Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:08:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash entering studio for SMKC album this month
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash entering studio for SMKC album this month  (Read 38190 times)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2017, 03:46:38 PM »

i was and am the biggest gnr fan but honestly

You were/are....honestly?

I like to think that Axl is working with the new album.
I wouldn't mind if other members came out with new music in the meantime...both things are possible.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2017, 01:47:16 AM »

i was and am the biggest gnr fan but honestly

You were/are....honestly?

I like to think that Axl is working with the new album.
I wouldn't mind if other members came out with new music in the meantime...both things are possible.

I think if Axl was working on material, Slash would be working on it with him.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »

As far guns n roses goes, axl and co are a bunch of money grabbing sell outs if they dont release a brand new studio album... playing all their classics including coma live just dosent justify shit from them... they are just a tribute band, nothing less nothing more

Some things never change....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Facts are facts  Roll Eyes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2018, 07:17:33 PM »

As far guns n roses goes, axl and co are a bunch of money grabbing sell outs if they dont release a brand new studio album... playing all their classics including coma live just dosent justify shit from them... they are just a tribute band, nothing less nothing more
Si

/jarmo

Bullshit is bullshit.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2018, 02:28:40 AM »

And apples are apples!

Am I doing this right? Tongue

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2018, 04:45:40 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, the fact that you'll never be happy!

Even if they had released a new album yesterday, they'd still play the old songs that most people know already. It's not gonna change. They still wouldn't do multiple tours for free so you wouldn't have to be upset and obsessed with them getting paid!  hihi

I get it, you want a new album. It's the usual. Most of us would love to hear new music. It's just that some express that wish in a negative boring way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2018, 06:04:19 PM »

/jarmo

Even if they had released a new album yesterday, they'd still play the old songs that most people know already. It's not gonna change. They still wouldn't do multiple tours for free so you wouldn't have to be upset and obsessed with them getting paid!  hihi

I get it, you want a new album. It's the usual. Most of us would love to hear new music. It's just that some express that wish in a negative boring way.

/jarmo

Ok dont spur false accusuations about me... you say im never going to be happy? How do you know that? Im actually very happy!

I dont go around assuming how the fuck your feeling cuz i really dont give a flying fuck about your mood....

Ok i get it you fly with the band,eat,shit,sleep photograph, with axl and co, so yeah i get it you will always defend Guns N' Roses from ppl that might talk negative about the band. I get it... id defiently do the same exact thing you are doing... this band is your bread and butter so what would you be doing today if you werent associated with them?

The point is that this band isint going to produce a new album (you already know that) they will continue doing world tours get massive tour payouts keep milking it and then they will hang it up and move on with their lives... hey look i get it why not cash out? I mean how cool is to see axl and slash together again?  But its a slap to the face to the fans that are shelling out all this cash for this band and they are anticipating an album release that...yeah wont get released EVER. So go ahead burn your hard earned money on Guns N' Roses, atleast they come out on time this time around.

Some things WILL never change  ok

Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2018, 07:46:05 PM »

How is it a slap to the face???

Nowhere has there been a promise of new material whatsoever. Some said they would, "like there to be". Seeing them together (Slash, Duff, Axl) pacifies so many that most don't even really care whether they put out a new song let alone an entire album. Its not a slap to anyones face. they dont owe me shit. would i love it, yes.. will ti happen... who the hell knows? i'm just happy to have seen them live a couple different times, in a couple different cities.. anything beyond that is sprinkles man

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2018, 09:07:22 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

Ok dont spur false accusuations about me... you say im never going to be happy? How do you know that? Im actually very happy!

I dont go around assuming how the fuck your feeling cuz i really dont give a flying fuck about your mood....

Ok i get it you fly with the band,eat,shit,sleep photograph, with axl and co, so yeah i get it you will always defend Guns N' Roses from ppl that might talk negative about the band. I get it... id defiently do the same exact thing you are doing... this band is your bread and butter so what would you be doing today if you werent associated with them?

The point is that this band isint going to produce a new album (you already know that) they will continue doing world tours get massive tour payouts keep milking it and then they will hang it up and move on with their lives... hey look i get it why not cash out? I mean how cool is to see axl and slash together again?  But its a slap to the face to the fans that are shelling out all this cash for this band and they are anticipating an album release that...yeah wont get released EVER. So go ahead burn your hard earned money on Guns N' Roses, atleast they come out on time this time around.

they've been tourin' intensively, let's give this lineup a chance. If Axl and Slash never release a song together, that would be a pity but it would be ok. I won't blame them (Slash will continue his stuff, the same for Duff and maybe Axl retires or release some old CD material)

They've been touring for 2 years. If we don't listen any update from Duff or Slash durin this year maybe the tour was all, but I'll get them a chance. They're reconectin'
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:10:20 PM by DAVE ROCK » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2018, 03:38:53 AM »

I don't get how it's a slap in the face? For 20 years most of the things we heard was "it's not GN'R without Duff/Slash" and then for years it was also "we need an album".

Well, one of those stopped for obvious reasons. 

New music wouldn't change it.

I don't get the whole spending money problem (the band making money). It's a problem for fans to spend money on tickets when there's no album? But if they put out an album and fans have to spend money on it, plus tickets, it's not a problem? It somehow justifies your expense? You're still seeing the band and getting one hell of a show.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

It's not a slap in the face at all. I buy a ticket, I get what i wanted. If i didn't want it, i wouldn't buy a ticket. They're not at my door demanding my attention and money! There are many many banda i don't like- i don't go to their shows, let alone spend my time posting about them on their fan forums!

How about laying off jarmo too? I defend this band against a lot of things and I've never met a single band member. I'm a fan-so what? There seems to be an awful lot of pretty weird hatred chucked jarmos way dor some reason- as if it's wrong that he is employed by them. Why do you give a fuck? Has he ever personally attacked you or your job?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2018, 09:59:56 AM »

funny thing is, if Slash & Duff didn't came back, we'd probably have a new GNR LP already.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2018, 10:45:52 AM »

Duff is not attending the release party for the new  Walking Papers record. I hope he is Guns busy? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »

funny thing is, if Slash & Duff didn't came back, we'd probably have a new GNR LP already.

Ummm, how do you figure that?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
DeN
Legend

« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »

well, if Axl spent a lot of time in studio in 2015, it was probably to release the second half of CD in 2016 or 2017.

izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2018, 02:16:43 AM »

DeN
Legend

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2018, 08:59:18 AM »

...since Ron & DJ left and Slash & Duff came back, plans changed, it was time to do this kind of reunion tour instead.

in all logic part of the material Axl finished in 2015 will probably receive Slash & Duff treatments, for a finale GNR LP.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2018, 07:20:33 PM »

/jarmo

And bullshit is bullshit...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »

Seems like Slash was in a studio yesterday (photo via @gnrnewsbrazil)

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2018, 12:54:29 PM »

Axl must have a ton of material stashed in the Vaults they sat for 14 years on Chinese Democracy and only released it because  of pressure from the record company and the threat of Lawsuits,I reckon if they got their heads together and put out a new kick ass record it would resurrect Rock music and give it the boost it so badly needs, the tour was hugely successful and fans could re live their youth again but moving forward it needs an injection of new material, they were playing 9 covers at one point during the NITLT tour which is crazy one or two is acceptable but most would have preferred a few new GnR tunes it would also prove that they weren't just a nostalgic act who just play songs from the last century.Slash I'm sure also has loads of ideas and riffs he could bring to the table along with Duff but the real jewel in the crown would be to get Izzy onboard and write with Axl then we would really see something special . beer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: