Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:23:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Angus Young is writing a new AC/DC album with Axl Rose
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Angus Young is writing a new AC/DC album with Axl Rose  (Read 13596 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« on: March 21, 2018, 09:42:18 AM »

They'll be back (in black)

Guitar legend Angus Young is reportedly at work on a new AC/DC album with Axl Rose.

The Guns N? Roses frontman has leant his services to the band as touring singer in recent years, after Brian Johnson was forced to retire from performing after suffering from hearing loss.

After reports emerged earlier this year that the partnership between Young and Rose would be set to continue, Rose Tattoo frontman Angry Anderson has confirmed that the pair are currently writing new material together.

?I was talking to Angus earlier last year when we were doing the encores and we were opening for Guns ?n? Roses, but Angus and I were asked to do the encores and I said to him ?What are you going to do?? and he said ?Mate I?m writing a new album?,? he told The Rockpit.

?I thought ?cool? so I asked him who was in the band and he said ?Axl?.?

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/angus-young-writing-new-acdc-album-axl-rose-2270741#UIwqC3DFvF4SJV7v.99

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 10:03:20 AM »

They'll be back (in black)

Guitar legend Angus Young is reportedly at work on a new AC/DC album with Axl Rose.

The Guns N? Roses frontman has leant his services to the band as touring singer in recent years, after Brian Johnson was forced to retire from performing after suffering from hearing loss.

After reports emerged earlier this year that the partnership between Young and Rose would be set to continue, Rose Tattoo frontman Angry Anderson has confirmed that the pair are currently writing new material together.

?I was talking to Angus earlier last year when we were doing the encores and we were opening for Guns ?n? Roses, but Angus and I were asked to do the encores and I said to him ?What are you going to do?? and he said ?Mate I?m writing a new album?,? he told The Rockpit.

?I thought ?cool? so I asked him who was in the band and he said ?Axl?.?

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/angus-young-writing-new-acdc-album-axl-rose-2270741#UIwqC3DFvF4SJV7v.99

The NME is shit now - this has been doing the rounds for days, and comes from another news source. They're about a week behind with all their news!

I'll believe it when it happens, or is officially confirmed by AC/DC. Until then, it's just more speculation to me.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 01:10:45 PM »

Should be interesting to see what kind of songs this will produce.

I'm thinking this could force Axl back in some sort of Appetite-way of writing lyrics, a little bit more straight-forward. The same could be said of the next GNR record, we know Axl wanted this back in the late 90s, but then Slash left.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
DeN
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 10:47:40 AM »

well now that there's two reliable sources who confirmed that Axl & Angus will write a new chapter of AC/DC
I'm curious aswell about what kind of lyrics he'll write and how it can influence AC/DC stuff. could be less
self-centered and maybe more social & political...well, the timing between AC/DC & Guns will be interesting to
see to, I suppose we can have two albums, but touring will be a problem (for Guns)

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »

I'm thinking this could force Axl back in some sort of Appetite-way of writing lyrics, a little bit more straight-forward. The same could be said of the next GNR record, we know Axl wanted this back in the late 90s, but then Slash left.

what..?. I thought Axl was doint NIN in late 90's, not "Appetite-way."

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 11:06:07 AM »

well now that there's two reliable sources who confirmed that Axl & Angus will write a new chapter of AC/DC
I'm curious aswell about what kind of lyrics he'll write and how it can influence AC/DC stuff. could be less
self-centered and maybe more social & political...well, the timing between AC/DC & Guns will be interesting to
see to, I suppose we can have two albums, but touring will be a problem (for Guns)

I do agree that it's an interesting environment for Axl. He has respect for his elders so his effort won't come from trying to control, but rather from trying to impress, which I think is more freeing for him and will be more productive artistically.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 11:37:46 AM »

I the Loder interview, he said he originally wanted to do an Appetite-type of record, probably reflecting back to 95-96. Once Slash left he sought out different alternatives.

Sweetness is a virtue
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 12:58:00 PM »

I the Loder interview, he said he originally wanted to do an Appetite-type of record, probably reflecting back to 95-96. Once Slash left he sought out different alternatives.

Hmm Sure if you only read that interview you might arrive to that conclusion, but there's been plenty of other statements and evidence to point to different directions.

DeN
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »

well, now that we know Slash is doing a new solo record it is reasonable to think
that Axl will work with Angus in that same space of time, meaning no GNR album
in the near future. Slash will tour with The Conspirators and Axl with AC/DC.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 02:56:17 PM »

Hmm Sure if you only read that interview you might arrive to that conclusion, but there's been plenty of other statements and evidence to point to different directions.

Well, he pretty much says it straight out.

From the interview:

Loder: What have you been doing for the last six and a half years, since the last tour ended?

Rose: Trying to figure out how to make a record.

Loder: Ah, you already knew how to do that, right?

Rose: I originally wanted to make a traditional record or try to get back to an "Appetite [For Destruction]" thing or something, because that would have been a lot easier for me to do. I was involved in a lot of lawsuits for Guns N' Roses and in my own personal life, so I didn't have a lot of time to try and develop a new style or re-invent myself, so I was hoping to write a traditional thing, but I was not really allowed to do that.

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

Loder: [Laughs] But you could have found another guitar player or something, right?

Rose: Well, not really.... Not to make a true Guns record. It's kind of like, I don't know, if you know somebody has a relationship, and there's difficulties in that, and Mr. or Mrs. Right doesn't kind of just stumble into their path, or they don't stumble across that person, they can't really get on with things. Somebody didn't come into my radar that would have really replaced Slash in a proper way.

Loder: Yeah.

Rose: And it really wasn't something we were trying to do. We were trying to make things work with Slash for a very, very long time... about three and a half years.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Sweetness is a virtue
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »

From the interview:

Loder: What have you been doing for the last six and a half years, since the last tour ended?

Rose: I originally wanted to make a traditional record or try to get back to an "Appetite [For Destruction]" thing or something, because that would have been a lot easier for me to do. I was involved in a lot of lawsuits for Guns N' Roses and in my own personal life, so I didn't have a lot of time to try and develop a new style or re-invent myself, so I was hoping to write a traditional thing, but I was not really allowed to do that.

Loder: [Laughs] But you could have found another guitar player or something, right?

Rose: Well, not really.... Not to make a true Guns record. It's kind of like, I don't know, if you know somebody has a relationship, and there's difficulties in that, and Mr. or Mrs. Right doesn't kind of just stumble into their path, or they don't stumble across that person, they can't really get on with things. Somebody didn't come into my radar that would have really replaced Slash in a proper way.

Rose: And it really wasn't something we were trying to do. We were trying to make things work with Slash for a very, very long time... about three and a half years.

Yeah, that's obviously bullshit. Slash presented him with the riffs for 5 O Clock Somewhere and Axl rejected them saying it wasn't the direction he wanted to go in.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 04:00:00 PM »

Social/political AC/DC album?  rofl

Axl is a huge fan of AC/DC and Bon, so he will know to respect the legacy and write witty, humorous and sexual lyrics.

"Gonna bend you like a G-string
Conduct you like a choir"

"As you lie there, naked
Like a body in a tomb
Suspended animation
As I slip into your room"

And occasionally the serious:

"I know that it's evil
I know that it's got to be
No, I ain't doing much
Doing nothing means a lot to me

Feelin' like a paper cup
Floatin' down the storm drain
Got myself a sailin' boat
But I can't afford a drop of rain"

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 05:07:17 PM »

Yeah, that's obviously bullshit. Slash presented him with the riffs for 5 O Clock Somewhere and Axl rejected them saying it wasn't the direction he wanted to go in.

I don't know about "obviously bullshit". It's certainly what he felt like at the time of the interview, but things could certainly have been more nuanced than what comes through there.

I couldn't find any sources where he actually said that Slash's material wasn't the direction he wanted to go in. Though, I know I've read somewhere he thought some of the material was worth working on, but not all. It seemed like in his mind it was about the quality/potential of the material, not direction.

Some interviews mention Axl's interest in electronic elements to the music, so yeah there probably was a certain degree of wanting to evolve the songwriting at the time just after the UYI tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
DeN
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 05:32:37 PM »

Social/political AC/DC album?  rofl

Axl is a huge fan of AC/DC and Bon, so he will know to respect the legacy and write witty, humorous and sexual lyrics.

you would have used the same smiley if I'd told you 5 years ago that Axl will be the next ACDC singer. 

it's not because Axl is a huge fan of Bon that he will emulate Bon's lyrics and wearing a jeans jacket either,
it would be as ridiculous as it sounds. plus, it would be counterproductive in the goal to be accepted by
ACDC's fanbase. (look what happened when DJ Ashba tried to poorly emulate Slash)

what I said is writing for AC/DC would be a different exercice than in GNR, way less autobiographic and
self centered, and I don't see Axl singing about beers & boobs, and yeah social comments would not surprised
me on a "in your face" LP who'll come out under Trump's presidency...

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »

From the interview:

It's not bullshit at all. Axl wanted to do a quick appetite style album. Slash did present riffs and so vs to be used but wanted them used as is. Axl thought there was promise in them but wanted to work on making them into something better but slash wouldn't let him. It's been backed up by duff or gilby can't remember which one.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 06:54:35 PM »

From the interview:

It's not bullshit at all. Axl wanted to do a quick appetite style album. Slash did present riffs and so vs to be used but wanted them used as is. Axl thought there was promise in them but wanted to work on making them into something better but slash wouldn't let him. It's been backed up by duff or gilby can't remember which one.

The fact alone that the thought about reinventing himself crossed his mind means that the obvious and only choice was not just do a traditional record. And My World was part of that too.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 07:16:50 PM »

From the interview:

The fact alone that the thought about reinventing himself crossed his mind means that the obvious and only choice was not just do a traditional record. And My World was part of that too.

Read what was posted above again. It's clear as day what Axl says. He wasn't able to reinvent himself so he wanted to do a more traditional record as it would have been quicker and easier.  It can't be any more plain dude.  Huh
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 09:36:09 PM »

I don't know about "obviously bullshit". It's certainly what he felt like at the time of the interview, but things could certainly have been more nuanced than what comes through there.

I couldn't find any sources where he actually said that Slash's material wasn't the direction he wanted to go in. Though, I know I've read somewhere he thought some of the material was worth working on, but not all. It seemed like in his mind it was about the quality/potential of the material, not direction.

Some interviews mention Axl's interest in electronic elements to the music, so yeah there probably was a certain degree of wanting to evolve the songwriting at the time just after the UYI tour.

Axl said, "that's not the kind of music I want to do". I said, "okay" and took it back

http://www.slashparadise.com/media/interviews-slash/coiled-and-ready-rolling-stone-april-1995.pdf

you would have used the same smiley if I'd told you 5 years ago that Axl will be the next ACDC singer. 

it's not because Axl is a huge fan of Bon that he will emulate Bon's lyrics and wearing a jeans jacket either,
it would be as ridiculous as it sounds. plus, it would be counterproductive in the goal to be accepted by
ACDC's fanbase. (look what happened when DJ Ashba tried to poorly emulate Slash)

what I said is writing for AC/DC would be a different exercice than in GNR, way less autobiographic and
self centered, and I don't see Axl singing about beers & boobs, and yeah social comments would not surprised
me on a "in your face" LP who'll come out under Trump's presidency...

Not saying he'll copy Bon, but that will be his influence and he wants to do right by the legacy. You don't have to be political to be in your face. Regardless, I don't think Angus would agree to it. The Youngs are notoriously strict about running AC/DC the way they want to, and that hasn't changed in the past 50 years, I doubt it will in Angus' 70s.

Read what was posted above again. It's clear as day what Axl says. He wasn't able to reinvent himself so he wanted to do a more traditional record as it would have been quicker and easier.  It can't be any more plain dude.  Huh

... except he did reinvent himself. Huh

Sorry but I don't buy that Axl ever seriously wanted to pump out a quick album. His entire career has shown the opposite.

DeN
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 07:53:41 AM »

Not saying he'll copy Bon, but that will be his influence and he wants to do right by the legacy. You don't have to be political to be in your face. Regardless, I don't think Angus would agree to it. The Youngs are notoriously strict about running AC/DC the way they want to, and that hasn't changed in the past 50 years, I doubt it will in Angus' 70s.

sure you don't have to be political to be in your face, but there's a context these days.

"The Youngs" doesn't really exists anymore since Malcolm Young passed away and
Angus wrote the lyrics with him for the last albums, so there's a chance for Axl to
write there, but maybe Angus will write everything, who knows.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 09:58:37 AM »

Axl said, "that's not the kind of music I want to do". I said, "okay" and took it back

http://www.slashparadise.com/media/interviews-slash/coiled-and-ready-rolling-stone-april-1995.pdf

Hmm, you're putting 100% confidence in a quote from one interview, while totally dismissing what was said in another.

You're of course totally entitled to wave off Axl's thoughts about the subject as "obvious bullshit", but personally I think there is something to it. Axl may have made a bad decision in not working on the material presented to him, but I don't think his reasons are clear cut.

Sweetness is a virtue
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 11:42:22 AM »

Hmm, you're putting 100% confidence in a quote from one interview, while totally dismissing what was said in another.

You're of course totally entitled to wave off Axl's thoughts about the subject as "obvious bullshit", but personally I think there is something to it. Axl may have made a bad decision in not working on the material presented to him, but I don't think his reasons are clear cut.

That's what Ive been saying from the beginning  hihi hihi

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 11:44:21 AM »

Sorry but I don't buy that Axl ever seriously wanted to pump out a quick album. His entire career has shown the opposite.

Exactly, as early as 91 he showed interest in new styles and creations. Even UYI was a departure from AFD.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »

Exactly, as early as 91 he showed interest in new styles and creations. Even UYI was a departure from AFD.

Yes he reinvented himself and the band after slash left, he had the time to do it then. When slash was still there however it was easier for Axl to do a more traditional record. I dont understand why you guys are arguing against it. It's right there on the first page in Axl's own words.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 01:33:27 AM »

No, not one, interview, just about every single one Slash, Duff and Matt did after leaving.

Yes he reinvented himself and the band after slash left, he had the time to do it then. When slash was still there however it was easier for Axl to do a more traditional record. I dont understand why you guys are arguing against it. It's right there on the first page in Axl's own words.

If that were really the case, Slash would have had no reason to leave in the first place. He said many times it was due to differences in where they wanted the band to go. There was a 1999-ish interview where he was asked about a reunion and said something along the lines of "If Axl wants to do an AFD style album, I'm there."

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 09:25:53 PM »

JUST I LITTLE PATIENCE

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »

I don't like this...I wanna see Axl in GNR not in ACDC...
After all these shits ,ACDC have to go in legend and retairment...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 08:09:09 AM »

I don't like this...I wanna see Axl in GNR not in ACDC...
After all these shits ,ACDC have to go in legend and retairment...

AJjajJA.. Is Real

love

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »

Hi HBK.

This is awesome news. I had no idea. I will definitely be buying it and it will be the first thing that I have had any interest in as far as rock and roll "band" style music goes in a long time. I haven't bought any music in... it' been a couple years at least. Although I have been more actively making my own music, which is a lot of fun and keeps me pretty immune to the effects of what I personally see as a drought.

This is going to be insanely cool, the ax man loves acdc, he is going to put his heart into it. It is such a monumental event, not only on his own journey as a musician (I'd imagine), but also in rock and roll history. Buckle up folks.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2018, 02:15:08 AM »

Hi HBK.

This is awesome news. I had no idea. I will definitely be buying it and it will be the first thing that I have had any interest in as far as rock and roll "band" style music goes in a long time. I haven't bought any music in... it' been a couple years at least. Although I have been more actively making my own music, which is a lot of fun and keeps me pretty immune to the effects of what I personally see as a drought.

This is going to be insanely cool, the ax man loves acdc, he is going to put his heart into it. It is such a monumental event, not only on his own journey as a musician (I'd imagine), but also in rock and roll history. Buckle up folks.

Well said. This could be incredible. Angus can still write killer songs and Axl is probably the only legend on that level to come after the '70s as well as a huge fan of the Bon era it seems. I could only imagine what Axl would do with an instrumental like this from their 2nd latest release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKyEvgd80k8

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 03:04:30 PM »

I Like AC/DC and Need New Music With GNR

2 Disc/2 Bands Is Good Idea

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 07:54:18 PM »

Hi HBK.

Well said. This could be incredible. Angus can still write killer songs and Axl is probably the only legend on that level to come after the '70s as well as a huge fan of the Bon era it seems. I could only imagine what Axl would do with an instrumental like this from their 2nd latest release:

The last 3 or 4 ACDC albums have all been the same nothing of major quality more rock by numbers most of the songs don't get to see another tour yeah we know Angus has written some classic tunes back in the 70s and 80s with Malcolm  but him and Axl writing together doesn't float my boat their styles are completely different and most Acdc fans want straight forward Rock not some Elton John type  anthems mixed with Aerosmith
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 08:42:42 AM »

Ex,

I don't know about that - Maybe it would "float the boat" & be more than "rock & roll nonsense". Just my opinion.

Poor

Poorlakers
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »

Hi HBK.

The last 3 or 4 ACDC albums have all been the same nothing of major quality more rock by numbers most of the songs don't get to see another tour yeah we know Angus has written some classic tunes back in the 70s and 80s with Malcolm  but him and Axl writing together doesn't float my boat their styles are completely different and most Acdc fans want straight forward Rock not some Elton John type  anthems mixed with Aerosmith

Well, glad it isn't about you.  People tend to lean towards shit and then when questioned, their usual response is; well Axl doesn't do this and that and this and that and this... so on.

Just let shit be man, stand behind or next to the artist(s) you respect, or cared for at one point rather than throw stones.

ACDC fans were hating on Axl until they heard it firsthand, so, just let it go and if it happens, great.  Hope you like it, if you don't; all good just know the process on creating was amazing. 

We kind of tend to forget that everything is a process and if Axl is part of something, the process is more about the friendship and love of people involved than the need to create something loved and accepted by everyone.  To us, that's just a bonus.

Personally, the love we found within the ACDC family is priceless. 

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 04:59:03 PM »

Remember,,, Axl Is Big FAN Of AC/DC From Bon Scott Era

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 09:19:06 PM »

Hi HBK.

I literally linked to a video that disproves everything you said...  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: