Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:56:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash entering studio for SMKC album this month
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash entering studio for SMKC album this month  (Read 38166 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »

I'm gonna say this as directly as possible since you're not reading me....

AXL SOLELY OWNS THE NAME GUNS N ROSES.

We all know that.  You can argue and kid yourself about it, but he still owns it.  He's gonna own it tomorrow and the next day.  That means ANYONE who works under that name is HIRED HAND, regardless of what percentage/salary/contract/agreement/yadayada they receive.

Slash's and Duff's well-known status as shareholders in terms of royalties, licensing, merchandising, etc is irrelevant to my argument and still is.

My original point about new music remains intact as well.  If Axl owns the name Guns N Roses, he is the one with ultimate say over music that gets recorded under its name, not Slash or anyone else.  So Slash wouldn't wait around.

I'm gonna say this as directly as possible since you're not reading me...

I never said otherwise. In fact, I made it very clear that I knew that in my post:

The only thing they don't have a say in (as far as we know) is merchandising the brand name of "Guns N Roses".

Is that not obvious enough for you? You must be a terrible listener in conversation. Having ownership of the band name is just your personal arbitrary definition of what makes a "real member", it is not incontrovertible fact. There are bands with not a single member who owns the rights to their name, because the record company does. Are those bands with no "real members" at all?

And, I included the qualifier "as far as we know" because, for all we know, they could have once again split ownership of the name.

The fact that the big 3 may or may not have split revenue three ways (which I highly doubt) has nothing to do with whether Slash was a hired hand or not.

To me, the issue is simple and clear. A person is either an owner or not. If not, then he is an employee.

Since we heard nothing about a transfer or division of ownership, it is reasonable to assume that there was none.

Therefore, Slash, Duff, and the rest are employees.

Do regular employees get a share of the profits (and we're not talking about occasional bonuses)? At the end of the day, your definition of what constitutes a "real member" is your own arbitrary determination, not a fact.

^The key word is not "assumption" but rather "reasonable."

You are making assumptions that I think are not reasonable.

The word partnership is a backdoor way of saying partial ownership.

IMO it is simply silly to assume, believe, or assert that Axl gave up any ownership in order to do a reunion tour.

In other words, I do not buy for one nanosecond that there is any partnership other than agreeing to play together on stage.

My "assumptions" are a polite way of saying common sense. Your assumptions lack reasonableness and common sense.

Believe what you want. I don't care if you want to engage in delusions. They do not change reality.

And for the record: splitting revenue does not in any way imply anything like a legal partnership. That simply is not true. It can be, as I have stated before, an owner-employee relationship.

Your assumptions are just as unreasonable as ours because we both have ZERO conclusive evidence to base them on. The difference is that you seem to lack the humility to admit this. All we are saying is that the one piece of partial evidence we do have is that they are splitting the touring profits. If anything, that would make it MORE REASONABLE to assume they are also splitting the ownership as well, than assuming otherwise. Simple common sense.

I think you need to read some labor and contract law.

That is a weak and transparent attempt to claim authority. Hell, if you really know how complex labor and contract laws can be, you'd know that Axl could be considered an employee of the record company despite owning the name. Does that make him a hired hand? Again, "real band member" and "hired hand" are not legal terms, they're arbitrarily defined terms.

You should really drop the hubris, it's not a good look.

Great post!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2017, 09:08:03 PM »

Simply..

Slash Continue Whit Myles & Conpirators

And

Axl Continue Whit Guns N' Roses

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2017, 09:02:50 AM »

Simply..

And

ok

Personally I would like to see the current lineup go all-in with GN?R. Albums, new tour (after this one?s done), music videos, interviews.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2017, 09:53:14 AM »

Simply..

And

ok

Personally I would like to see the current lineup go all-in with GN?R. Albums, new tour (after this one?s done), music videos, interviews.

Saturday Night Live performance.. Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »

Simply..

And

ok

Saturday Night Live performance.. Wink

Idem

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »

Simply..

And

ok

There?s really no good reason not to...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2017, 02:39:49 PM »

And

Slash would have an easier time continuing with Myles than Axl would have continuing with Guns N Roses.  At this point, there's no going back to Chinese Democracy-esque lineups now that the world has experienced Slash and Duff back in the band.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2017, 02:03:52 AM »

And

Slash would have an easier time continuing with Myles than Axl would have continuing with Guns N Roses.  At this point, there's no going back to Chinese Democracy-esque lineups now that the world has experienced Slash and Duff back in the band.

Time To Time

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2017, 11:51:41 PM »

Time To Time

ok

Say what?   Huh
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2017, 03:05:12 PM »

As far guns n roses goes, axl and co are a bunch of money grabbing sell outs if they dont release a brand new studio album... playing all their classics including coma live just dosent justify shit from them... they are just a tribute band, nothing less nothing more
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »

As far guns n roses goes, axl and co are a bunch of money grabbing sell outs if they dont release a brand new studio album... playing all their classics including coma live just dosent justify shit from them... they are just a tribute band, nothing less nothing more

Thanks for that. 'Playing all their classics...just doesn't justify shit" might be the most incomprensible and senseless thing I've read on here in some time.

Well done!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2017, 05:03:39 AM »

Some things never change....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2017, 03:11:51 PM »

No new studio album in sight, constant touring, nope, some things never change. 
Which is fine but dont talk about having 3 albums of material if there's no intention of releasing it anytime soon.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2017, 08:25:45 PM »

Oh yeah boy. Man GNR with all their touring ... wow they just suck. LOL. The things people cry about on this site.
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2017, 08:37:58 PM »

One album in 27 years is beyond bad. It's put up or shut up time.  Do you want to hear the same 30 year old setlist.  It would be nice to hear new music. My prediction is nothing new and in June the same 30 songs.

Rizzo160
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2017, 10:36:30 PM »

Oh yeah boy. Man GNR with all their touring ... wow they just suck. LOL. The things people cry about on this site.

Hey, don't forget about that yahoo who posted that thread awhile back criticizing Slash for wearing his top hat too much!   hihi
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2017, 11:23:09 PM »

One album in 27 years is beyond bad. It's put up or shut up time.  Do you want to hear the same 30 year old setlist.  It would be nice to hear new music. My prediction is nothing new and in June the same 30 songs.

Zeppelin hasn?t put one out in 35 years and if they went on tour and played the same old songs I still wouldn?t be crying. And by the way you use the worst example of stats. Another way to look at it: They?ve put out two albums in the past eight years - Chinese and the live one that even featured a blue ray with it.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2017, 08:21:30 AM »

Your right, Who cares if your fave band doesnt put albums out and constantly tours the same songs for over a decade.....sick...super stoked for the next one! Go team GnR, whatever you do, il will support and will only speak positive 24/7 because thsts what a good lil GnR fan boy does. Honestly, they can do no wrong in some eyes, i was and am the biggest gnr fan but honestly, its getting boring, and sorry but Slash working with Myles doesnt do much to help raise the concern for the status of GnR in 2018.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2017, 08:24:34 AM »

I guess i should be stoked for a new Slash n Myles album and another GnR show sonetime in the next 1 to 3 years, YES!!!! Cant wait for that one day someday in the future! Im pumped!!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2017, 10:18:31 AM »

Your right, Who cares if your fave band doesnt put albums out and constantly tours the same songs for over a decade.....sick...super stoked for the next one! Go team GnR, whatever you do, il will support and will only speak positive 24/7 because thsts what a good lil GnR fan boy does. Honestly, they can do no wrong in some eyes, i was and am the biggest gnr fan but honestly, its getting boring, and sorry but Slash working with Myles doesnt do much to help raise the concern for the status of GnR in 2018.

I bet everyone would embrace a new GNR album.

Instead of just stating that you hope for that to happen, you seem to go down the bitter and angry road about it.

It?s not about anyone thinking they can ?do no wrong?, you?re totally wrong about that. It?s about what one choose to focus on.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: