Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:43:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  AC/DC MALCOLM YOUNG DEAD AT 64
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AC/DC MALCOLM YOUNG DEAD AT 64  (Read 4855 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: November 18, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »

God rest his soul.  Cry

AC/DC MALCOLM YOUNG
DEAD AT 64

Malcolm Young, the co-founder of the legendary rock group AC/DC has died.

Young had been suffering from dementia for several years and it appears the condition contributed to his death. The band says Malcolm died Saturday peacefully with his family by his bedside.

Malcolm was the rhythm guitarist who founded the group with his brother Angus Young in 1973. The legendary band produced a string of monster hits, including "Highway to Hell," "Back in Black," "Thunderstruck" and "Hells Bells."

The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.

Malcolm was replaced in 2014 by his nephew Stevie Young ... this after his health began to deteriorate.

He's survived by his wife, 2 kids and 3 grandchildren.

RIP

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/18/ac-dc-malcolm-young-dead-dies/

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:34:22 PM »

RIP. I know he was sick but still sucks Sad
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 12:20:00 AM »

Wow, this really sucks.  I'm glad I got to see the full classic lineup live in 2008.

How rough for Angus to lose two brothers in a matter of weeks.   Cry

I've said it many times, it's really been a rough few years for AC/DC fans.  Four classic members have departed -- Phil Rudd has had his troubles, Brian Johnson's hearing loss, Cliff Williams retired, and Malcolm Young departs and now dies.  Angus is the only one left out of this legendary rock band.   Sad
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 09:57:05 AM »

Wow, this really sucks.  I'm glad I got to see the full classic lineup live in 2008.

How rough for Angus to lose two brothers in a matter of weeks.   Cry

I've said it many times, it's really been a rough few years for AC/DC fans.  Four classic members have departed -- Phil Rudd has had his troubles, Brian Johnson's hearing loss, Cliff Williams retired, and Malcolm Young departs and now dies.  Angus is the only one left out of this legendary rock band.   Sad

First off for people who know me on here. My name is Matt not Malcolm, but i picked Malcolm because of Malcolm Young, I thought he was the coolest damn guy ever. So very sad.

I'm very conflicted on the future of AC/DC. They have and always will be my favourite band. If i'm trying to be positive it sounded like Brian had his hearing problem fixed with some device. Phil can clear up his legal troubles, Cliff would probably come back if Brian and Phil did and Stevie (who did a fantastic job), continues to take Mal's spot. To me that is still a respectable AC/DC. As much as I love the AXL AC/DC (my two favourite bands), it was only temporary and should only be temporary. If it continues with Axl, it needs to be random shows every once in awhile. I feel bad for Angus. I think he wants to continue and I would looove to know Brians opinion on all this. I really feel like the way they handled it, he got shafted. He is still the lead singer of AC/DC. I think they should have made it more clear he was just taking a break until he got his situation figured out and they were getting help from Axl to finish the tour. Somehow AC/DC has been able to adapt with new members, but I think now its just not possible unless its what I listed at the start.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 09:52:56 PM »

sounded like Brian had his hearing problem fixed with some device. Phil can clear up his legal troubles, Cliff would probably come back if Brian and Phil did and Stevie (who did a fantastic job), continues to take Mal's spot. To me that is still a respectable AC/DC. As much as I love the AXL AC/DC (my two favourite bands), it was only temporary and should only be temporary. If it continues with Axl, it needs to be random shows every once in awhile. I feel bad for Angus. I think he wants to continue and I would looove to know Brians opinion on all this. I really feel like the way they handled it, he got shafted. He is still the lead singer of AC/DC. I think they should have made it more clear he was just taking a break until he got his situation figured out and they were getting help from Axl to finish the tour. Somehow AC/DC has been able to adapt with new members, but I think now its just not possible unless its what I listed at the start.

All of this is hypothetical but I would concur it's the only way that AC/DC could continue on at this point.  Brian Johnson just turned 70 years old, and the other guys are nearing that age as well.  They aren't attracting new fans like they were in 1980 when Brian first joined.  Their audience is 100% hardcore AC/DC fans that have been with them for decades.

Some of those hardcore fans accepted Axl for the time being, but others immediately turned away (by the thousands) and demanded refunds to those shows.  With all due respect to Axl for stepping in and "saving" AC/DC's tour from cancelation, I concur that it's not something that can sustain AC/DC's fan base for any longer. If AC/DC continues, they HAVE to regain all the classic members they lost, and that's a big if.  Even then, I'd say their future is still in doubt.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 08:14:24 PM »

sounded like Brian had his hearing problem fixed with some device. Phil can clear up his legal troubles, Cliff would probably come back if Brian and Phil did and Stevie (who did a fantastic job), continues to take Mal's spot. To me that is still a respectable AC/DC. As much as I love the AXL AC/DC (my two favourite bands), it was only temporary and should only be temporary. If it continues with Axl, it needs to be random shows every once in awhile. I feel bad for Angus. I think he wants to continue and I would looove to know Brians opinion on all this. I really feel like the way they handled it, he got shafted. He is still the lead singer of AC/DC. I think they should have made it more clear he was just taking a break until he got his situation figured out and they were getting help from Axl to finish the tour. Somehow AC/DC has been able to adapt with new members, but I think now its just not possible unless its what I listed at the start.

All of this is hypothetical but I would concur it's the only way that AC/DC could continue on at this point.  Brian Johnson just turned 70 years old, and the other guys are nearing that age as well.  They aren't attracting new fans like they were in 1980 when Brian first joined.  Their audience is 100% hardcore AC/DC fans that have been with them for decades.

Some of those hardcore fans accepted Axl for the time being, but others immediately turned away (by the thousands) and demanded refunds to those shows.  With all due respect to Axl for stepping in and "saving" AC/DC's tour from cancelation, I concur that it's not something that can sustain AC/DC's fan base for any longer. If AC/DC continues, they HAVE to regain all the classic members they lost, and that's a big if.  Even then, I'd say their future is still in doubt.

I agree, however I will say they have made new fans over the years. I'm only 28 and Stiff Upper Lip turned me onto them. Also Rock N Roll Train was a big hit and got alot of my friends into them and to go see them in concert.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: