Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash entering studio for SMKC album this month
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash entering studio for SMKC album this month  (Read 38142 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« on: December 10, 2017, 03:40:37 AM »

According to Meegan on Instagram, Slash will be recording by the end of this month for SMKC. Full article here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/slash_entering_studio_to_work_on_new_solo_album_this_month_his_girlfriend_says.html

Goddamn that man is a hard worker! Hopefully it will light a fire under Axl's ass on new material... who knows?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:12:37 AM »

I have to doubt it.....if Axl wanted to release new material with the current lineup, they would have already done it. It is what it is......

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »

This is so annoying.  Slash off doing his own thing, Axl guesting on Em's new cd and Duff in a bar room fight with guys singing soprano.  WTF?  United they take on the world, divided Duff's getting the shit beat out of him by guys Melissa could take.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:21:58 AM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 10:25:29 AM »

Why is it so hard to record anything for a Guns album or even an ep !?
They made this whole tour look so easy and effortless, why can't a new album be just as easy ?
But then again,this is guns n f'n' roses so no need for whining.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »

I think deep down we all knew this was going to happen. Slash is prolific and will move forward with new music while GNR is stuck in the past. I am not criticizing the GNR shows from the NITL tour, they were great, but the most recent song they performed is already 10 years old or more.

Personally, I love seeing Slash live so I am excited that he will have new music and presumably a new tour with Myles and the Conspirators. Can't wait!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 11:11:51 AM »

This is so annoying.  Slash off doing his own thing, Axl guesting on Em's new cd and Duff in a bar room fight with guys singing soprano.  WTF?  United they take on the world, divided Duff's getting the shit beat out of him by guys Melissa could take.

What?s all this??
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »

According to Meegan on Instagram, Slash will be recording by the end of this month for SMKC. Full article here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/slash_entering_studio_to_work_on_new_solo_album_this_month_his_girlfriend_says.html

Goddamn that man is a hard worker! Hopefully it will light a fire under Axl's ass on new material... who knows?

According to Myles Kennedy, he just released his solo record and has a tour starting as he said on Eddie Trunk's podcast. If there was a new Conspirators record to be made,plans would be different.
Maybe Slash's girlfriend intends to mislead annoying twitter and instagram followers.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 06:30:57 PM »

According to Myles Kennedy, he just released his solo record and has a tour starting as he said on Eddie Trunk's podcast. If there was a new Conspirators record to be made,plans would be different.
Maybe Slash's girlfriend intends to mislead annoying twitter and instagram followers.

my thoughts too as soon as I read her quote.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »

Wait... what?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »

Really? Because that's news to Myles, according to his recent interviews and plans.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »

Really? Because that's news to Myles, according to his recent interviews and plans.

Slash can lay down tracks without Myles. This will be the start of the process.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 01:06:02 PM »

Slash can lay down tracks without Myles. This will be the start of the process.

OK, but..without Myles even knowing he was doing it?  Because Myles is pretty clear that, from what he knows, nothing is going on.

I find it hard to believe Slash would be recording material without Myles knowing he was going to do it.  And she did say "they will be getting back t the studio". 

No "they" won't.  Because, again, Myles isn't available, nor does he have any clue (apparently) that "they" are working on anything.

I find it much easier to believe she was trolling, or mistaken, or something like that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 03:34:05 PM »

Why is it so hard to record anything for a Guns album or even an ep !?

Because Axl is lazy.  We dance around it and try to come up with all these scenarios to avoid having to say that, but ultimately, it's the reason.

Obviously, this is not across the board.  It takes a tremendous amount of effort to do 3 hour shows all across the world for 2 years.

But in terms of challenging himself to do something new, that fire is long extinguished.  He's happier just sticking to what he knows, belting out 30 year old tunes and soaking up the cheers.

Axl is all about the path of least resistance.  And has been, for awhile now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 01:05:51 AM »

Guns release at least one album every decade. We'll get one from this and one for the next one. Just wait and see  ok

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 06:26:25 AM »

So much for the vault wonder if it will see the ligh of day

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 06:44:09 AM »

If Guns had any intention of making an album Slash wouldn't be giving his riffs to a SMKC album that will get 5% as much attention.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 07:48:58 AM »

If Guns had any intention of making an album Slash wouldn't be giving his riffs to a SMKC album that will get 5% as much attention.

Personally, I think SMKC is a totally different sound, and Slash knows it.  In the same way, Loaded is a different beast too. To me, it's about the sum of all the parts, rather than one member's contribution to another group of musicians. Axl, like the the rumoured %age split of NITL Tour monies, I'd say is replicated on any album in terms of contribution to the sound, but without him there is no Guns n Roses, VR proved that.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 08:19:10 AM »

What's this shit about a Duff being in a bar fight and Axl appearing on 'Ems' album?

I've heard nothing about either of these things.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 08:40:18 AM »

Axl is all about the path of least resistance.  And has been, for awhile now.

Most of us wouldn't be bothered even to tour with old songs if we had that much money already peace
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »

Perhaps Slash has an ongoing contract with the record company and owes albums under the conspirators name.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: