Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots reveal new singer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots reveal new singer  (Read 5285 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« on: November 16, 2017, 07:20:02 AM »

This sounds promising and the new vocalist seems to fit well ( judging from the one new song anyway ).

Stone Temple Pilots reveal new singer Jeff Gutt

Stone Temple Pilots announce that their new frontman is former X Factor contestant Jeff Gutt - listen to brand new track Meadow
Stone Temple Pilots have revealed the identity of their new singer.

It was rumoured in November last year that the band had recruited former X Factor contestant Jeff Gutt ? and it?s now been confirmed that it is indeed Gutt who will be behind the mic going forward.

The vocalist made his live debut with the band last night at a private show at the Troubadour in Los Angeles, where among other songs, they premiered their new track Meadow, which can be heard below.

Gutt has spent the last year writing and recording with founding members Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz, with a new, as-yet-untitled album due in spring 2018 via Atlantic/Rhino to coincide with a planned North American tour.

Dean DeLeo says: ?We wanted someone who would not only do our earlier songs justice, but would also write new songs and carve out a different path forward with us. It took some time, but we found our guy.?

Stone Temple Pilots launched a worldwide search for a new vocalist in February 2016 after Chester Bennington left the band to concentrate on Linkin Park. The band received and reviewed 15,000 submissions online before selecting more than 30 singers to audition in person with the group at Studio 606 in LA.

Gutt sang with the band on the last day of auditions and was the only one who hadn?t submitted music online. Instead, he was invited after Robert DeLeo heard about Gutt after DeLeo had played a show in Detroit with Hollywood Vampires.

Robert DeLeo says: ?Talk about a happy accident. It was clear right away that Jeff had the range to sing vocally challenging songs like Piece Of Pie and Interstate Love Song. But we soon discovered that he also has a great ear for melody and knew how to write a song.?

Kretz adds: ?The chemistry was there from the start, and Jeff kept coming up with one great melody after another. We ended up finishing 14 songs, which is the most that Stone Temple Pilots has ever recorded for an album."

more: http://teamrock.com/news/2017-11-15/stone-temple-pilots-reveal-new-singer-jeff-gutt

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 04:23:19 PM »

Good for them.  New song is pretty unremarkable on first listen though.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 04:40:12 AM »

After some hesitation i bought the album and im happy to say that the album is excellent. Its on par with earlier STP albums
the lead single Meadow dosent give the album justice in my opinion.

A bit later i got the chance to see them live earlier this month in Tokyo and they blew me away.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:03:35 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 07:12:11 PM »

New album is garbage STP IS SCOTT Weiland and they can fuck off with this reality TV singer

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »

New album is garbage STP IS SCOTT Weiland and they can fuck off with this reality TV singer

I really don't understand some of the praise I've seen for the album.  It's just really bland rock, a lot like the songs they did with Chester.  I'm sure Scott was a pain in the ass but STP should have just moved on to other projects instead of trying to work with replacement singers.

Problem is, like most aging rock stars, they probably need the money and nothing they've done outside of STP has made any.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 06:53:18 PM »

The lead single came and went and honestly hadn't taken notice of anything else off this newer album.

Good for them to keep things going but Scott has that spark that subsequent singers in that band haven't came close to regardless of the issues Scott had in his life.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: