Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's wristwear? Seeking wristwatch gift help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's wristwear? Seeking wristwatch gift help  (Read 2333 times)
LastKnight
Opening Act

« on: March 01, 2018, 11:24:53 AM »

A good friend and former mentor who?s a massive fan of early-era GNR has a milestone birthday coming up in a few months.   beer

I?m tasked with buying him a wristwatch on behalf of the family, and as a more casual follower of the band, humbly seek the assistance of serious fans in finding watch models with a strong GNR link.

Specifically, those worn by Axl Rose between the start of GNR and probably the release of Chinese Democracy, I know he?s more into the early material from eighties through into the nineties UYI tours. Investigations show he?s not a forum reader so hope this is a safe way to gather intel.

I understand Axl currently wears an Audemars Piguet, I don?t know if he wore that brand back then though.

What gave me the idea for theming the gift was a photo I saw of Axl Rose with his chin on his hand, leather jacket, woven leather bangles and a watch shown very prominently, I think it had a dark dial, white metal case and tan strap with white stitching, but try as I have, been unable to find that photo again. It looked like it was taken at an airport because I remember Axl looked bored af.  rofl

But I know he?s been into wristwear for a lot of his career and hope you good folks have some suggestions on this. If anyone has photos with a watch shown in them but not sure of the manufacturer or model, please link me or post them and I can undertake research maybe hit some wristwatch forums for more.

Open mind on price range, I?m interested in getting something authentic even if it?s more entry-level than the AP watches he?s rocking these days because we can pad the gift out with a pricier diver or something.

Also, if anyone has any other wristwatch-related information, brands worn by Slash, Duff, Izzy, or anything else from the earlier days that would also be sweet.

Thanks in advance!   ok

(And the last topic I found for this was here, eleven years old but if I should have bumped that my bad.  peace )
mikeaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 01:19:05 AM »

I am not a watch expert but he has recently worn HYT with a price tag of 100,000+  There are not many things the man wears that are cheap. Just a nugget of info. I'm not condemning him, he's in a different tax bracket than me. HAHA 
CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »

He wore a Tag Heuer Formula 1 in the 90's.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/603341681304807381/

LastKnight
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 05:57:10 AM »

He wore a Tag Heuer Formula 1 in the 90's.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/603341681304807381/

Thanks!  ok  ok

I narrowed the other down to the titanium Breitling Aerospace on a tan coloured strap. it's an ani-digi which is a love/hate style but our guy's been seen in an  ani-digi Seiko before now... The quest continues, before making the final call!  Grin

Saw Slash in a Casio f91, ?15, might get one as a gag gift and put the nice piece below.  hihi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: