Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:46:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  European tour summer 2018
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: European tour summer 2018  (Read 62636 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »

Anyone think a UK arena tour might come at the end of this tour? They did that when they played Download in 2006.
The fact Download hasn?t announced them as an ?exclusive? makes me wonder. Also it would sell amazingly.

Your guess is as good as mine!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2018, 07:35:20 PM »

Anyone think a UK arena tour might come at the end of this tour? They did that when they played Download in 2006.
The fact Download hasn?t announced them as an ?exclusive? makes me wonder. Also it would sell amazingly.

Your guess is as good as mine!

Thanks for the auction link, it is just over USD13,000 now and that gives a purchasing power of about $50,000 in Poland compared to richer EU countries. So this is a big donation already.

As for anyone's guess. My guess is that nobody knows as of today. Most likely or at least maybe there are some negotiations going on. People in suits will meet, lawyers will be there.

Then they will tell the world what they have decided. Nobody asks the band and they couldn't care less either. There will be some gigs or no gigs.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2018, 08:27:31 AM »

Judging by the Download Festival poster: https://downloadfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/DL-2018_1000px_MASTER_3974_FINAL2.1-900x1260.jpg

GN'R are playing on the main stage with Black Stone Cherry and Thunder.
I'm assuming In This Moment, Inglorious, Marmozets, Monster Truck and The Pink Slips might also be on the main stage.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chilly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2018, 08:36:19 AM »

I'm hoping The Temperance Movement are there on the Sat, great band, real RN'R vibe with them. Saw them live in a tiny room back in Nov, they tore the roof off.

Chill

"this is so real, like the time dave floated away..."
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2018, 09:02:33 AM »

Judging by the Download Festival poster: https://downloadfestival.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/DL-2018_1000px_MASTER_3974_FINAL2.1-900x1260.jpg

I'm assuming In This Moment, Inglorious, Marmozets, Monster Truck and The Pink Slips might also be on the main stage.

/jarmo

Possibly not- depending on how long they let GNR play for, and what time curfew is. If, as it may well be, it's 10.30, and they're given a decent amount of time to play, stage turnaround would probably have to begin at, say 6-ish? If music starts at midday, that doesn't that much time for too many other bands on the main stage, when you factor in their performance times and turnarounds too.

Pure speculation, but I'd suggest maybe 2 other acts on the main stage, before Thunder? 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2018, 09:36:37 AM »

/jarmo

Possibly not- depending on how long they let GNR play for, and what time curfew is. If, as it may well be, it's 10.30, and they're given a decent amount of time to play, stage turnaround would probably have to begin at, say 6-ish? If music starts at midday, that doesn't that much time for too many other bands on the main stage, when you factor in their performance times and turnarounds too.

Pure speculation, but I'd suggest maybe 2 other acts on the main stage, before Thunder? 

The bands listed under the big names are in alphabetical order...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2018, 10:09:35 AM »

Last year it was seven-eight acts per day on the main stage.

With the acts I listed, it would make eight.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2018, 03:01:27 PM »

/jarmo

Won't things change though if gnr are given a 3hr+ set time? Don't most headliners only get arounf 1hr 30?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2018, 03:24:03 PM »

That depends on a few things. How many minutes do the other bands play, when do they start and if/when there's a curfew.

Let's say there's a midnight curfew. GN'R could start after 8PM and have plenty of time...

When GN'R last played European festivals in 2012, they did full sets and there were about the same number of acts sharing the stage with them.

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2018, 05:18:15 PM »

That depends on a few things. How many minutes do the other bands play, when do they start and if/when there's a curfew.

Let's say there's a midnight curfew. GN'R could start after 8PM and have plenty of time...

When GN'R last played European festivals in 2012, they did full sets and there were about the same number of acts sharing the stage with them.

/jarmo

Very true. Here in the UK though we do have early curfews-epsecially for outdoor things. 11 would be the absolute latest they would get without breaking curfew i'd think. Sadly though, I won't be there to see the whow this time as I have a wedding. I'm sure my absence will be sorely felt! Haha!

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2018, 04:27:10 AM »

/jarmo

Won't things change though if gnr are given a 3hr+ set time? Don't most headliners only get arounf 1hr 30?

Am I the only one who will never attend a big festival because of this. If we need a calculator to check how many songs there might or might not be then I'm just not interested in going.

It is just not a normal show and if someone will enjoy it, please do.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2018, 06:13:22 AM »

Festivals can be good, or not so good. Depending on how you see it.

You really do get the chance to see a lot of acts during the one day (if you only go for one day to catch one headliner) or during the whole festival.

But yeah, sometimes they limit the times of the acts. Especially those who aren't headlining.

/jarmo

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2018, 12:58:01 PM »

Last time we got bored here waiting we talked about pizzas. Now we decorate.

Step by step I'm decorating my new home and AfD vinyl is missing. I went to a very big shopping mall that has everything. All around the world they have the same shops, maybe sometimes under a different brand.

No vinyls but then I thought let's see the compact disc section. What I found was Lies, it will easily blend in peace

I was just thinking this could be the first time I have ever paid for Lies. But now it's done motherfuckers, I even have the receipt to prove it smoking
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »

/jarmo

Am I the only one who will never attend a big festival because of this. If we need a calculator to check how many songs there might or might not be then I'm just not interested in going.

It is just not a normal show and if someone will enjoy it, please do.

I feel the same. For me it's more the crowds though- i've had some crap experiences watching bands surrounded by peolle who arwn't interested but just want a couple of hits to sing along to while they drink and talk. Musi festivals have changed a lot though- they used to be really full of dedicated music fabs, now they're often social events fpr the sort of people that never buy music.
Having said that- i have enjoyed some and know they have theor place-especially when it comes to helping bands make money.
Give me a bands own gig anyday though.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2018, 07:25:39 AM »

Yeah, the crowds are definitely different.

But to be honest, when you do any big shows, you'll always have a certain element of the crowd who are mainly there for the big hits. This is true for any act.

/jarmo

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2018, 04:29:21 AM »

Step by step I'm decorating my new home and AfD vinyl is missing. I went to a very big shopping mall that has everything. All around the world they have the same shops, maybe sometimes under a different brand.

No vinyls but then I thought let's see the compact disc section. What I found was Lies, it will easily blend in peace

I was just thinking this could be the first time I have ever paid for Lies. But now it's done motherfuckers, I even have the receipt to prove it smoking

AfD is so ubiquitous in the UK that I'm confident I could walk into even the smallest branch of HMV and find 5 vinyl copies minimum. In fact, no kidding, the supermarket Morrison's here had a little stand of vinyl around last Christmas and....you guessed it, about 10 copies of Appetite. Little 'classic albums' set-up with Sgt. Pepper, Rumors, Bat Out Of Hell, Nevermind and a couple of others. Dad gift market covered  Tongue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2018, 07:33:29 AM »

AfD is so ubiquitous in the UK that I'm confident I could walk into even the smallest branch of HMV and find 5 vinyl copies minimum. In fact, no kidding, the supermarket Morrison's here had a little stand of vinyl around last Christmas and....you guessed it, about 10 copies of Appetite. Little 'classic albums' set-up with Sgt. Pepper, Rumors, Bat Out Of Hell, Nevermind and a couple of others. Dad gift market covered  Tongue

We live in the past here. It's really hard to find anything new - but old stuff is EVERYWHERE and seems to be all people buy. I find it pretty depressing really - I mean, I like a lot of these albums, but when I see them stacked up next to Baked Beans in a supermarket, with dull-looking middle aged couples flicking through them, I can't help but feel that something great is being lost. Vinyl has become a weird a weird middle-class fashion accessory- no Ikea-clad perfectly tidy and characterless house is complete without one of those record players that open up out of a case now, and about ten records next to it. I've no idea how or why things like Appetite and Nevermind have slipped into that bracket, but I sure as hell don't like seeing them in it! Can't wait until that dies down and I'm back to picking old records up for pennies in charity shops!

Music means too much to me to see it as a modern lifestyle image attachment, picked up at the same time as a new bathmat and a fucking yankee candle.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2018, 08:22:22 AM »

In some ways I agree, but we have to remember the original audience for those albums are now the middle-aged couples shopping for baked beans. And their lives now have other concerns and they probably haven't set foot in a record store in 10 years+. Seeing that might at least bring some memories back. We can't all rock forever.

To that end, if anyone wants some tix for Mannheim at a knock-down price, check my thread in the On Tour section. Sorry to mention it here but I'm in an absolutely desperate situation and need to get them sold ASAP.

I can't see a scenario where I'll go to another concert to be honest. Priced out of the market generally - this was intended to be my last big blowout. Life takes on other concerns. From 2000-2012 I saw probably 20 concerts a year. I haven't been to one in about 2 and a half years now.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2018, 08:36:50 AM »

In some ways I agree, but we have to remember the original audience for those albums are now the middle-aged couples shopping for baked beans. And their lives now have other concerns and they probably haven't set foot in a record store in 10 years+. Seeing that might at least bring some memories back. We can't all rock forever.

To that end, if anyone wants some tix for Mannheim at a knock-down price, check my thread in the On Tour section. Sorry to mention it here but I'm in an absolutely desperate situation and need to get them sold ASAP.

I can't see a scenario where I'll go to another concert to be honest. Priced out of the market generally - this was intended to be my last big blowout. Life takes on other concerns. From 2000-2012 I saw probably 20 concerts a year. I haven't been to one in about 2 and a half years now.

Haha! Maybe that's what depresses me! Being greeted with reality......I've probably got too much fire in me still to even get angry about these things!

Weird you mention that- I was just ten minutes ago saying how I feel priced out of live music to a friend, and how sad I was about that. Things have got crazy now, to the point where I wonder who goes to concerts and big music events. I certainly can't go to as many as I did- and the thing holding me back is the price of them. In the 90s and 2000s I had so much less money, but used to go to so many concerts due to them being affordable.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2018, 08:47:01 AM »

Plays into the middle-class thing too. Evidently a lot of people have a lot of money because the stadiums still pack out, but most people I know can't afford ?100+ per ticket on a rock show no matter how much they'd like to go. Thought to myself 'okay, just this once', a trip away to Germany with my wife and that's my treat for the year...and that came back to bite me in the arse pretty quickly.  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: