 PM »

Glad to see some love for the Manics. They seem to often get derided, or at best ignored these days- but in my view they're one of the most consistently interesting bands of my lifetime.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2018, 07:08:23 PM »

Pretty cool that The Pink Slips are opening a bunch of shows. Duffs daughter plays in that band.

Manics are cool, i dig that Its So Easy cover posted here.

Greta Van Fleet are weird, they kinda seem like Led Zeppelin copy cats, that said they seem decent.

The Dead Daisies could be interesting, strong GNR connection.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »